Forums59
Topics1,047,495
Posts14,107,391
Members144,388
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: Fast Lane] #6288180 06/12/11 07:53 PM
S
swampcat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
what comes around... goes around... maybe the rook will learn some day..

http://www.bassmaster.com/news/who-owns-water

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: swampcat] #6288194 06/12/11 08:01 PM
C
Crazypayaso21 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
IMO there wasn't anything that JVD did wrong everyone keeps mentioning the zero on first day but no one mentions the 2 big fish he had come off probably 10 lbs it would be a different game right now if they were landed. That's why even if they are sharing water doesn't guarantee that either will land all the fish they hook

Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: swampcat] #6288206 06/12/11 08:05 PM
USA-1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I am not sure what to think about this one. I realize JVD is a rookie, has desire to compete and win for his sponsors. But unless I am wrong, many of the Elite folks are also a group of friends that support each other and rely on that friendship at some point of their careers. I realize in this case, JVD is not breaking any rules but its something beyond that which they see as "anglers etiquette" and its their choice to make. We read about this these situations all the time. Denny has been there since day 1. You cant do it alone in this sport even though you fish alone against all others. If that is the case, and other Elite anglers see it as Denny see's it, then JVD may face Karma at some point which could influence his opportunities.

Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: USA-1] #6288245 06/12/11 08:25 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Online Content
the janitor
Online Content
the janitor
J
There are some unwritten rules with BASS Elite anglers. I don't know if they exist in FLW (since I don't follow it too close), but the guys who fish the Elites all know the the rules (courtesies may be a better word than rules) that are not in the book. If the leader, or even one of the top three, have found spots where there is pretty much room for only one angler, it is generally considered theirs for the tournament, unless they leave.

New guys occasionally come in and do a little poaching and hole jumping and are hazed or get a bad reputation pretty fast. There may be a point in time where hole jumping is part of the game, where it's a race and who ever gets there first owns it, but as things stand, if you hole jump or don't respect who had it the first day, you are not going to be very popular with most of the core group of Elite anglers.

I like the off-the-books respect the guys show each other.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: Troyz] #6288256 06/12/11 08:33 PM
T
TwoRangers Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Follow the rules. If they don't like the rules - then change them. Sounds like a cry baby thing to me. That's why they have rules and print them. Just follow the rules or if there is a problem in the rules - change them.

I am not saying it is right or fair...But if the rules are a problem - change them to give a guy more space. If it is not cheating, then it is allowed.

I was fishing a spot the other day on an island moving up and down the deep side and catching fish. I fished toward the point somewhat. A guy goes around the island and comes from behind me and takes the spot before I could get back there. I did not like it. It was not fair. But he didn't break the rules - so that's the way it is.

it sucks and I would not do it - nut maybe the rules need changing so it is not up to "being a nice guy" or not. The "nice guy" loses out...The rules need changing.

Last edited by TwoRangers; 06/12/11 08:43 PM.

Fishing Arkansas and Florida. Retired, driving Rangers, catching bass, releasing them live and loving it.

Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: TwoRangers] #6288467 06/12/11 10:19 PM
USA-1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: TwoRangers
Follow the rules. If they don't like the rules - then change them. Sounds like a cry baby thing to me. That's why they have rules and print them. Just follow the rules or if there is a problem in the rules - change them.

I am not saying it is right or fair...But if the rules are a problem - change them to give a guy more space. If it is not cheating, then it is allowed.

I was fishing a spot the other day on an island moving up and down the deep side and catching fish. I fished toward the point somewhat. A guy goes around the island and comes from behind me and takes the spot before I could get back there. I did not like it. It was not fair. But he didn't break the rules - so that's the way it is.

it sucks and I would not do it - nut maybe the rules need changing so it is not up to "being a nice guy" or not. The "nice guy" loses out...The rules need changing.

Assuming it is the "courtesy" rule...If they followed your suggestion and that is to add more RULES for every thought of courtesy that made sense I bet the list of RULES would be a mile long. Best probably let good judgement rule. We are raised to "use good judgement". As an example, first in line at the ramp should be allowed to go first. No rules on that should be needed. Just use good "courtesy judgement" as JP called it. JVD made his and that was his choice. I am not knocking him either way. But it seems that some people get it and some dont. Those that dont get the "courtesy rule" tend to want it in writing and ask that more rules be added.

Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: TwoRangers] #6288518 06/12/11 10:37 PM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
Originally Posted By: TwoRangers

There are too many rules already. Who is going to enforce these rules? Are we going to have referees and umpires. These things usually police themselves. I, for one, believe their are too many rules already without anyway of really enforcing them. This is fishing, not the NFL.

"We have to stay woke. Like everybody needs to be woke. And you can talk about if you're the wokest or woker, but just stay more woke than less woke”. Kamala Harris (2017)
Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: Fishspanker] #6288577 06/12/11 10:51 PM
Bass Raptor Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: Fishspanker

So if its a two day tournament and you know the leader caught them in a certain spot you are ok with the first boat out or fastest boat blasting over there?

It does not have to be against the rules to be wrong.

Seems like we have some anglers here who are in favor of people who fish the "bent pole" pattern. hmmm

Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: Bass Raptor] #6290228 06/13/11 05:58 AM
D
DuckBoogieman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Denny needs to sack up (no pun intended).... If he has a problem with JVD he should go take it up with him personally, not drag it on the stage. Right or wrong, he comes off like a cry baby..

Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: DuckBoogieman] #6290245 06/13/11 06:39 AM
S
SoCal Tom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Many of the other Elite guys sided with Brauer and said JVD needed to learn a little "etiquette". He's young and doesn't quite understand that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Brandon Palinuik also knew the spot, but deferred to Brauer because he was leading. At a young age he understands how the game is played. I'm a little surprised Uncle Kevin didn't give the youngster a lesson, but who knows if he tried and the kid wouldn't listen. He'll learn fairly quickly or end up fishing local trails in Michigan for a long time.

Last edited by SoCal Tom; 06/13/11 06:40 AM.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

http://www.rayhubbardbassclub.com
President

Save the Date! 9th annual FFAC - Sunday October 27th, 2024 - Lake Ray Hubbard!
Re: Brauer Calls out JVD- Elite Live Weigh-In [Re: SoCal Tom] #6290324 06/13/11 10:15 AM
C
ChanceHuiet Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
C
Look at all the on water shots and basscam jvd wasnt close to brauer. I understead where he is coming rom but dude is being over dramatic. He couldnt of handled the classic obviously. They were all way way closer and oh yeah kvd dint gripe any and he still won. Jvd was beside brauer all 4 days just fish moved around through those 4 days also. We all know fish move hourly.

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide