Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: We need a name #583503 04/09/03 02:31 AM
fishin'addiction Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
TX-Basser,that would depend on your goals, mine are long term and I'm more than willing to discuss them. I'd like to get this club off the ground, raise money , and use those rescources to create several clubs, in other areas, under one roof. Fish against other orginizations like the Backwater Bassers in Oklahoma. A pipedream? Perhaps.
Kelly has been a great help in putting this together, I asked, he answered. Others, including yourself have offered your help and I'm more than willing to take you guys up on putting something together, I never said I wasn't willing to do those things,I never asked to be compensated, I do more volunteer work than I care to discuss, I just stated that I wasn't willing to buck up start up costs and bear the finiancial burden of future events, and unless there are sponsors or other fees, ie. club dues or other fund raising there will not be a 100% pay back. That , TX-Basser, "is the deal".If you have a problem with this, butt out, I don't need you. Any questions? E-mail me , end of discussion.

------------------
When in doubt, Set the hook!! SUA SPONTE

[This message has been edited by fishin'addiction (edited 04-08-2003).]

Re: We need a name #583504 04/09/03 02:53 AM
K.D. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Tx-Basser and fishn'addiction are both saying the exact same thing. It won't be 100% until it's a club. At this point, unless we have around 25 entries, fishn'addiction is out the cost of the 100 fliers and 100 entry forms we had printed at Kinko's plus the fuel to drop them off at Academy, BassPro, etc. I'm sure no one expects to get reimbursed for every dime unless they keep meticulous records.

This first tourney is fishn'addiction's baby. Let's thank him for putting it together. If enough people are willing to start a club, then it will move in a direction that the majority feels is in it's best interest. If there isn't enough interest in a club, then it will be a tournament 'circuit', and that means a percentage of entry fees will be kept by the organizing person. Most circuits pay back 80%, require a membership in the circuit and some even require a subscription to a magazine.

It was my suggestion to payback 80%, but fishn'addiction insisted on 90%. I know where his heart is, and if you do the math, 20 entries at $20 is 400. 10% of that is $40. I don't think at even 2 tourneys a month, anyone is going to get rich on $40 a tournament.

I'm bursting with excitement waiting on Saturday. It can't come soon enough for me! Let's fish!

Kelly

Re: We need a name #583505 04/09/03 02:59 AM
K.D. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Oh yeah! You did ask for names!

The flyer for this tourney says "Belly Boat Bassers", so that's 1).

2) DFW Float-tubers

3) Lone Star Tubers

4) Bass-n-Tubes ( I think there is already a tubing club with this name.)

5) Tubin' for Bass.

How's that? Someone hold a vote and let's pick one after the tourney Sat. Personally, I like any of the first 3.

KD

Re: We need a name #583506 04/09/03 11:47 AM
T
tx_basser Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Well, I will "Butt Out" then Fishn'addiction, because you just gave your sentiments about the whole situation. My understanding was that you wanted to form a club, not run a circuit. I was only responded to your comments about the things you indicated you did not want to do. I reaffirmed that you should not be out any money, but time, energy, organization is a different matter and that is what you posted.

As far as I am concerned you can run this event and do what you like, because I am not interested now and will "Butt Out".

Re: We need a name #583507 04/09/03 02:44 PM
C
canepole Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
...thank you for butting out.

that guy was getting toxic to my fishing groove - I CAN'T WAIT FOR SATURDAY!

Re: We need a name #583508 04/09/03 10:22 PM
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Oooookay, time for a new thread! But first a quote from the first line of my original post "Any suggestions for a name for the proposed fishing club and tourney circut?" <shaking head>By the way fellas'...don't let these last few posts cause sour grapes. Suggestions and input are great things. I'm not totally against club dues, but I've looked at this from several angles; a 90% payback will be a great way to have the club raise funds and allow non-members to fish and join in. I've already started a spread sheet showing my expenses and it will be avalible to anyone at anytime. I've spoken to Canepole and Kelly about my goals and intentions and "there is a method to my madness". Traditional clubs are just that. Look back at B.A.S.S., the NAFC, Honey Hole, Basschamps, FLW and many others. They started from nothing. Now think about the cost of being on one of those circuits, boat and all. I've got news for you...there are a lot of tubers out there, unorganized and looking for something like this. Not just here, but everywhere. I want this to be fun for us all, but I personally want to build a strong base organization that has the potential to grow and expand, not only here, but across the U.S.

------------------

[This message has been edited by fishin'addiction (edited 04-09-2003).]

Re: We need a name #583509 04/10/03 01:17 AM
K
KUJO Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
fish'n are we going to be an only bass group?

TEXAS FLY REPORT
"Home of the world famous Chicken Rodeo!"

JOIN the San Antonio Area Bank Fishing Group
Re: We need a name #583510 04/10/03 02:41 AM
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Kujo,
At this point I'm open to doing some different things, if there is enough intrest in a Crappie or other type of fish, sure, but you'd need at least 10 guys to make it interesting.Anyone else have any thoughts?

------------------

Re: We need a name #583511 04/18/03 03:56 PM
Fishbrain Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Jerry,

How about Kickin'Bassers?

When we decide on a name, I could get shirts, hats, whatever made up. My sister-in-law has a promotional products company, and I could do the graphics, if we were interested.

My wife is off next Tuesday (I think), so I don't have to take care of the kiddo. Anyone want to his Twin Coves about 5:00?

Randy

Re: We need a name #583512 04/22/03 03:19 AM
S
Steve-O Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Texas Float Tube Fishermen, TFTF

There's got to be a cool name. Nothing really sends me yet.

I'm in. I'd like to see monthly get togethers. In the cooler months, we could improve our equipment. I'd like to see how to build rod holders, live wells, depth finders, etc. Kind of like crappie fishermen that tie jigs all winter in preparation for the summer.

June is when I will break out the tube in earnest. Had it out last weekend, but went bank fishing when I saw 30 cars parked along the side of the road. I'll be doing that till it dies off.

Let me know when the first get together/float will be.

------------------
Tight lines,
Steve-O

You know WWIII has started when the French surrender!
Re: We need a name #583513 04/25/03 04:06 PM
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Official name: LONE STAR FLOAT TUBE ASSOC.

------------------

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide