There has already been some great stuff said here my friends, and ya'll have it very well covered, but I will submit my two cents. Ah the fishing wagon. I got one last year for $100 at Northern Tool, and it paid for itself the first time I drug my tackle up the Horace Caldwell pier. I got the biggest model they made, because Lord knows there is no such thing as too big! I also zip tied 6 PVC pipes on it for rod holders, and I will say that my wagon serves its purpose EXTREMELY well. There is simply no way to haul a normal man's fishing gear hundreds of yards without something like this.

For me, the best fishing is had at the Caldwell and BHP. I can't say enough about these two wonderful piers. Well lit, safe, 24 hour pier and store, and a wide variety of fishing opportunities. Go shallow for specks and reds, and go to the end of these piers for sea monsters. Having to pay $2 per person and $1 per rod (4 rod max) I think keeps a lot of the riff raff off of the piers. On the piers where there is no admission fee, its not uncommon to be bothered from time to time by drunkards and general morons. Not to say that Port A and Corpus is full of them, but I've seen a lot of idiotry at 2 am on a pier. I feel safer at HC and BHP due to the sheer size.

Charlies Pasture always produced at night when there were lights, and it saddens me that the lights are gone. If city ever has enough sense to put lights back there, trout will once again frequent the area at night. My favorite two lures for trout and reds is the 1/4 oz. DOA shrimp in glow and a Reaction Strike Jerk Jr. with a 1/2 jig head. Try these on HC and BHP. Also, buy a wagon. You will not regret!

I'm not a chick.