L
Longeye Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted By: USA-1
Originally Posted By: Longeye
Did anybody see his nice little episode when he caught a decent fish and then laid down on his back and spit up in the air behind him - TWICE.. All you Ike lovers can tear me up all you want, but that was disgusting..!!

What about his hair....does he comb it okay for you?

PM me and I'll let you know what I think about his hair.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Ike spitting...disgusting [Re: Longeye] #4526607 02/23/10 05:40 PM
P
Pro-17 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
P
So he spits and acts a little crazy... who cares? Half of the MLB players spit & grab their crotch every time they step up to the plate, & most NFL players act like idiots whenever they score a touchdown yet no one seems to care. So Mike acts like an idiot when he catches a fish and he gets bashed? Sports would be pretty boring if no one ever got excited.

Re: Ike spitting...disgusting [Re: Pro-17] #4526611 02/23/10 05:43 PM
S
SFAbassguy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
longeye please start another topic.

"celebrate success even if it's not your own"
Re: Ike spitting...disgusting [Re: BNKrust] #4526720 02/23/10 05:59 PM
R
rdmgrnhrn59 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
On Sunday before ESPN2 aired the final day, ESPN Classic replayed the post classic shows for the last few years. In watching those and comparing IKE's demeanor to this classic he appears to have calmed down a little bit.

The one thing about IKE is you can't ignore the guy catches fish. Otherwise we would never see him on the screen. To fish at that level takes an incredible amount of skill and determination. Fishing is no different than other sports w/ the mix of competitve personalities and the battle for the all mighty corporate dollar.

Last year when the Elites were at Amistad my family and my TX relatives were there fishing the week after. There were several Elites staying over and fishing that week, including IKE. I was like a pig in du-du. One morning I was walking my son down to the dock and IKE was putting in his boat. My son is handicapped but enjoys watching fishing shows and going fishing and just watching dad try to catch them. Well IKE is diggin around in the back of his truck as we walk by - he sees my son, stops what he is doing and walks over and talks to us, but it is clear his focus was on my son. My son has a limited vocabulary but knows how to give five and say thank you. IKE was beaming after my son did both to him. From that point on the guy has had a warm spot in my heart. I am not a fan of his antics, but nobody is perfect.

Re: Ike spitting...disgusting [Re: rdmgrnhrn59] #4526781 02/23/10 06:12 PM
C
Cypress Legend Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: rdmgrnhrn59
On Sunday before ESPN2 aired the final day, ESPN Classic replayed the post classic shows for the last few years. In watching those and comparing IKE's demeanor to this classic he appears to have calmed down a little bit.

The one thing about IKE is you can't ignore the guy catches fish. Otherwise we would never see him on the screen. To fish at that level takes an incredible amount of skill and determination. Fishing is no different than other sports w/ the mix of competitve personalities and the battle for the all mighty corporate dollar.

Last year when the Elites were at Amistad my family and my TX relatives were there fishing the week after. There were several Elites staying over and fishing that week, including IKE. I was like a pig in du-du. One morning I was walking my son down to the dock and IKE was putting in his boat. My son is handicapped but enjoys watching fishing shows and going fishing and just watching dad try to catch them. Well IKE is diggin around in the back of his truck as we walk by - he sees my son, stops what he is doing and walks over and talks to us, but it is clear his focus was on my son. My son has a limited vocabulary but knows how to give five and say thank you. IKE was beaming after my son did both to him. From that point on the guy has had a warm spot in my heart. I am not a fan of his antics, but nobody is perfect.

That is amazing, I have heard so many stories like that. Its hard to find someone that will take the time out to make a childs day/week/month. I bet both will never forget that

Last edited by cypress skeeter; 02/23/10 06:13 PM.
Re: Ike spitting...disgusting [Re: SkeeterRonnie] #4526809 02/23/10 06:16 PM
K
Ken G Offline
Angler
Angler
K
Kids love RAP too does that tell you anything

Re: Ike spitting...disgusting [Re: Cypress Legend] #4526818 02/23/10 06:19 PM
B
bassackwards dav Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Its not like he rubbed something nasty in his hair like a zoo monkey. He laid on his back and spit. OH WHAT WORLD.

Re: Ike spitting...disgusting [Re: Longeye] #4526853 02/23/10 06:26 PM
R
Rock Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
He's still one of the best on the tour and the kids love him after all this sport has tunred into sales an Ike sales

Eat Sleep Fish !
trfishing.com
Re: Ike spitting...disgusting [Re: bassackwards dav] #4526858 02/23/10 06:27 PM
bassfishinglawyer Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I heard Ike got the move from Forrest L. Wood back when Ike and Forrest were still with Ranger. I heard Forrest used Ranger's Boardroom conference table to show him how to do it.

Re: Ike spitting...disgusting [Re: Joefishin] #4526893 02/23/10 06:32 PM
N
nitro_898 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
Originally Posted By: Joefishin
Nothing gets this forum more fired up than a discussion about Ike or Pit Bulls. So let's just go ahead and throw this one over the top.....

wink

Yeah, but if Ike spit on the dog while fishing on Squaw Creek with a dead sharelunker in the livewell, would you feel the same way?

(NOW its over the top!)

Re: Ike spitting...disgusting [Re: Pro-17] #4526901 02/23/10 06:34 PM
L
Lip Grip Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
L
Originally Posted By: Pro-17
So he spits and acts a little crazy... who cares? Half of the MLB players spit & grab their crotch every time they step up to the plate, & most NFL players act like idiots whenever they score a touchdown yet no one seems to care. So Mike acts like an idiot when he catches a fish and he gets bashed? Sports would be pretty boring if no one ever got excited.

I never thought of it in that context, but you are 100% correct.

Re: Ike spitting...disgusting [Re: joho5] #4526907 02/23/10 06:35 PM
Shep M Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
What a ridiculous thing to even talk about. AWWWWW the guy spits. Boo Hoo. He also catches alot of fish. Isnt this a FISHING forum? I could care less about his manners

Re: Ike spitting...disgusting [Re: rdmgrnhrn59] #4526913 02/23/10 06:36 PM
M
MidnightRider Offline
Angler
Angler
M
Originally Posted By: rdmgrnhrn59

Great story and things like this are the saving grace for someone that acts the fool all the time, and the fact he flat out catches. Thanks for sharing that, heartwarming to say the least.

Holy damnit, that's a fat girl. ~My Dad, 2009.
Re: Ike spitting...disgusting [Re: Rock] #4526923 02/23/10 06:38 PM
Drew Collinsworth Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
just leave the guy be. dang it seems alot of you care more about how acts than the fact that the only important thing is how he fish's. Im sure alot of us on here wouldnt like each other in person,or on camera but it doesnt stop the fact that we all like to fish. So we put the other [censored] behind us and try and learn from each others ups and downs. If you dont like to watch him fish change the channel, dont watch and wait for him to do something so you can come on here and complain about it. He is who he is. But if you can get passed your own issues you would probably learn something from watching him, hes in the classic. He knows more about fishing than probably most of the people on this and any other forum. So until you acomplish what he has,, dont say anything.

Re: Ike spitting...disgusting [Re: MidnightRider] #4526958 02/23/10 06:45 PM
L
lost Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
I would fish in a pink thong and throw mardi-gras beads at everybody with peanut butter behind my ears for the wild squirrels if it got me paid and a chance to fish the classic.

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide