Forums59
Topics1,046,972
Posts14,098,788
Members144,381
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: adam_p] #4909794 05/27/10 03:34 AM
S
snubnose Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Originally Posted By: adam_p
Originally Posted By: snubnose
What are they going to do to you if you don't do it? I dropped nearly $80 on two annual passes last week. The pass looks different.... but they didn't say anything about this. I will simply throw any notes I get on my windshield in the trash.

They are just going to start writing you tickets. They will have no way of knowing that you have a pass. You will no longer have the pass that hangs off the mirror. They take that from you when you have to change to the new credit card type pass.

How do you know? And I renewed my pass a few days ago and my new credit card type pass will be hanging from the rear view in the plastic holder they gave me to hang it with..... this is how they know I have a pass. Sounds like you haven't got your new pass yet. If they are still doing this a year from now when I renew again I won't be renewing.

Last edited by snubnose; 05/27/10 03:42 AM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: snubnose] #4909814 05/27/10 03:40 AM
adam_p Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: adam_p
What are they going to do to you if you don't do it? I dropped nearly $80 on two annual passes last week. The pass looks different.... but they didn't say anything about this. I will simply throw any notes I get on my windshield in the trash.

They are just going to start writing you tickets. They will have no way of knowing that you have a pass. You will no longer have the pass that hangs off the mirror. They take that from you when you have to change to the new credit card type pass.

I'm wondering what IDB is going to look like saturday with all the 3 timers coming out for memorial day. There will be people lined up on 455 trying to get in all because of this. It takes about 4-5 times as long to get through the gates now.

How do you know? And I renewed my pass a few days ago and it will be hanging from the rear view is how they know I have a pass. If they are still doing this a year from now when I renew again I won't be renewing.

I don't know, I am assuming. I could care less what you do. Your probably a big boy, you can deal with whatever they decide. Got a new pass Sunday.

Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: adam_p] #4909841 05/27/10 03:48 AM
S
snubnose Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Now Now.... temper... temper. Right... you don't know.

Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: snubnose] #4909992 05/27/10 04:33 AM
adam_p Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Now Now.... temper... temper. Right... you don't know.

I don't get upset at stupid stuff like this. You were being a d*ck, so I'm being one back.

Have fun paying $5 a person every time you go to the lake next year.

Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: evolution44] #4910249 05/27/10 11:05 AM
T
Troyz Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: evolution44
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:38 PM
To: Carter Smith
Subject: New policy for State Park Pass holders?
Can you please clarify whats happening in regards to having to complete/display paperwork at a state park, even though Ive got a State Park Pass? There have been grumblings on the internetlots of folks not happy with this.

REPLY -
Thank you for your note. I appreciate your sharing your concerns. I have copied my colleague, Dan Sholly, on this email. Dan is our Deputy Director of State Parks, and will be able to answer the specific question you have.

I want to let you know that we have just implemented a new automated revenue and registration system in all of our parks. As a new system, it still has some kinks that we are having to address. We want to hear about any problems our customers and constituents are having with the system. It sounds like you are having one of those issues, and I will make sure we get you an answer as soon as possible.

In the interim, thank you for your use of your state parks and for contacting me. We greatly value your business and enjoyment of these great treasures and want you to continue enjoying them. I regret any inconvenience you are having at this time.

Best,

C. Smith

Carter Smith
Executive Director
Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
4200 Smith School Road
Austin, TX 78744
Office: 512-389-4802

Makes you wonder why he did not just go ahead and answer the question instead of getting someone else involved and delaying getting an answer back to you. Typical govt efficiency..................

Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: Troyz] #4910275 05/27/10 11:26 AM
R
ragged edge Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
I have a pass and been fishing in a creek for the last two months. Pass expires the end of June. Been thru the gates at least 40+ times this year. When did this chiT start? More money? What was wrong with what they had? Total b/s!

The first liar never has a chance!
Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: ragged edge] #4910337 05/27/10 11:59 AM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
I suggest to laucnh at Jordan and ignore the paper flyers on your windows.

I am not gonna fill out paperwork each time I go into a state park, royal pain in the a$$. Plus the main benefit about buying the park pass is not having to mess with the pay station and paperwork at 4 a.m.

Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: RedRanger] #4910530 05/27/10 01:16 PM
Goat Farmer Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Exactly, one reason I buy the pass is to save money, but the other reason is to avoid the lines at 3am, drive straight to the boat ramp and launch.. it's saves time and tired head at 3am trying to find a pen, fill out my license plate number which is 20 trailers back in line away from the envelopes, etc.

If they are gonna implement this, they need to have someone at the gate ready to swipe cards on a system that works 24 hours a day.

If they aren't there, the freakin' pass goes in the mirror hanger THAT THEY GAVE ME 2 months ago and that will be it. There is no reason to fill out anything if we've already pre-paid for a year pass and display it... that doesn't make any sense!

Email sent to dan.sholly@tpwd.state.tx.us too.

Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: Troyz] #4912266 05/27/10 06:58 PM
T
Travis Irick Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Adam is right! The new passes don't even have you name. They have a number. If you jus stick it on your mirror they will write you a ticket. Sounds like he was trying to keep you from getting one. I'm sure they will have a grace period but it will end soon. Good luck putting that thing on your mirror.

Realtor Travis Irick
Irick Real Estate
irickrealestate@gmail.com
Check out our website- Pilotpoint.com
(940)368-1423
Off-duty Firefighter

Let me help you with your North Texas Real Estate needs.
Pilot Point,Frisco,McKinney,Providence,Denton, Sanger, Aubrey, Whitesboro...
Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: Travis Irick] #4912303 05/27/10 07:04 PM
T
Travis Irick Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
They should at least put the box for the slips closer to the ramp.

Realtor Travis Irick
Irick Real Estate
(940)368-1423
Off-duty Firefighter

Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: Travis Irick] #4912313 05/27/10 07:05 PM
E
evolution44 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
E
1. If you purchased your Texas State Park Pass (TSPP) before we implemented TxParks on May 12th, it needed to be turned in the first time after May 12th that you visit a park, and then it will be exchanged (no charge) for a TSPP that is recognized by the new TxParks system. If you did this, I suspect this may be the paperwork being referred to as we have to gather customer information (name, address, etc.) to issue the new pass.

2. Prior to TxParks our day guests would typically drive up, show their pass, wed verify the pass holder is in the vehicle and write down how many people were in the vehicle, and send them on their way requiring them to display the pass through their windshield. Later wed have to add up all the numbers or tick marks we wrote down for the day and manually input them into a computer. Now, the new TSPP is not the vehicle permit. We still verify that the pass holder is in the vehicle and enter how many people are in the vehicle (captured in computer now instead of written down and manually totaled and transferred to an automated file later). But we now also take the pass and run it through a card swipe to confirm that it is a valid pass, and issue a vehicle permit that comes out of our receipt printer and which must be displayed on the vehicle. This permit may also be the paperwork being referred to.

These new procedures are necessary for our fiscal control and accountability for auditing purposes. We are striving to make it as least impactive or disruptive to visitors as possible.

If this is not what you were referring to, please let me know, and we will get you an answer.

Thank you for you interest and support of Texas State Parks.

Dan

Dan Sholly
Deputy Director
Texas State Parks

...the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing...except post about it in the bunker.
Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: evolution44] #4912415 05/27/10 07:30 PM
Barrett Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
THE POINT IS WE HAVE TO FILL OUT PAPER WORK IF WE DONT LAUNCH AT ISLE DU BOIS OR JOHNSON.

Thats what everyone is irritated about. I usually launch at Sanger or Jordan.

Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: evolution44] #4912424 05/27/10 07:31 PM
T
Travis Irick Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
That's not awful. The complaint is at the satelite ramps like Jordan park at lake Ray Roberts that has no personel there to swipe the card. They told us you have to fill out the paperwork and put the paper in the window.

Realtor Travis Irick
Irick Real Estate
(940)368-1423
Off-duty Firefighter

Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: evolution44] #4912531 05/27/10 07:46 PM
T
Trickster Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
T
Originally Posted By: evolution44
1. If this is not what you were referring to, please let me know, and we will get you an answer.

Thank you for you interest and support of Texas State Parks.

Dan

Dan Sholly
Deputy Director
Texas State Parks

What is the process for the satelite ramps like Jordan, Buck Creek, Sanger and Pond Creek? Any early morning issues launching?

Last edited by Trickster; 05/27/10 07:47 PM.
Re: New Rules at Ray Roberts for launching. [Re: Trickster] #4912601 05/27/10 07:59 PM
T
Travis Irick Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
When you get there you get out by the bathrooms and fill out a page of info such as your address, pass number, name, how many people are with you, what type of blood type and what type of food you enjoy. Then you put it on the box that visitors put money in. It is the same process that visitors that don't have a pass do but it's prepaid.

Realtor Travis Irick
Irick Real Estate
(940)368-1423
Off-duty Firefighter

Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide