Forums59
Topics1,047,474
Posts14,107,047
Members144,388
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: BassCat wins 5th JD Power award... [Re: StumpJumper1] #3118022 02/14/09 03:26 PM
J
jumpnjohnfish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: StumpJumper1
one thing is for sure, there aren't that many used bass cats out there. when people buy them, they tend to not want to sell them.

Because they can never get them out of the shop to use them or sell them!!!!

I wouldnt own a Bass Cat if it was given to me for free to be honest especially with a E-Tec

TFF pledge name is: fancypants

Re: BassCat wins 5th JD Power award... [Re: jumpnjohnfish] #3119032 02/14/09 10:59 PM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
Originally Posted By: jumpnjohnfish
one thing is for sure, there aren't that many used bass cats out there. when people buy them, they tend to not want to sell them.

I wouldnt own a Bass Cat if it was given to me for free to be honest especially with a E-Tec

I have always considered BassCats to be fine boats, though I have never owned one. I have never run into anyone with a strongly negative opinion about them, until this. What experience did you have with them that turned against them? Like I said, I don't own one and have never owned one, but just curious for future reference.

"We have to stay woke. Like everybody needs to be woke. And you can talk about if you're the wokest or woker, but just stay more woke than less woke”. Kamala Harris (2017)
Re: BassCat wins 5th JD Power award... [Re: HasBen] #3119186 02/15/09 12:11 AM
J
JT Evans Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted By: HasBen
Originally Posted By: jumpnjohnfish

I have always considered BassCats to be fine boats, though I have never owned one. I have never run into anyone with a strongly negative opinion about them, until this. What experience did you have with them that turned against them? Like I said, I don't own one and have never owned one, but just curious for future reference.

Bass Cat make a fine boat and I am very happy with mine. Is there a better or worse boat... I don't know but the support behind the sale makes the difference for me.

Re: BassCat wins 5th JD Power award... [Re: JT Evans] #3119233 02/15/09 12:39 AM
txwhitetail Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Where did Champion end up on the deal???

Re: BassCat wins 5th JD Power award... [Re: txwhitetail] #3119347 02/15/09 01:27 AM
D
Dwight Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
This is the link. http://www.jdpower.com/Boats/ratings/bass-boat-ratings

As you can see, BassCat was first, Ranger was second and Skeeter was third in the bass boat category.

Re: BassCat wins 5th JD Power award... [Re: Dwight] #3119391 02/15/09 01:47 AM
txwhitetail Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Dwight

As you can see, BassCat was first, Ranger was second and Skeeter was third in the bass boat category.

So they survey owners from those 5 brands only? I am just curious how this "survey" works....I see they have Ranger rated low in "fishing"...It would be hard to beat the fishability of a Ranger so I am skeptical on that one...

Re: BassCat wins 5th JD Power award... [Re: txwhitetail] #3119400 02/15/09 01:51 AM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
Originally Posted By: txwhitetail
Originally Posted By: Dwight

So they survey owners from those 5 brands only? I am just curious how this "survey" works....I see they have Ranger rated low in "fishing"...It would be hard to beat the fishability of a Ranger so I am skeptical on that one...

If you could only follow the money, you might be able to figure it out. However that is very difficult. J.D. Powers is a difficult one to figure out.

"We have to stay woke. Like everybody needs to be woke. And you can talk about if you're the wokest or woker, but just stay more woke than less woke”. Kamala Harris (2017)
Re: BassCat wins 5th JD Power award... [Re: HasBen] #3119693 02/15/09 03:41 AM
M
marlin hunter Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
The theory that Bass Cat builds a better boat because they are not "Mass Produced" does not hold water. Bass Cat as a company wishes they were a "Mass Produced" boat, that would mean that they are selling enough boats to need to make more boats. Boat companies only build boats when they have orders for them. Bass Cat probably builds less than 500 boats per year compared to Ranger in the 5,000 range and Skeeter in the 3,000 range. Bass Cat builds a good boat. I have fished out of one and rode huge waves on Rayburn in a 19' Pantera. But these ratings are relative to the number of owners. Not bashing Bass Cat just trying to give a outlook that JD Powers is a rating relative to the number of owners and number that reply.

Re: BassCat wins 5th JD Power award... [Re: marlin hunter] #3119773 02/15/09 04:13 AM
J
jvon Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Notice legend and several other qulaity boats choose not to pay to partake in the""survey'''

Re: BassCat wins 5th JD Power award... [Re: jvon] #3119860 02/15/09 04:59 AM
J
Judd Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
You guys are right BCB pays JD Power to be the winners...so does Evinrude, Grady White, etc. If you think the Pierce family has the money to pay JD more than the other bigger companies y'all are nuts. Give me a freakin' break!

Yes, there is a fee to partake in the survey and it is very informative to the companies that get the data back from their owners.

I am a Merc fan but Evinrude won. I wouldn't dare indicate Evinrude won because they paid JD more than the other 2. As a whole I can honestly say this past year the Evinrude owners as a whole were happier with their purchase than the other 2. Gives something for Merc and Yamaha to shoot for.

What a joke some of these responses were...be happy there is a company out there who cares what their owners think of their boats, customer service, etc it drives competition and we the consumers benefit from that.

I for one know BCB fixed and have taken care of some things that even I think are crazy just because they want to "earn" this distiction. For some of you to get on here and belittle or even question the honesty of this award is simply jealousy at its finest and y'all should be ashamed.

Any company that thought they would/could compete with them would be silly not to pay to play in this award because it does get attention and advertising that is worth it...not to mention if they went through the data they received back because that would make their boat even better.

I know the Pierces go through the data with a fine tooth comb trying to identify areas where they can strive to be even better. I have had the previledge to see some of the charts and spreadsheets they have created to address what they might consider areas to improve in.

Some of you really need to get a life. I am happy you like your boat and its equipment but to belittle this award is shameful. And specifically marlin...your numbers are completely made up and not even close to reality. BCB could be bigger if they wanted but they know that to take care of the customers up to the standards they have set for themselves they are about where they would like to and need to be. Bigger isn't always better in this scenerio. wink

My 2 cents I won't post on this thread again...not worth my time or aggravation.

Re: BassCat wins 5th JD Power award... [Re: Judd] #3120194 02/15/09 01:44 PM
V
VanWho Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
V
Originally Posted By: Judd
You guys are right BCB pays JD Power to be the winners...so does Evinrude, Grady White, etc. If you think the Pierce family has the money to pay JD more than the other bigger companies y'all are nuts. Give me a freakin' break!

Yes, there is a fee to partake in the survey and it is very informative to the companies that get the data back from their owners.

I am a Merc fan but Evinrude won. I wouldn't dare indicate Evinrude won because they paid JD more than the other 2. As a whole I can honestly say this past year the Evinrude owners as a whole were happier with their purchase than the other 2. Gives something for Merc and Yamaha to shoot for.

What a joke some of these responses were...be happy there is a company out there who cares what their owners think of their boats, customer service, etc it drives competition and we the consumers benefit from that.

I for one know BCB fixed and have taken care of some things that even I think are crazy just because they want to "earn" this distiction. For some of you to get on here and belittle or even question the honesty of this award is simply jealousy at its finest and y'all should be ashamed.

Any company that thought they would/could compete with them would be silly not to pay to play in this award because it does get attention and advertising that is worth it...not to mention if they went through the data they received back because that would make their boat even better.

I know the Pierces go through the data with a fine tooth comb trying to identify areas where they can strive to be even better. I have had the previledge to see some of the charts and spreadsheets they have created to address what they might consider areas to improve in.

Some of you really need to get a life. I am happy you like your boat and its equipment but to belittle this award is shameful. And specifically marlin...your numbers are completely made up and not even close to reality. BCB could be bigger if they wanted but they know that to take care of the customers up to the standards they have set for themselves they are about where they would like to and need to be. Bigger isn't always better in this scenerio. wink

My 2 cents I won't post on this thread again...not worth my time or aggravation.

well said. don't sweat it judd, like i tell my wife all the time, people are stupid...and generally speaking are just waiting for an opportunity to prove it to you. re-read this thread for proof.

congrats to basscat. congrats to evinrude. congrats to all the other manufacturers for participating in a process to make both a better boat/motor, as well as a better post sale experience for the customer.

Re: BassCat wins 5th JD Power award... [Re: VanWho] #3120226 02/15/09 02:10 PM
txwhitetail Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Judd,

I dont or never have had a problem with BCB. I have fished out of several and have liked the ride and fishing, etc..I guess I hijacked the thread a little asking about the survey. I was just interested in it since I see it all the time on the magazines, etc.

Re: BassCat wins 5th JD Power award... [Re: txwhitetail] #3120366 02/15/09 03:14 PM
T
TSpencer Offline
Angler
Angler
T

If only they would loose that ugly 1976 lightning bolt they'd sell twice as many.

I and many others would love to own one but can't get around the 30 year old looks.

Re: BassCat wins 5th JD Power award... [Re: TSpencer] #3120498 02/15/09 03:52 PM
The Fishing Physicist Offline
YOLO
YOLO
A lot of sour grapes posts here.

Basscat makes a great boat, no doubt in my mind about that. The Pierces are old school in the way they do business, and I very much like that.

I'd LOVE to have an new Sabre FTD!

TFP

Above all else hold these two things in the greatest of circumspection; government and self.

YOLO=Schiefspiegler
Re: BassCat wins 5th JD Power award... [Re: The Fishing Physicist] #3120552 02/15/09 04:13 PM
C
Chad Hill Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
WOW! I have a BassCat as some of the others and love it. With that being said, I think everybody has the right to say what they want. I think their alot of great boats on the market and I also think that each boat has something I like, its just whatever you like the most or what you find a deal on.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide