Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Dallas mornig news fishing report #62478 09/11/03 09:24 PM
F
FishTexas101 Offline
Angler
Angler
F
Well, Luke is a friend of mine - and he tries to do a good job. From his perspective, if he published a report from Rayburn rather than Roberts - he would catch flak, etc.... He tries to get as much coverage as possible and keep his guide-reporters happy. The reporters do not get paid for the report and only receive a bit of publicity and maybe a guide trip or two.

Personally, the report is only as good as the ever changing conditions. I believe it is good for trends and water temps and levels, after that, well you know that as a fisherman we are pretty much on our own when we hit the lake. Good Luck to all this weekend at Roberts and if Luke reads this - keep trying buddy, the sports page would be leaner still if Sasser didn't rely on you.

And by the way - maybe for another thread - what do you think of the DMN coverage of fishing in general? I can rememebr looking for BASS tournament results buried in columns in with the 9-10 y/o girls water volleyball scores.

Re: Dallas mornig news fishing report #62479 09/11/03 11:41 PM
J
j.steve Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
W.C., you got the TFF right here. What else could ya ask for, Keep the paper in the need "paper" room

2 Thessalonians 1:6-10
In these verses, there are dire consequences for NOT obeying the gospel. What the world claims as "saved" isn't gonna cut it! Learn what it is, in an eye opening true story, "Muscle and a Shovel", by Michael Shank.
Re: Dallas mornig news fishing report #62480 09/12/03 04:38 AM
ksutton Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I have not read a fishing report for about 2 years. Since I found the TFF there has been no need to. The information here is much more up-to-date and accurate. I don't even bother with the TPWD reports anymore.

The problem I have found with the fishing reports is that the information is provided by guides that fish those lakes. (Now hear me out. I know a lot of those guides are on TFF, too.) Luke Clayton, and other reporters, only report on "Excellent" reports from the guides. The LMB action a guide (say Rudy Lackey) on Ray Roberts reports as "Good", just because it was slow to him, could still be better then what a quide on Fort Phantom Hill reports as "Excellent". A quide on Cedar Creek (say Billy Seaman or Steve Bradbury) may report sandbass action as "Good", or even "Poor", only because they did not limit out on 14" and up sandies but a guide on another lake might consider 20 14" and up sandies as his best day of the year.

There is just no true measurement to compare the different lakes so I just don't pay any attention to them. I come on TFF and search for reports on the lake I am thinking of fishing. If there is nothing new I just make a post asking and usually have the information within an hour or two.

Kevin

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin
Re: Dallas mornig news fishing report #62481 09/12/03 01:35 PM
W
Wylie Crappieman Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
W
My Point Exactly!!!

Re: Dallas mornig news fishing report #62482 09/12/03 02:18 PM
H
hook-line&sinker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
H
I work for a central texas newspaper and I know why fishing/hunting reports or other news doesn't make it in the paper.. there ain't room.. advertising drives most papers not news content.. it's not only about news that is fit to print it's about news that fits in the space available... Newspaper is a business just like any other, we need to make money.. but as mentioned in the above posts we now have this and other forums that fill the need better and faster... I fish every time I get the chance usually three or four times a week and it's never because I read a report.. It is always fishing but not always "catching".. just do it.. get outdoors and have fun!

------------------

>)));> Wishin' I was Fishin' <;(((<

“Personnel is the most vital and important aspect of any industry.
If you’re just going to grind them up, it’s not going to end well for anybody.”
SCOTT REINARDY

Re: Dallas mornig news fishing report #62483 09/12/03 03:49 PM
G
greg Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
I go to my in-laws several times a year in south carolina and prior to going I try and get fishing reports. The attached site is the one that I like the most just because it saves me from making a lot of phone calls to bait shops around the particular lake I will be fishing.

This link is to the specific lake I fish at usually. http://www.fishnandhuntn.com/wateree.html

Personally I like this style of fishing report. Like I said, it saves me from making a lot of phone calls when I come into town.

Re: Dallas mornig news fishing report #62484 09/12/03 07:01 PM
Bassr1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Local reports should be from local lakes. But that's why we this forum!

[Linked Image]
Re: Dallas mornig news fishing report #62485 09/13/03 02:45 PM
B
Billy Seaman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
AS you will see when you read the report weekly that 2 lakes are always in there, Fork for it is the Bass Meccaa and probably 75 guides on that lake, and of course Texoma, Striper lake of the USA and probably at least 75 guides there, the other 2 lakes he writes comes from various guides including myself for Cedar Creek, which he gladly rotates around.
Like that one thread said earlier, times have changed. For example, 3-4 years ago after having a article from me On CC, would get 15-20 calls and maybe book 5-6 trips, now might get 5-6 calls and bok 2-3 trips.
There is just not enough interest in other lakes for him to write about as much as the other two.
Thank the Lord for the TFF and word of mouth!

------------------
Billy Seaman(guide Service)

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide