Originally Posted By: CypertJ
I re-freeze fish all the time, might freeze all the filets in a gallon bag and then separate into smaller bags later

if the freezing temp won't kill the bacteria, I bet the 350 degree grease will

my point exactly. thumb

To those who think it is not good or "unsafe" to refreeze fish filets because they warmed up to room temp then I am guessing you throw them away, right??????????????????????
If it is no good to refreeze then it can't be any good to eat, right????????????????

WRONG.

There is no food safety issue with refreezing fish as long as the fish is still good to begin with. When it comes to food safety your main concern should be your thawing process. Improper thawing could result in a rapid growth of bacteria. Never ever use hot water to thaw out fish or anything else. I know people that do this because it speeds things up, but what they don't know is that it speeds up the rate at which bacteria grow. If you have to thaw something quickly use cold water. The best way to thaw anthing that is frozen is put it in the refrigerator a day or two before you want to cook it. The slower you can thaw it the slow the bacteria grows.