Forums59
Topics1,047,475
Posts14,107,063
Members144,388
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Massive action this morning.... [Re: EdwardLiverHands] #6150498 05/05/11 08:23 PM
S
spro Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Why would you post your great success story if your going to get mad if someone asks where you caught them? If you need a pat on the back, I'll give ya one. thumb clap

Re: Massive action this morning.... [Re: spro] #6150508 05/05/11 08:24 PM
E
EdwardLiverHands Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
E
lol

Re: Massive action this morning.... [Re: Hawkpuppy 1] #6150541 05/05/11 08:32 PM
E
EdwardLiverHands Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
E
Originally Posted By: Hawkpuppy 1
You know, the more I have thought about this, the more it really irritates the [censored] outta me. What ever happend to the days of a man going out and catching fish on his own? How did you people manage to ever catch any fish before the internet?

Dave

yea....Why cant a guy just go catch a couple fish and post some pictures of himself in some funny lookin boots. I mean come on.

Re: Massive action this morning.... [Re: EdwardLiverHands] #6150542 05/05/11 08:32 PM
Fishboy Frank Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I don't have a dog in this fight but wanted to chime in. I private guide select people and like you said did a lot of trial and error fishing over the years. But also like many of us, before the Internet, good old boys taught this young pup at that time the ropes. That was what I loved the most is those guys were willing to teach me and share with me a lot of their wisdom. Most of those men are with the great Fisherman of men in the sky and my memories are rich because of them. Just lost one a couple weeks ago. This man took me along and paid my expenses to a world class fly fishing trip to Wyoming. At his funeral I committed to continue taking his grandkids fishing as I've taken them in the past. Lot of people call that paying it forward. I'm relatively new to this Forum but I've already shared with a lot of people my tips and my tricks. It's been my experience that the good book tells us in (Acts 20:35) that it is more blessed to give than to receive. When we are asked to share we are playing the role of those good old boys, were just doing it digitally. Life is too short. Let's help one another while we can.... Best Regards- Frank.

Re: Massive action this morning.... [Re: Hawkpuppy 1] #6150551 05/05/11 08:34 PM
F
Fishing with Kids Offline
Angler
Angler
F
Sure..........Just kidding. But it is nice to know what lakes are doing well. Personally I fish LL 90% of the time and Texoma the other 10%. They and both big lakes so I give depts, bottom structure, and my lure, heck some times I will even give a landmark, eg 2 poles. But that way a person at least has a idea of what they are looking for.

Live like you play. Play like you live.
Re: Massive action this morning.... [Re: Fishboy Frank] #6150554 05/05/11 08:35 PM
H
Hawkpuppy 1 Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
H
Well said Frank and I hear you. I was taught by my Dad and grand fathers when I was growing up as well. I am still learning new things everytime I go out. The problem I have is guys only wantign to know where to go to catch them and what you caught them on. And the guys that call you a commie if you don't...

Dave

Strip, strip....set
Re: Massive action this morning.... [Re: Hawkpuppy 1] #6150559 05/05/11 08:36 PM
H
Hawkpuppy 1 Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
H
Meant to add this: But when I am out fishing public waters, and see the pontoon trollers and such dang near running me over and eye ballin' me, I get pretty defensive about who I tell where I catch my fish.

Dave

Strip, strip....set
Re: Massive action this morning.... [Re: Hawkpuppy 1] #6150601 05/05/11 08:46 PM
Fishboy Frank Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Well said Frank and I hear you. I was taught by my Dad and grand fathers when I was growing up as well. I am still learning new things everytime I go out. The problem I have is guys only wantign to know where to go to catch them and what you caught them on. And the guys that call you a commie if you don't...

Dave

HP glad you didn't take it the wrong way. For sure have had my share of "trials" out on the lake over the years and some of the way people treated me was unreal. One guy pulled up beside me and some buddies fishing a hole couple years ago and he says to me, "Why don't you get the "F" out of here you've caught enough fish." Now I'm about your size and was a golden gloves boxer back in the day. My first thought was to knock him out. But the "new" me said, "Sure tell you what let me pull back and you pull up here and catch you some fish." He was so dumbfounded I could have thrown my slab at him and he would have taken the bait! That is one of many times I killed them with kindness. I wasn't always that way. The good Lord and a great wife of 30-years turned me around! Happy Fishing!

Re: Massive action this morning.... [Re: Hawkpuppy 1] #6150619 05/05/11 08:50 PM
C
Chase Curtis Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
You know, the more I have thought about this, the more it really irritates the [censored] outta me. What ever happend to the days of a man going out and catching fish on his own? How did you people manage to ever catch any fish before the internet? These days everyone wants everything handed to them and to be spoonfed how to do things. You wanna catch fish like these? Get out on the water your self and start fishing, that's how! Trial and error with different baits, patterns, structures... For the love of God people, quit waiting for everythign to be given to you... Oh, I feel much better now.

Dave

I will agree that there is no need in "giving" someone free spots to fish and being handed to them on a silver platter... but IMO i dont think anyone was trying to pry for info.. to ask what lake someone was fishing on doesn't give away ANYTHING and really I would have asked what lake as well.. just out of curiosity. and I dont need any info from anyone to go out and catch fish..anytime... i use too.. but had some good help! but what lake...? common question...

Nice fish!

thumb

Last edited by Chase Curtis; 05/05/11 08:54 PM.

Curtis Custom.

USCG 25GT Master Capt.
Re: Massive action this morning.... [Re: EdwardLiverHands] #6150659 05/05/11 08:59 PM
S
Schwoogie Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Hunters and gatherers evolvled along the way, they learned new tricks from other people and used various tools to get what they wanted. This forum is one such tool, to help us less gifted anglers learn how to make our time on the water more productive. As we evolve over the years we share this information with our fellow TFF'ers, hoping to help someone else the way we were helped. When I first started fishing for sandies, hybrids and stripers, I would get skunked nine times out of ten. I hired numerous guides on numerous lakes and learned a great deal from them. I also learned a butt load of things on this forum, now my humbling days of getting skunked are few and far between. Although I am still in the learning phase of fishing, I still take the time to give detailed reports from my trips with enough information to help others that may not be fortunate enough to spend as much time on the water as I do.

Re: Massive action this morning.... [Re: Fishboy Frank] #6150713 05/05/11 09:12 PM
PlanoKeith Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: Fishboy Frank

Dave

HP glad you didn't take it the wrong way. For sure have had my share of "trials" out on the lake over the years and some of the way people treated me was unreal. One guy pulled up beside me and some buddies fishing a hole couple years ago and he says to me, "Why don't you get the "F" out of here you've caught enough fish." Now I'm about your size and was a golden gloves boxer back in the day. My first thought was to knock him out. But the "new" me said, "Sure tell you what let me pull back and you pull up here and catch you some fish." He was so dumbfounded I could have thrown my slab at him and he would have taken the bait! That is one of many times I killed them with kindness. I wasn't always that way. The good Lord and a great wife of 30-years turned me around! Happy Fishing!

Frank That is an AWESOME story killing them with kindness. I have become that way myself. It is alot less stressful than getting upset. Thanks for the story from the past.

I always tell everyone on here what I used to catch with and where I was when catching. BUT that doesn't mean the fish will be there tomorrow . I don't mind sharing because that is what I came on here for. I like to hear about someone else catching fish from the information I posted. There are going to be people out on the lake and the creeks that will try to fish right on top of you. I feel that I am better off letting them have it and finding some more in another place. It really doesn't do any good to get upset because like Frank said " Life is too short " to worry about small things.

Good Luck next time ya'll are out fishing smile thumb

Hawkpuppy 1, you are not a commie and I am glad that you got in on some GOOD hybrid catching Good catch cheers

Keith smile

Re: Massive action this morning.... [Re: Schwoogie] #6150739 05/05/11 09:18 PM
C
Chase Curtis Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Schwoogie
Hunters and gatherers evolvled along the way, they learned new tricks from other people and used various tools to get what they wanted. This forum is one such tool, to help us less gifted anglers learn how to make our time on the water more productive. As we evolve over the years we share this information with our fellow TFF'ers, hoping to help someone else the way we were helped. When I first started fishing for sandies, hybrids and stripers, I would get skunked nine times out of ten. I hired numerous guides on numerous lakes and learned a great deal from them. I also learned a butt load of things on this forum, now my humbling days of getting skunked are few and far between. Although I am still in the learning phase of fishing, I still take the time to give detailed reports from my trips with enough information to help others that may not be fortunate enough to spend as much time on the water as I do.

clap

Curtis Custom.

USCG 25GT Master Capt.
Re: Massive action this morning.... [Re: Fishboy Frank] #6150758 05/05/11 09:23 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I don't have a dog in this fight but wanted to chime in. I private guide select people and like you said did a lot of trial and error fishing over the years. But also like many of us, before the Internet, good old boys taught this young pup at that time the ropes. That was what I loved the most is those guys were willing to teach me and share with me a lot of their wisdom. Most of those men are with the great Fisherman of men in the sky and my memories are rich because of them. Just lost one a couple weeks ago. This man took me along and paid my expenses to a world class fly fishing trip to Wyoming. At his funeral I committed to continue taking his grandkids fishing as I've taken them in the past. Lot of people call that paying it forward. I'm relatively new to this Forum but I've already shared with a lot of people my tips and my tricks. It's been my experience that the good book tells us in (Acts 20:35) that it is more blessed to give than to receive. When we are asked to share we are playing the role of those good old boys, were just doing it digitally. Life is too short. Let's help one another while we can.... Best Regards- Frank.

What a great discussion! And I love helping the boat next to me that isn't catching squat by throwing them a couple of slabs that they've never seen before so they can get in on the action.

Yesterday evening, however, as I was about to pitch out a marker on a big school of hybrids, my fishing buddy reminded me that that can be an invitation to half of the lake and that our evening can quickly come to a halt (esp. on Ray Hubbard?). Oh, how true...... So I kept the buoy and we fished our spot by sight.

I love to help out but it does seem that the original poster has a point..... Some of us put ourselves in a position to be taken advantage of without meaning to. I don't blame him one bit for not broadcasting the specific location on Proctor only to go back tomorrow and find 10 guys shoulder to shoulder because of his willingness to give the rest of us some motivation.

Fantastic discussion gang. I think this is the beauty of TFF. cheers

Jackson

[Linked Image]
Re: Massive action this morning.... [Re: Hawkpuppy 1] #6150769 05/05/11 09:24 PM
B
birddog14 Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Well, so everybody will quit crying and no one else will get their feeling hurt, yes, it was Proctor. You want GPS coordinates now too?

Dave

funny you would ask... smile

Re: Massive action this morning.... [Re: JacksonBean] #6150791 05/05/11 09:27 PM
T
TxJole Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Decoy marker then put your i-pilot on lock over the stack. Just have to be careful I had a guy try to pick my marker up last weekend when I was 30 feet away from it. I yelled and he said "oh is that your". Best part I think he's a member here, seen the boat somewhere.
Originally Posted By: JacksonBean

What a great discussion! And I love helping the boat next to me that isn't catching squat by throwing them a couple of slabs that they've never seen before so they can get in on the action.

Yesterday evening, however, as I was about to pitch out a marker on a big school of hybrids, my fishing buddy reminded me that that can be an invitation to half of the lake and that our evening can quickly come to a halt (esp. on Ray Hubbard?). Oh, how true...... So I kept the buoy and we fished our spot by sight.

I love to help out but it does seem that the original poster has a point..... Some of us put ourselves in a position to be taken advantage of without meaning to. I don't blame him one bit for not broadcasting the specific location on Proctor only to go back tomorrow and find 10 guys shoulder to shoulder because of his willingness to give the rest of us some motivation.

Fantastic discussion gang. I think this is the beauty of TFF. cheers

Jackson

1966 Boston Whaler Sakonnet
Click here to see more about the boat
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide