Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: drharvey] #6314573 06/20/11 04:01 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted By: drharvey
exact is relative. the photos i saw from the helicopter looked like 80 yards or so. JVD stated he was never two casts from DB bouy marker.

I'd say 80yards is plenty then. I thought somebody said DB was fishing a spot on a spot (brushpile)

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: grout-scout] #6314588 06/20/11 04:04 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
DB was fishing a depression that went from 6'-15'...it had small chunk rock on it.....nothing else in that area had any structure on it. (Zona Side Imaged the area and talked about it.) DB made the same cast over and over...he said when you caught one the key was to make the exact same cast.

Swindle for example was fishing one brush pile with a hard spot behind the pile in 5' of water....making cast after cast to that spot.

Sounds like very specific spots to me. All off shore.

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #6314597 06/20/11 04:06 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan
DB was fishing a depression that went from 6'-15'...it had small chunk rock on it.....nothing else in that area had any structure on it. (Zona Side Imaged the area and talked about it.) DB made the same cast over and over...he said when you caught one the key was to make the exact same cast.

Swindle for example was fishing one brush pile with a hard spot behind the pile in 5' of water....making cast after cast to that spot.

Sounds like very specific spots to me. All off shore.

That kind of fishing would make me bang. Talk about not very fun, well, except for the winner.

Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: grout-scout] #6314609 06/20/11 04:09 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Oh they only had to fish like for 2 hours max....that is all the fishing time they had due to locking down river and back up.

DB said fishing four days like that and it didn't even equal a normal fishing day!

Them waiting on that barge was PRICELESS video coverage! They all looked like they could have doodood their britches!

Great coverage on this event!

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: drharvey] #6314614 06/20/11 04:10 PM
T
Troyz Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: drharvey
i really dont like commenting on these discussions, but seems not everyone read all there was to read. I remember reading JVD's marshall blogged about him losing the two big fish on day one (while on the water-live blog)before any of this was released by DB. I AM CERTAIN of this because i read it twice. Now how did JVD know that DB was leading on the first day while they were still fishing. It seems that JVD did just as he said, he didnt back down as others did when DB pressured. And to boot just about anyone else that fished that piece of structure on day one and felt they could be in contention without a little bad luck (losing fish) would be right back there. They are fishing for 100k. Again, just seems to me after reading this thread there are a lot of comments from people who have not read the whole story, just snippits that did not elaborate fully. Not one person has mentioned the most important part, the marshall blogged about losing the fish on day one. Seemed obvious he established himself in the area as does most anglers on the elites do at most every tournament in crowded places. He just had a run of bad luck. Personnally I like DB better than JVD so im not partial to JVD. Just thought there was pertinent info ignored or not read.

Maybe you need to read the whole story again also. JVD fishing in the area on day 1 was not the focal point. He got 0 weight on day one. DB was clearly the established leader after the conclusion of day 1. The unwritten rule is if you do not encroach on the leader, especially if you are not in contention. Clearly after posting a 0 JVD was not in contention at that time. Admittedly he worked his way up the standings on the subsequent days but where he was catching those fish is what became the sore point. DB obviously felt (and so did the other pros that were quoted) that JVD was infringing on the leaders area and JVD should have backed off like the other anglers. JVD was in 4th place at the start of the last day but considering he lead DB had at that time it is hard for me to even consider him in contention at that point.

Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: Troyz] #6314630 06/20/11 04:15 PM
drharvey Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
i'll leave it alone

Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: TIM CLINE] #6314930 06/20/11 05:33 PM
J
JCaudle Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I'm torn. I have the utmost respect for rules both written and un written as well as professional courtesy. I can see both sides. I think I would have yeided the spot to DB. I have seen this courtesy extended to one of my own and believe me it was greatly appreciated. Thanks Ryan Watkins, you are a class guy. Looking forward to seeing you at a tournament soon. Maybe that what it comes down to. Class? Don't know JVD so can't say for sure. From what I can read both could have handled the situation better.

Re: Denny Brauer/JVD Flare Up [Re: JCaudle] #6315017 06/20/11 05:52 PM
D
David G Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Not sure on story but did not a similar event happend at Harris Chain? Grant Goldbeck had 1 fish day 1 - then out of nowhere has 27lbs day 2. Fished along side Shaw Grigsby. Where was Grant day 1?

-David-
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide