Forums59
Topics1,042,596
Posts14,020,529
Members144,289
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: FZ1] #4235737 12/10/09 09:15 AM
G
gitthanet Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
All that or good instincts, Chad Griffin had the fish come to him. Still awesome... when a rookie wins, it that much bigger.

Bass fishing is like a 30,000 acre golf course with no flags and five holes you can't see- Tim
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: FZ1] #4235738 12/10/09 09:18 AM
H
H20 Dawg Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
H
I understand what you and a lot of other people are saying but the fish wake up in a different world every day. Heck it changes hour to hour and sometimes by minutes. What I'm saying is money can't buy victory. Bill Gates can't go buy all the equipment and info that these people are getting and go out and win.

Originally Posted By: JCBfromTHF
Water Dogs rock!!!!!

The water is always clearer, on the other side of the lake. ><>
Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: H20 Dawg] #4235808 12/10/09 12:27 PM
M
madcow Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
lets just say these allegations are true.....How does it work? I mean does Skeet or KVD or any other big name guy meet with the local angler or "hot stick" at the dairy queen and circle spots on a map or exchange a chip in a briefcase like deep throat. It just sounds very CIA FBI KGB like. Do the pros fish with the local yokal as well? Do they meet on the lake? What type of information is exchanged? Im not a tournament fisherman just a regular guy that enjoys fishing and watching these guys so I want to know the truth ..... Is it fake like wrestling? have I been had?

What that thound?

I spent 90% of my money on women and drink, The rest I wasted._George Best

Members of Congress are like diapers and should be changed often and for the same reason_ Mark Twain.
Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: H20 Dawg] #4235814 12/10/09 12:28 PM
WaterLogged Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I do believe they are better than most even if the scale was all even, when you do it that much, you will be that good and all the posts about them still having to catch them is 100% correct. My problem with the hypocrisy of it all. When they got rid od co-anglers i was reading some of the anglers views on why it would make the sport better and a true test for the anglers. where is the true test if they arent doing it without help?

Tiger is still the best golfer, but wouldnt be as good without his Caddy giving him information and doing his homework for him and i think there is a little of that in fishing too.

I dont care if they are getting help or not, i just wish they would change the rules allowing it so the guy who does live by the rules or a newcomer playing by the rules can find the same help without risk or guilt.

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: H20 Dawg] #4236210 12/10/09 02:53 PM
C
Cableman Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted By: H20 Dawg
I understand what you and a lot of other people are saying but the fish wake up in a different world every day. Heck it changes hour to hour and sometimes by minutes. What I'm saying is money can't buy victory. Bill Gates can't go buy all the equipment and info that these people are getting and go out and win.

Maybe not, but give me his money and I could! Catching fish is not that hard finding the fish to win is the hard part. Having a team do this for you kinda takes away from the AOY titles, for me anyway.

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Cableman] #4236381 12/10/09 03:45 PM
Clayton Frye Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
No doubt that these guys get help, but if you made it where they couldnt get any help, the same guys would be on top that are on top now. They are just that good. They can take your knowledge and your locations and expand on it more than you could ever imagine faster than you could every dream of.

I know a couple of elite guys very well, and if they were not fishing the elites and were fishing local tournaments they would be winning just like the best guys at your local level.

There GOOD!

They understand fish, how they move, where they are moving to and where they are going. They can adapt to change so much quicker than your average angler. There Professionals, no different than Peyton Manning, Jimmy johnson, or Tiger woods....Ok hopefully a little different than tiger woods....But my point is they are good at what they do and if you think you are good enough jump in and play with them....Fishing is one of those sports on tournament day every one is fishing against the same Little Green fish in the same lake having access to the same water, same baits, etc...just figure it out, they do...the ones that win anyway!

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Clayton Frye] #4236412 12/10/09 03:51 PM
Clayton Frye Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted By: CFRYE
No doubt that these guys get help, but if you made it where they couldnt get any help, the same guys would be on top that are on top now. They are just that good. They can take your knowledge and your locations and expand on it more than you could ever imagine faster than you could every dream of.

I know a couple of elite guys very well, and if they were not fishing the elites and were fishing local tournaments they would be winning just like the best guys at your local level.

There GOOD!

They understand fish, how they move, where they are moving to and where they are going. They can adapt to change so much quicker than your average angler. There Professionals, no different than Peyton Manning, Jimmy johnson, or Tiger woods....Ok hopefully a little different than tiger woods....But my point is they are good at what they do and if you think you are good enough jump in and play with them....Fishing is one of those sports on tournament day every one is fishing against the same Little Green fish in the same lake having access to the same water, same baits, etc...just figure it out, they do...the ones that win anyway!

For people that dont respect them....Read my article from this year in bass Fan, I use to be like you guys!

http://bassfan.com/opinion_article.asp?ID=119

Last edited by CFRYE; 12/10/09 03:52 PM.
Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Clayton Frye] #4236465 12/10/09 04:06 PM
C
Cableman Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Yes they're good, but there are thousands of good fishermen who with the backing of Strike King that could win AOY! Don't you think you could do pretty well if you were given the locations of fish that would win the tournament? Along with what lures and what technique to use?

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Cableman] #4236488 12/10/09 04:11 PM
Clayton Frye Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Fish change everyday.

This is america If you want it go it....its a capatalist society as of Dec 10 2009 at 10:10Am
Im not making any excuses my friend....when I get my money right, my mind right, and my fishing abilities there if i still want it I will make a stabb at it. NO EXCUSES FROM ME....But if and when I get ready..Watch out cause im coming full speed ahead

CFRYE

Last edited by CFRYE; 12/10/09 04:12 PM.
Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Brandon Dickenson] #4236567 12/10/09 04:41 PM
D
Domn8tor~202 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
D
Originally Posted By: Jerry Springer
I am not buying into it...These guys are still that good...Even if you know spots, areas, techniques, they have to know when to adapt!! I am not going to sit here and dog the elites for getting help, its unfortunate, but it is part of the game!

Agree and I dont think all the top elites are doign it. I know after speaking and riding with Edwin Evers in the Conroe T he does not talk or ask or listen and stops people when they begin to talk to him about info he is not to have. Some do some don't that is in all life.

But I agree one can take me to their best spot and i cant catch [censored]. Those men are pro's for a reason.

The word C R A P was censored??????

Disclaimer:
I have no affiliation with anything or anyone on this board. I spend my free time here openly exchanging information and opinions based on the topics I or others choose to discuss.
Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Clayton Frye] #4236590 12/10/09 04:47 PM
T
Tracker Tim Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I recall Timmy Horton finding a rock pikle 70 miles from the launch site. I doubt he found this on his own prefishing.

Nothing like eating pizza on the final day of the tournament.

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Clayton Frye] #4236595 12/10/09 04:48 PM
B
Bassalong Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Having waypoints of brushpiles and other open water structures that usually hold fish can be a massive advantage on some lakes depending on current conditions. So can trail plots for running in timbered lakes with no marked boat lanes. So can info on yearly changes in weed growth. Pity the guy without this info trying to compete against those who have it.

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: H20 Dawg] #4236610 12/10/09 04:52 PM
F
FZ1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
No. Fishing is different.You can win if you have enough good spots. The Pros are very good anglers but they have to have fish holding spots to win. They have both deep and shallow spots. Pros are just "adjusting" from one type of spot to another type of spot. Put KVD out at BPS with his spinner bait and a demo tank with no fish in it and give me a tank with 20 fish in it and I'll smoke him every time.

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: FZ1] #4236642 12/10/09 05:02 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Go back to the Classic last year on the Red River. Skeet said he did not prefish, but rode around the Red River looking.

Okay, I've been on the Red River....it all looks the same. It takes hours and hours of prefishing time.

How did he stumble onto that one stretch without prefishing much, just riding around? Makes me wonder?

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Domn8tor~202] #4236656 12/10/09 05:08 PM
Kay Dyson Offline
HOT Mess!!!
HOT Mess!!!

Good article Clayton, pretty much the long and the short of it.

Good luck in your dream, it's a tuff row to hoe, evidently.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide