Forums59
Topics1,042,477
Posts14,018,805
Members144,286
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: jbassman] #4234427 12/10/09 01:33 AM
R
Roofish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I'm not a Pro, or a Guide, or a Tounament Fisherman, However I fish alot from my kayak and I don't have any help and I always find the fish (no fishfinder involved)and usually the Big Ones

Just A Guy Who Really Enjoys FISHING

Last edited by Roofish; 12/10/09 01:34 AM.

CPHS TIMBERWOLVES 2012 4A DIV II TEXAS HS FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1ST EVER

NY YANKEES 27 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIPS

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: LoneStar64] #4234434 12/10/09 01:34 AM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
For all you haters, if there are people pre-fishing for the Elite pros, name them. Has anyone EVER named a pre-fishing name and tied it to an Elite series pro? If so, back it up. I'm not stating that the practice hasn't taken place. I am saying prove it. And don't tell me that those doing it would never admit it because they're getting paid. There are NO secrets in our sport. If it is as widespread as some of you allege, then surely names would be easy to come by, right? Prove it.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Darryl Roach] #4234452 12/10/09 01:39 AM
G
Grant bell Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Originally Posted By: Darryl Roach
Originally Posted By: tmcdet
Having a staff of people that prefish for you can only be bad for the sport! It makes it harder and harder for one compete without the deep pockets....I would think it would benefit everyone if this was stopped, the sooner the better. One can look to NASCAR to see what happens when the deep pockets rule.

I agree, thumb

me to

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: LoneStar64] #4234467 12/10/09 01:44 AM
B
bassackwards dav Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Its not cheating if its not against a rule. But its not ethical.They should maketighter rules. I think they do have a fixed time you can recieve info from outside sources but I dont know what that is. But if its a factor in the outcome then they should change the rules. Or maybe cut the number of lakes and let them fish for longer on the water for deeper money in the field. First leaders fish would play out and they would be forced to find new fish. I think that would be a intering concept.

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: fouzman] #4234508 12/10/09 01:54 AM
WaterLogged Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
i know a guy who guided a pro back in the 80,s when it wasnt against the rules, and that angler won the tournament on the Ohio River. I wont accuse, but im doubtful if a practice they did for so many years has stopped, just human nature to live on loopholes. What it does is keeps up and comers out of the sport at that level. The way i see it, If someone wins on his own merits, they can look at his check and also have a sense of pride that he won, those who get help can look at thier check and know thier team gave them that check

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: bassackwards dav] #4234764 12/10/09 02:51 AM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: bassackwards dav
Originally Posted By: Darryl Roach
Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie
i am sure Peter T didnt have any help on Benbrook and know that the dam and the northeast corner of the lake was the most productive at that time....

dont let him fool you, hes gotten info too...

thumb

If I rember right he caught his best fish off boat ramps with a finess jig. He may have had info but all his fish didnt come from Damm.

i was out there. the boat ramp at longhorn had a huge brushpile off the end of it about 20 yards off the end... 14-16' of water. that was one of my crappie hotspots. i didnt make it, but helped keep it bushy.

I am not making a right/wrong judgement as to what he did. just merely pointing out what i saw. they all do it, so as long as they are all doing it together- one shouldnt throw stones at another.

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Theron C] #4234914 12/10/09 03:22 AM
WaterLogged Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Why bother to read it all and post in it then?

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #4235131 12/10/09 04:21 AM
Y
yamaha runner Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Y
Its amazing how Ish Monroe managed to find the little sweet spot on the road bed by the dam on Grapevine a couple of years ago as well. They weren't even able to practice and he found it. Its not even on the map!!

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #4235275 12/10/09 04:54 AM
CamFro Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I say back to how the first classic was...Mystery Lake...Now lets see who the real Van Dam is...

Clippers Lawn Care
(903)780-9112
Call Today for your Free Estimate!
Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: CamFro] #4235308 12/10/09 05:07 AM
Brandon Dickenson Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I guess these are the kind of posts that come up when people have Cabin Feaver...There is a lot more to fishing than somebody just handing you a chip or an index card with waypoints...Fishing is timing, and full of mental adjustments as well as moving spot adjustments. I have no doubt these guys are getting help, but I think help is just as likely to hurt you as it is to help you. So I don't think it is an illusion, KVD really is your "best" elite pro, as well as the rankings...Sounds like Peter T is a little bitter after a lackluster year!

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: CamFro] #4235309 12/10/09 05:07 AM
M
Matt McClellan Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Will the real Vandam please stand up... JK... It is just part of the game until tighter guidelines are in place. I was a marshall at Amistad, and learned alot more about this topic. Regardless, these guys still have cool jobs!

UT TYLER BASS TEAM- President

Prosthetic Orthotic Associates of Texas
www.POA-TEXAS.com

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Matt McClellan] #4235326 12/10/09 05:13 AM
M
Matt McClellan Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
You could give me the best waypoints in the world, and I would still be setting the hook on my orange marker buoy LOL! These guys still have to catch them.

UT TYLER BASS TEAM- President

Prosthetic Orthotic Associates of Texas
www.POA-TEXAS.com

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Matt McClellan] #4235392 12/10/09 05:44 AM
T
Todd Castledine Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
I understand this post from one end of the spectrum to the other, and everyone has some good points. I don't think anyone is denying that they get help but we all get help in some form or another. Being on the TFF is help reading magazines talking to people everyday if you open your ears you can learn from anyone.

That being said there sure are some locals out there winning every tournament on certain lakes if these spots are that good and they are the only ones that know about them. A spot will get you so far in a multi event day and fishing that much on that many different lakes with mother nature, trust me mother nature will win and mess a whole pattern up quick.

I have tons of spots on Rayburn and Livingston over the years, Livingston spots change from year to year because of silt. Rayburn spots change from week to week year to year, and even then they are usually sorry on tournament day ask any local.

I got to fish and hang out with a couple this year and it was amazing that most never asked me a question about a lake and would take a small SMALL bit of info and expand on that in one day very VERY quick. The ones I know that fish can FISH and are that GOOD.

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Todd Castledine] #4235724 12/10/09 08:42 AM
H
H20 Dawg Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
H
I agree with the Fouz. The proofs in the pudin, show us the pudin. I also agree with Todd. If someone gets 200 waypoints from a local the pro still has to go out and decide which spots fit their style of fishing. They can't hit all the spots and if they hit the wrong ones they loose. Fishing has always been (since the inception of tournaments) trying to get an edge over the other oponent(s). Better baits, rods, reels, electronics, boats, motors, etc. Sometimes, people just like to moan because they can't keep up with the Jones'. I also do agree that it is making it very difficult for the little guy to get his foot in the door just to get it slammed on his toes. Whenever there is money on the line people will do some crazy things for glory. It is kind of like politics. Most politicians are good people when they are running for office. They want to do the right thing for the people. When they get to Washington, they are the minority because the whole system is corrupted. They either need to go with the flow or they get booted out. So they just go along with what the majority wants so they don't rock the boat. For the ones that think it is unfair, they need to start a new trail. Just like the first classic. Take the anglers to lake X, give them the same boats,rods, reels, lures, electronics,maps,etc. and fish. That would put everyone even and their true abilties to conqour the fish and not the other anglers who have more money and clout. Oh, and the post about paying a locals co-angler entry so they could legally pre-fish with them. Wouldn't that be the same as hireing a guide?

Originally Posted By: JCBfromTHF
Water Dogs rock!!!!!

The water is always clearer, on the other side of the lake. ><>
Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: H20 Dawg] #4235733 12/10/09 09:06 AM
F
FZ1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
They are paying for current information. They are told spots, colors, baits,etc. I'm sure there is a network of people who make nice and sure money for pre fishing for these Pros. Not saying that KVD, for example is not,mechanically,a tour de force angler. I'm just saying they have good spots and know what to throw before they ever hit the water. But they have to be on fish to catch them. They are paying for the spots.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide