Forums59
Topics1,041,852
Posts14,007,882
Members144,267
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Nov. 23 - Grapevine - 8.21 lbs [Re: Alec Cochran] #2865663 11/25/08 07:22 PM
B
BAMAboy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: BassinBoy
Mr. Dillard-

I am very sorry if I offended you in anyway. I was not at all trying to be disrepectful, and maybe it came across the wrong way. Nobody in my family fished before me, and I have never been to this lake before. I am proud of what I did, but I am in no way trying to be cocky or arrogant. I am sorry if it was taken this way. You did catch more than me this past Sunday. Congrats on your second place finish!

You have every right to be very proud of your accomplishment clap. I don't think anyone else thought what you said was in any way disrespectful, cocky, or arrogant noidea. You had a moment to be proud of and was good enough to share it with us. That's what this forum is for. I don't see where an apology was needed. There are alot of great folks here on the forum. Unfortunately there are some real jerks loco. Unfortunately the jerks are getting more numerious bang. Your comment about the pose I thought was just a plain fact. That's why I remarked earlier about the Roland Martin pose, just kidding you.
I think young people getting fired up about fishing is great so keep posting your positive results and don't pay attention the the jerks thumb.

http://www.johnnysguideservice.com/
I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is a disgrace, that two become a lawfirm, and that three or more become a congress. John Adams
Re: Nov. 23 - Grapevine - 8.21 lbs [Re: BAMAboy] #2865720 11/25/08 07:45 PM
Y
yamaha runner Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Y
Ya know, I fished the tournament and I was fairly impressed with the bag you weighed. Congrats on that. However, by the time I logged on to the forum, you had already managed to post under three different forum sections bragging about your accomplishments for the day with you picture of your fish everywhere. You posted under another section that "I" caught the big bass, yet it was a team tournament and there is no "I" in team. Unless I was seeing things, you were not the boater in the tournament. I guess the part that seems to bother me here is you have yet to even give your partner any props on here or even mention his name for that matter which makes it seem like you are leading people to believe that YOU were the one that caught the fish, YOU found the fish, "I" won second place and all this from the back of the boat? Other than that, your humbleness on a second place finish proceeds you sir. By the way, Jon Strong threw an over back that was touching 18" because he did not want to chance it and that would have put you in third.

Re: Nov. 23 - Grapevine - 8.21 lbs [Re: yamaha runner] #2865760 11/25/08 08:01 PM
J
Jimmie Moreland Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
Got to agree with everyone else here and B Dillard you owe Alec one h*** of an apology for your antics here. Your posts and actions are the epitome of cocky and your actions uncalled for.

Congrats to your partner for allowing you to fish with HIM and putting up with you all day.

682-232-6380

[Linked Image]
Re: Nov. 23 - Grapevine - 8.21 lbs [Re: yamaha runner] #2865761 11/25/08 08:02 PM
C
Cameron T. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Good Job BassinBoy, Mr. Dillard, I do not think he was being cocky at all. I know its hard to tell how a person is adressing things when you cant hear them or see their facial expressions, but mabey you could have sent that to him in a pm, cause now his post is hijacked.

Plus he beat 12 of the best 11-17 year old bass fisherman in the Northeast Texas region....thats something to be proud of, and he is only 14.

Re: Nov. 23 - Grapevine - 8.21 lbs [Re: Brandon Dillard] #2865763 11/25/08 08:02 PM
USA-1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: B Dillard Kick Bass

"In the sport of bass fishing always remember one thing...be humble even when you win...the moment you get cocky is the moment that you get your tail spanked by the guy you were cocky to."

"Just something to think about...and you won a junior tourney with 8.21...so now you can take shots at guys? This is what I was doing at your age and I didnt fish against juniors...I fished against the big boys...and WON!"

"But I was always humble."

"you just better hope that if I am ever in a tourney line behind you that they are alot bigger than that."

DUDE - Have you ever heard of practice what you preach? eerrr, I guess not. What about "walk the talk?" Nope, not that one either. Oh well, anybody ever call you arrogant?

Good luck bassinboy! Enjoy the moment man. I didnt have the opportunity when I was your age so enjoy your opportunity and learning experiences. Its okay to come on this forum and show us your catch. We all do it, be it in a tournament or not. And for gods sake, dont become a JERK like you know who over here. You get that picture of yourself and frame it! Add a whole bunch of these photos to your collection.

Karios Texas Prison Ministry
http://www.kairostexas.org/
Evil succeeds when good men stand by and do nothing...

Re: Nov. 23 - Grapevine - 8.21 lbs [Re: USA-1] #2865845 11/25/08 08:30 PM
G
gotteem Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
Catching a bass doesn't make you a man, winning a tourney doesn't either. But turning the other cheek does.....
If he was cocky, he would have joined our side of the debate and taken a few shots at you from the comfort of his own home on a keyboard. Instead, he apologized to you in the same public forum in which you tried to embarass him......probably because he was raised right, unlike yourself. This kid is more of a man than you are Dilldo. Welcome to manhood Alec.

Tough times don't last....tough people do !!!

Re: Nov. 23 - Grapevine - 8.21 lbs [Re: gotteem] #2865863 11/25/08 08:35 PM
Ghost4BH Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: gotteem
Catching a bass doesn't make you a man, winning a tourney doesn't either. But turning the other cheek does.....
If he was cocky, he would have joined our side of the debate and taken a few shots at you from the comfort of his own home on a keyboard. Instead, he apologized to you in the same public forum in which you tried to embarass him......probably because he was raised right, unlike yourself. This kid is more of a man than you are Dilldo. Welcome to manhood Alec.

Couldn't agree more!!

Re: Nov. 23 - Grapevine - 8.21 lbs [Re: BAMAboy] #2865869 11/25/08 08:37 PM
B
BAMAboy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: bamaboy
.....Unfortunately there are some real jerks loco. Unfortunately the jerks are getting more numerious bang.........I think young people getting fired up about fishing is great so keep posting your positive results and don't pay attention the the jerks thumb.

Like I said..........
Or you could run the streets at night, get screwed up on drugs, and start dateing the jerks on here's daughters. Maybe that would shut them up. It's a public fishing forum, post as many times as you want in as many sections as you want. If someone don't like it, they don't have to read it. Pretty simple.bannana2 bolt

http://www.johnnysguideservice.com/
I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is a disgrace, that two become a lawfirm, and that three or more become a congress. John Adams
Re: Nov. 23 - Grapevine - 8.21 lbs [Re: gotteem] #2865882 11/25/08 08:40 PM
USA-1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: gotteem

X 100!!!!

Karios Texas Prison Ministry
http://www.kairostexas.org/
Evil succeeds when good men stand by and do nothing...

Re: Nov. 23 - Grapevine - 8.21 lbs [Re: USA-1] #2865912 11/25/08 08:53 PM
A
Alec Cochran Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
A
Thanks for supporting me guys...

Good fishing-

Alec

Re: Nov. 23 - Grapevine - 8.21 lbs [Re: yamaha runner] #2865927 11/25/08 08:57 PM
K
Kenneth Anderson Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
Originally Posted By: yamaha runner
Ya know, I fished the tournament and I was fairly impressed with the bag you weighed. Congrats on that. However, by the time I logged on to the forum, you had already managed to post under three different forum sections bragging about your accomplishments for the day with you picture of your fish everywhere. You posted under another section that "I" caught the big bass, yet it was a team tournament and there is no "I" in team. Unless I was seeing things, you were not the boater in the tournament. I guess the part that seems to bother me here is you have yet to even give your partner any props on here or even mention his name for that matter which makes it seem like you are leading people to believe that YOU were the one that caught the fish, YOU found the fish, "I" won second place and all this from the back of the boat? Other than that, your humbleness on a second place finish proceeds you sir. By the way, Jon Strong threw an over back that was touching 18" because he did not want to chance it and that would have put you in third.

i agree , mr.donaldson knows how to find the fish on the vine. and you were lucky to be his partner. at one point in the summer he brought in over 20 pounds of fish for three or four tournaments in a row. i would say he is one of the best that fishes the vine. should be giving him some credit also.

Re: Nov. 23 - Grapevine - 8.21 lbs [Re: rockportag03] #2865995 11/25/08 09:22 PM
B
Brandon Dillard Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
My earlier post were in responce to a conversation that took place in a private message and was not shown on here. So alot of what I said and how I said it was taken out of context. I still stand behind what I said and am just entitled to my opinion as the next man...thats why it is called a forum. Dont send me messages asking questions and then turn around and take shots at me. I am in no way putting Bassin Boy down and congrats on your win but the extra comments were not needed. Thats all I was saying...period. I started fishing as a young kid myself and it was always my dream to become a pro...some of you "older guys" might remember me from about 10 years ago...I was the kid who pulled up to the tourney with a 14ft johnboat and 9 1/2 hp motor and watched these same guys laugh and crack jokes...as my dad would back me down the ramp...he would see in my eyes that it would bother me and he would just give me that wink and say "Go get em boy!". So I would fish with all the determination that a 15 year old boy could muster and more times then not I would win. The same guys that were laughing earlier would have there heads down as they walked away with there wife making fun of them because they got beat by some "kid". Bass fishing is a great sport and there are alot of good people involved in it...but it was the negative people that drove me away from the sport for more than 10 years. The guys who have been fishing these lakes forever and still never catch fish. The guys who stand in the shadows and call the winners cheaters behind there backs. And they are still very present today...as I look around this forum I see it all the time...there is always the one guy who has to say something negative. You all can look at my post I have made on here and besides what I said yesterday have never said a thing negative to anybody on here. I got guys who message me on here and ask for help and I gladly give it. But the thing that gets to me is the guys who hate on other people for no reason except jealousy. If you read a post or check out somebodys pics and dont have anything nice to say then move on. In response to what was said by a few guys...I dont fish "professionally"...I fish for fun...another dead give away that you dont REALLY know me nor have you EVER really met me. First of all I am not the bragging type and I dont talk to guys at tourneys that I don't know so you sir are the reason that fisherman have the rep of being liars. You sound like some guy that is jealous and mad because I took home some of your money! And just to prove my point if you REALLY met me...what tourney was it at and how did you do? And brag??? ABOUT WHAT? I dont even own a boat nor do I have top notch tackle...sponsors...or anything to brag about. Heck I just picked up a rod and reel for the first time in ten years at the end of this summer! Sorry that you take posting pics as bragging. But the STORY about you pulling your hat down over your eyes...get real! You are one of those guys I have been talking about. As for being a role model...and how I use my powers here is a messsage I received from a young angler who just did the junior day on the water and my reply.
Hi Mr. Dillard,

I obviously have seen your posts and you seem to have knack for big fish. Since im trying to learn as much as I can from different people, so I can be versitale. I was wandering if you ever werent to busy if youd like to hook up and we could go to one lake together.

If you dont have a boat or dont want to use your boat, we can use mine (i got the gas) so whenever you think you may want to have a 15 year old tag along, I think it would be awesome to fish with you. Thanks

I would love to get out with you sometime...I don't own a boat at this time because I fish with my partner in the Bass Champs circuit and the FLW BFL series as a co angler. You had an awesome day on the water and you should be very proud of yourself. I grew up just like you and started fishing tournaments at a very young age. I love this sport...its my life and I love to see young anglers like yourself keeping the sport alive. I am free on most weekends until Feb when the tournaments start back up again so give me a call and we will go whack em! Keep fishing and chasing your dreams...your on the right path.

Don't talk to me about being a role model...these kids look up to me and that makes me very proud. Like I said I was responding to a conversation that took place in a private message. So judge me how you want I don't really care...as I have gotten older I have realized that there are two kinds of people in this world...those who are successful...and those who hate on the successful. If you have been reading this and are still upset...then you know what category you fit into! And as for whipping my "ARSE" on land or water...you dont have to hope for an oppurtunity...I welcome either one! Like it or not I am back...and like me or not you still have to fish against me! I may win and I may lose but you will never catch me hating on the next man! I am obviously not directing this towards everybody...like I said there are alot of good guys involved in this sport. Thanks to those who always say something positive. I may have been wrong and I may have been right...but bottom line is that I am entitled to speak my mind just like the next man. Apology accepted Bassin Boy...good luck in the future...and maybe all of this taught you something. I sure learned alot.

Re: Nov. 23 - Grapevine - 8.21 lbs [Re: Cameron T.] #2866040 11/25/08 09:35 PM
B
Brandon Dillard Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
What I said was in responce to a private message...maybe I should of just sent him a private one back...instead I got the whole forum stirred up. I may have came across the wrong way too and for that I apologize to Alec. PUBLICLY. I just get tired of all the negative people on here. Don't let anybody tell you that your not good enough Cameron or Alec...keep fishing and dont let the haters drive you away like they did me. Yall are the future of this sport and yall can reach any goal you set for yourselves.

Re: Nov. 23 - Grapevine - 8.21 lbs [Re: Brandon Dillard] #2866048 11/25/08 09:40 PM
C
Cameron T. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Cool.

Re: Nov. 23 - Grapevine - 8.21 lbs [Re: Cameron T.] #2866087 11/25/08 09:55 PM
M
mitchell_usmc Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
wow...this is getting bad...a grown man having attitude w/ a kid. great job Alec, keep it up.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide