Re: Above the law???? [Re: stinger13] #5996809 03/27/11 04:05 AM
G
Grant2 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
G
Originally Posted By: waker
Originally Posted By: Mudbug
I would have made a citizens arrest. Sorry sucker on Roberts gave me a ticket for no lights after dark about 7 years ago. I had beached before dark well within the legal hours and I put my boat on the trailer after talking with a few friends. He gave me a ticket for not having my lights on for the 25 yards from where I beached to the trailer. Watching me the whole time. Needless to say I was pizzed. Thought he would give me a warning, so I was nice and calm before I saw he was gonna give me a ticket and then I gave him an earfull. Went to court and was told I would lose because I was legally wrong, but the bailiff said to the judge and the lawyer that it was bullshiz and they only made me pay court fees. All I can say is that I hope Karma catches up with him.

Hard to believe that a judge would let his bailiff speak to him like that in court.

Thank You... There is no bailiff going to tell a Judge it's bull in his court room and he agrees and all you do is pay court cost get real.

Re: Above the law???? [Re: Grant2] #5998614 03/27/11 09:21 PM
C
Capt Craig Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
I was a police officer for 10 years. Sometimes while doing your job you have the authority to violate a law to perform your job.

Police officers speed to catch a crook, and therefore break the speed limit law. It is an accepted exclusion, called running code.

If you want to catch poachers and people that are fishing illegally, you have to be somewhat invisible on the water.

One of the things I truely enjoyed was sitting in the dark with my nightvision goggles watching drug deals and sending in the bust team. It is a little similar on the lake. If he is (and he probably is) using nightvision equipment to see what people are doing on the lake, he can't have his lights on as they interfere with the equipment and draws attention to himself. You can't see him, but he can see you LONG BEFORE you ever get close to running into him, he will turn his lights on. Kinda as described in the original post.

Wardens have always had one of the most dangerous law enforcement jobs as most people they contact are actively armed and shooting game or in secluded areas.

Give your law enforcement, and wardens are police officers, a break here. They are out there working hard to protect you and your right to enjoy your passions without someone injuring or killing you or a friend by a drunk on the lake who is poaching under sized fish in numbers that exceed the limits.

Law Enforcement have exclusions to certain laws in order to protect and serve, that is just the way it works.

Capt. Craig Copeland
Licensed by the US Coast Guard

2019 Nautic Star 215 XTS Shallow Bay Boat
Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3N
Nautic Star Boats Pro Staff (nauticstarboats.com)
Redneck Fish'n Jigs Pro Staff (redneckfishn.com)
Re: Above the law???? [Re: Capt Craig] #5998774 03/27/11 10:06 PM
B
BridgeportGuide Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted By: Capt Craig's Guide Service
I was a police officer for 10 years. Sometimes while doing your job you have the authority to violate a law to perform your job.

Police officers speed to catch a crook, and therefore break the speed limit law. It is an accepted exclusion, called running code.

If you want to catch poachers and people that are fishing illegally, you have to be somewhat invisible on the water.

One of the things I truely enjoyed was sitting in the dark with my nightvision goggles watching drug deals and sending in the bust team. It is a little similar on the lake. If he is (and he probably is) using nightvision equipment to see what people are doing on the lake, he can't have his lights on as they interfere with the equipment and draws attention to himself. You can't see him, but he can see you LONG BEFORE you ever get close to running into him, he will turn his lights on. Kinda as described in the original post.

Wardens have always had one of the most dangerous law enforcement jobs as most people they contact are actively armed and shooting game or in secluded areas.

Give your law enforcement, and wardens are police officers, a break here. They are out there working hard to protect you and your right to enjoy your passions without someone injuring or killing you or a friend by a drunk on the lake who is poaching under sized fish in numbers that exceed the limits.

Law Enforcement have exclusions to certain laws in order to protect and serve, that is just the way it works.

Couldn't have said it better!

Re: Above the law???? [Re: BridgeportGuide] #5998780 03/27/11 10:07 PM
B
BridgeportGuide Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Our Wardens have seriously cut down on the number of Jet Skies out after dark using the "hole in the water" tactic.

Re: Above the law???? [Re: BridgeportGuide] #6000115 03/28/11 03:22 AM
T
TreeBass Offline
Lt. Dan
Lt. Dan
T
I believe this thread has run its course thumb

[Linked Image]

My success in life is measured by the number of hunting
and fishing stories that my kids can share with others

Sure-Life Products
Dobyns Rods