Print Thread
Page 92 of 303 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 302 303
Re: Somerville White Bass Run #2!! [Re: JimboK] #4596080 03/12/10 04:47 AM
A
Aggie2011 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
Well, I'm heading out there tomorrow from basically Texas A&M campus if anyone would like a ride and such, just shoot me an PM with your name and number. Carpooling is cheaper and I have my s10 so plenty of space for the fish and gear.

Re: Somerville White Bass Run #2!! [Re: JimboK] #4596089 03/12/10 04:52 AM
F
fishytx Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted By: JimboK
Hello everyone. I'm new to TFF and recently started freshwater fishing. I'm fairly inexperienced with white bass fishing. Have I missed my opportunity in getting in on the action at Somerville? I read some posts earlier and it appears the peak is over? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Perhaps you should go back a page or two and read the reports again. I have no clue where in the world you got the idea the run is almost over.

Re: Somerville White Bass Run #2!! [Re: fishytx] #4596122 03/12/10 05:04 AM
J
JimboK Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
Thanks, you're right. I read some old old post. Looks like I still have a chance to get into the action.

Re: Somerville White Bass Run #2!! [Re: JimboK] #4596317 03/12/10 06:42 AM
F
Fish Wrangler Offline
Angler
Angler
F
Ya went there today and bagged six although I should of had at least 3 more. Can't tell you how many lures I lost today...:( It was a fun trip and entertaining catching them on the ultralight!

Re: Somerville White Bass Run #2!! [Re: Fish Wrangler] #4596751 03/12/10 02:06 PM
J
jsinn01 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: Fish Wrangler
Ya went there today and bagged six although I should of had at least 3 more. Can't tell you how many lures I lost today...:( It was a fun trip and entertaining catching them on the ultralight!

Wade, are you finally out of that cast? Glad to hear your catching em'.

Re: Somerville White Bass Run #2!! [Re: jsinn01] #4597070 03/12/10 03:09 PM
F
fishytx Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
I cant decide where to go fish this weekend. I know I can get into some fish on the Yegua, but I also want to make another long drive over to Reimers so I can wade fish for those whites. The rive current should have dropped off enough now where I can wade out closer to the areas I like to fish. And trust me, catching these fish in gin clear water on four pound test line at Reimers is a trip and a half. It doesnt get any better than this type of fishing. You may hook into a fish with fifty yards of line out, and then you have to fight these babies back through some pretty strong current. Your drag sings a lot, and you can hear the different tones coming from your line as you battle these fish back to ya. To me, this is the most awesome fishing ever.

I just hate that its 98 miles one way. But the fish should be really turning on down there. When you get in the right spot, you can catch a hundred or so fish, just one right after another. I also like the fact that I can watch these fish as far as five to eight feet under water grab my jig. Plus there are these rapids that are moving real fast that you can fish in and catch fish too. You just need to know where to cast to in order to get bit.

Our spring break starts next week so we have a few plans for our daughter. I put it this way, there is so much going on for the next nine days, its going to be kind a hard for me to squeeze in as many fishing trips as I would like. Im also looking at fishing a bass tournament on Wednesday night, I just hope I can make this one.

Re: Somerville White Bass Run #2!! [Re: fishytx] #4598650 03/12/10 09:26 PM
M
monsterfireworks Offline
Angler
Angler
M
We hit the creek this morning. Did not get started till about 9:00am. My son and I had about 23-25 whites together. I gave away about a dozen fish to people fishing around us. The rest we let go.
The bite was slowwwwwww. We would catch no more than 2-3 fish in one spot till about noon. For the next hour it was on like donkey kong! I did see 3 nice hybrids on stringers.
I did not see any whites moving up stream. Couple of days ago I saw well over a hundred. Also all but two fish were males and nothing over 13 inches. Is the run almost over?

Mike, it was nice to meet you. Hope your day ended well.

Re: Somerville White Bass Run #2!! [Re: monsterfireworks] #4598714 03/12/10 09:45 PM
A
Aggie2011 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
well got to the creek at 10 today over at irwin and caught only 2 crappie and 1 white bass. left at 2:30

Re: Somerville White Bass Run #2!! [Re: Aggie2011] #4598886 03/12/10 10:30 PM
C
catchnrelease Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
I'm doing the opposite of Fishytx. I'm headed to Yegua tommorrow morning, then to Reimers Sunday afternoon. I live about 45 miles from Reimers, and about 90 miles from Yegua. I love the scenery and fishing at Reimers. But, love the larger fish from yegua.

My project just finished up at work. So My weekends will be free for a while. I went to Newman Bottom yesterday. caught about 10 keepers. saw a few limits coming from upstream. It was a nice day to be out. I'll post a report later.

Shut up and fish!
Re: Somerville White Bass Run #2!! [Re: catchnrelease] #4599866 03/13/10 03:16 AM
F
fishytx Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
I think I'll fish the Yegua for the next couple of days. I would be much better off fishing Reimers on a week day when there isn't so many folks down there.

Man I thought I would take a brake in fishing so my shoulders could get a chance to feel a little better right.
Wrong, I've done so much stuff around the house in the last two days, that they hurt more now than they did before I quit fishing. So I guess I need to get back on the water so I can take a vacation.

From the post that Ive read, it looks like they may have slowed down a little. The cooler night temps will do this. But tomorrow Im only taking a counter to keep an accurate count on how many I catch, and I hope to hit the thirty to forty count. Fifty or sixty would be even better. In other words, tomorrow will be catch and release only. Ill have my camera with me, so maybe Ill get a few good snap shots of some stringers, fish and anglers as well.

If you see me out there, be sure to say hello, or something. Also if you have any questions that you would like to ask about this white bass fishing on the creek, feel free to ask, and Ill do my best to help you out and also show you how to read these pockets in the creek where the fish like to hang. I should be out there some time around 10:00am.

And I'll be at Irwin bridge.

Re: Somerville White Bass Run #2!! [Re: monsterfireworks] #4600338 03/13/10 05:17 AM
R
ripgere Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
Originally Posted By: monsterfireworks
We hit the creek this morning. Did not get started till about 9:00am. My son and I had about 23-25 whites together. I gave away about a dozen fish to people fishing around us. The rest we let go.
The bite was slowwwwwww. We would catch no more than 2-3 fish in one spot till about noon. For the next hour it was on like donkey kong! I did see 3 nice hybrids on stringers.
I did not see any whites moving up stream. Couple of days ago I saw well over a hundred. Also all but two fish were males and nothing over 13 inches. Is the run almost over?

Mike, it was nice to meet you. Hope your day ended well.

Monster it was nice to meet you too. Thanks for the fish. I ended up cathing 7 more fish before the bite just virtually stopped and I had to go.

Re: Somerville White Bass Run #2!! [Re: ripgere] #4600346 03/13/10 05:22 AM
R
ripgere Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
First time I got out this year. Went upstream from Irwin's Bridge and fished all the way to the falls. I ended up cathching a total of 15 fish (13 WB, 1-24" hybrid, and 1-Goo). Monster gave gave me a stringer of 8 fish. The fish were much appreciated. It was a long hike back with the WB and the hybrid added about 6 pounds to my bucket. I'll post pics soon.

Re: Somerville White Bass Run #2!! [Re: ripgere] #4600429 03/13/10 06:04 AM
R
raiderLUVjen Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
I had to work today and then we had to go out of town to look at wedding stuff. It was close to where my Dad lives, he has a place that has a creek that comes off of the Trinity. I took my son and two nephews just to get the kids out fishing for a bit. Glad I did cause those boys were knocking them out!! I was stringing fish for about an 1 1/2 hours for them while they were just catching them one after another. We ended up with a limit in that little time. Good thing is that the Trinity will drop causing those Whites to trap up in there...I'll have plenty of Whites. I think I'll go w/o the kids next time so I can go from hole to hole. They didn't want to walk much, but then again they didn't have to. That limit came out of one hole... thumb

Re: Somerville White Bass Run #2!! [Re: hook-line&sinker] #4600617 03/13/10 12:41 PM
F
fishytx Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted By: hook-line&sinker
I was doing well until Ryan showed up about lunchtime and scared all the fish away LOL.. I think I had 6 ? on the stringer when Ryan met up with me and we only caught 1 each after that all day! I didn't even fish on the way up the creek I was more concerned about photographing the eagles.. and that is a whole other story.. found a dead eagle.. and have reported it to the park. No other details yet..

Hey HL&S, did you ever hear back from TPWD and find out the results of what took the life of this eagle?

Because if you did post a report, then some how another I missed it.

Fishytx

Re: Somerville White Bass Run #2!! [Re: fishytx] #4600813 03/13/10 02:36 PM
B
BIG SHINER Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Went 3/11, thursday at about 10:30 at Irwins. Started slow. One nice female the first hour, then found a stretch with 2 and a hole where I caught 6 all males. Went way upstream and caught 2 more Females. Slow so I started heading back. Fished where I caught the 6 and caught another 5 males. Down stream alittle more caught a few where I could see them spawning right on the edge. Lost about a 4 lb hybrid. Studied how they reacted to different presentations and colors. A 1/16 oz black/yellow feather jig slowly retrieved with a little jigging action every 2-3 seconds killed them. They couldn't resist. Fished a couple more small holes and caught another 11-12 and then I found a nice hole with some current. Caught a few and then met a guy from Austin and showed him waht I was doing. Fished that hole for about an an hour and a half. We caught 2 crappie and no telling how many whites with a hybrid or two in there. But then I had to go meet the realtor to look at a house. Caught and realeased about 50 fish today, by far the best I have ever done. Probably only about 7-8 females, and one small gar. Good to meet you Chris. Hope to be out there again soon to fish and meet some more good people. Later, Clint

Page 92 of 303 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 302 303
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide