texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
WR6819, 88champion, delaney304, TexasA&M, Southern Sports (The VI)
119384 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 121,834
hopalong 121,182
Bigbob_FTW 99,834
Bob Davis 88,386
John175☮ 86,096
Pilothawk 83,542
Mark Perry 73,331
Derek 🐝 68,418
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,047,249
Posts14,103,269
Members144,384
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: Fishin' Nut] #6083026 04/18/11 06:06 PM
D
Dosser Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Back when I was twelve or so my dad had bought me a new zebco 33 and a new rod, we went out to lake trammel after school one day, and he was teaching me to throw a crankbait to catch some white bass, after he instructed me on how to do it, he got a good laugh when 3 consecutive casts my crankbait grabbed my hat and threw it in the water.

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: Dosser] #6083260 04/18/11 07:08 PM
J
Judge Smails Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
A buddy and I were fishing at his boat slip on hubbard one night and another buddy joined us and after a while Tony decided to get his boat out of dry storage and go fish fork. I decided to go with him and fish fork at night which is alway's fun.We get the boat and hit the water about 3am and start fishing.My buddy is one those guy's who likes to fish fast we'd pull up to place cast a few times and it was ball's out to the next spot(after the sun came up).So about 11 am that morning after screaming all over the lake for about 6hrs we get ready to leave the spot we're in and the boat won't start.Tony goes back and opens up a compartment in the back of the boat and this frieghtened scared to death kitten bolts out of that compartment and firmly digs his claws into Tony's chest and he and the kitten go screaming flipping backwards out of the boat into the water in the middle of fork.So I throw a life jacket to Tony he makes back into the boat I'm laughing my a#$ off trying not to but with no luck.The kitten at this point is drowning and will not let you grab it for anything and we have no net.So the only thing we could find was a pair of shorts so we put one end of the shorts near the cat and he latched on them and we were able to lift this kitten back in to the compartment he came from and shut the door.Tony is bleeding everywhere look like he'd been shot or something so I go over to start the boat and the boat started right up which I started laughing even more.So we get over to the Minnow Bucket and open that compartment with Tony standing way out of the way this time and openend the door and he jumped and ran around the building.Tony went in to get cleaned up and it was pretty funny listening to Tony telling the people at the minnow bucket how this happened.It was a sight to see.

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: NTXSlab Hunter] #6083740 04/18/11 08:51 PM
P
Paparon Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
Originally Posted By: NTXSlab Hunter
My wife is an incredible fisher woman...

Was gonna tell one but can't compare to some of these and this one wins!
rolfmao

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: Judge Smails] #6083755 04/18/11 08:54 PM
W
West Tex fishman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
Hooked a big ol' brown water snake (non-poisonous)at Alan Henry a couple years ago. Fought like crazy and was fun up until the point that it dawned on me that I now had to get my high dollar plug back. Snake didn't care that I was trying to release him unharmed. He just wanted to bite anything within reach. At one point, when he made a strike at me, I threw snake, lure, and pliers all over the side in a moment of panic. Reeled him in and started all over. Finally got him pinned down with a paddle and recovered my lure and released him. Hmmmmm,,,,seemed like a good idea at the time.

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: William64] #6084590 04/19/11 12:01 AM
J
jbassman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
son and i caught the same crappie i had a bite set hook son sets his also i say cool double,, this fish had both minnows in his mouth,

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: jbassman] #6084604 04/19/11 12:04 AM
S
sexyshad Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Very funny stories

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: sexyshad] #6087119 04/19/11 04:13 PM
L
Little Red Nitro Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Yea this is some pretty good stuff.

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: Little Red Nitro] #6087351 04/19/11 05:17 PM
Lowly Net Boy Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Let's see if I can remember, this has to be close to 30-35 years ago, Anyway we were headed to Pat Mayse for the weekend tournament and fish fry. For the people that have never been there, around that time they had some of the biggest/baddest snakes a lake could have, we're talking moccasins as big as your leg and water snakes that looked like anaconda's, and they were everywhere. Fri. night started out about avg. as most of us had plenty to drink, stories were told and one person (Thomas) freely admitted how deathly afraid he was of snakes..boy was that the wrong thing to say. Sometime Sat. someone purchased a large rubber snake for a store then late Sat night put it in the live well of Thomas's boat. The word was spread around and we all waited till Sun. Come Sun morning, blast-off, there were about 3 boats that followed Thomas everywhere he went, we were accused of fishing his holes,to wanting to see his holes,well u can name just about everything in the book that is what we were accused of, but we were waiting for him to catch a fish, finally after what seemed like hours, he finally caught one, pretty nice fish if I remember right, he goes to drop it in the live well, and words simply cannot describe what happened next. His body movement is best described as a cross between Michael Jackson and Joe Cocker, a seat was torn out,the fish went one way and his rod the other,(both into the lake),
such words and language have never been uttered since. At this time we were all busting a gut laughing, then he knew what had just happened and he wanted to fight right there.
Don't know what the people fishing Pat Mayse that day thought, but the chase was on, he chased us from the dam back to the timber back to the dam running as fast as we could run laughing all the time. When we finally got to shore that afternoon a GW was waiting on us and wanted to know what went on most of the day (someone must have complained), we explained everything and the GW thought that was the funniest thing he ever heard, all the while Thomas was standing there, I swear , with steam coming out his ears. Funny thing is he never fished with us again either

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: Lowly Net Boy] #6091073 04/20/11 03:15 PM
D
dustman_stx Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
I wasn't there for it, but I'll relay one of the funniest stories I've ever heard. A good buddy of mine was out on Texoma with another of our mutual friends. Now this friend was Filipino, and had a very distinguishable accent, if you know what I mean. At some point during the day, my Filipino friend managed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and got hooked smack dab between the eyes. They had to cut the end of the hook off and pull it back through. So, now he has a huge red bloody spot right between the eyes. He later decided he needed to pee, so begins to do so over the edge of the boat. My other buddy cut the trolling motor a little hard, veering the boat right out from under him. To get the full effect, you have to imagine a small, tan, Filipino flapping his arms as if to try to fly back into the boat, while screaming "Oh, cheat" in a Filipino accent as he flies into the water. Don't know if he ever went back out in the boat with him again.

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: dustman_stx] #6091090 04/20/11 03:18 PM
C
crappie-mark Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C
i took a dump off the side of the boat down in port A. not a pretty site for those passing us smile

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: crappie-mark] #6091194 04/20/11 03:38 PM
D
dpdpete Offline
Angler
Angler
D
I had an old Skeeter F80 Strada which had a little barrier under the console but there was a gap where something could get down into the hull. I was going pretty good clip across Lake Lewisville when I feel something clawing up my leg. Man that is not a good feeling to have when you are tooling across the lake and I tried to shut down the throttle, jump to passenger seat, and grab my gun all at the same time. Didn't have my kill switch attached and boat didn't get shut down so now I am upside down in the boat with dang cat hanging on for dear life to my calf and boat still running across the lake. Finally got upright and was able to shut the boat down and then unclaw the cat from my calf. Didn't kill it but sure thought about it till I realized it was as scared as I was. Soon as we hit shore it jumped out and took off. I was glad I didn't keep my ol pistola closer as I might have had a lot of holes in my boat on that deal.

Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: crappie-mark] #6091562 04/20/11 05:15 PM
W
Western Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
Went fishing at Texoma with two friends, we were trying to catch more shad since the striper where really biting. I was in the front casting the net into a very shallow sand bar. One of my buddies was sitting over the live well holding the top open so I could just open the net directly into the live well.
I cast the net and the water exploded with shad, also a LMB about 7" long jumped out of the water to escape the net, onto the casting deck flopped around and into the live well. We all 3 looked at each other, but didn't say a word. I, being the only "sobor" one in the boat, reached in and threw the Bass out. 5-10 seconds later a Texas Game warden pulled up and said " I have never seen that before! and probably would have ticked ya'' if I found that fish in the box if I hadn't seen it myself".

Another time with one of the same friends at Whitney, again I was casting a net from the front, My Buddie had to take a "leak" over the side. Well I cast the net and when I quickly pulled the rope to keep the net out of some shallow brush, the inertia pulled the front of the boat and he went in head first.

Dennis

http://www.tractorbynet.com/ (Largest Tractor/farming/ranch community on the web)
Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: Western] #6091713 04/20/11 05:59 PM
S
Stump jumper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
A buddy and I were fishing live bait on Texoma and got a little bored. The buddy was a big ole country boy and a little gullible. I tod him to take his weight off and throw a shad out there and catch a sea gull. He did not believe me so he had to prove me wrong. Well I was right. He fought that thing back to the boat and I said "what are you going to do now". He grabbed the bird and got the hook out of its beak. After he let the bird go I said "look it left something behind". It had left a deposit on his leg. He said "had I seen that the bird would have been dinner".

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: Bored at work , so whats the funniest thing that ever happened in your boat [Re: Stump jumper] #6092355 04/20/11 08:40 PM
L
lextech Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
A couple of buddies and I were going to fish a secret crappie hole on a winter morning. We get out to the lake and found a sink hole with my truck before backing into the water. Well now we were stuck. My truck is sinking up to the rear axle. We get a jeep to try and pull my truck out. Jeep starts breaking thru the ground. Winched the jeep out. Moved jeep to another spot and tried again, we start getting some movement and then the guy in the jeep stopped using the winch. He started backing up all is going well and we start seeing smoke and smell burning clutch. The next thing we know there are about 10 of us rednecks using our jackets to beat out the flames in this hay field. The fire is making a b line for the jeep and 20 round bales of hay. The land owner and good friend of mine comes running with a fire extinguisher and saved the day. We got all the vehicles out. The guy that owns the land said something like this happens about every year or so he was laughing. It was one of those events that you would and could not believe alcohol was not involved in. Needless to say I no longer take my boat there only my kayak now.

P.B. LMB 9 LBS
P.B. WALL EYE 10LBS
P.B. CRAPPIE 16 INCHES
all weights are guestimated and not certified. walmart cheap scale
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide