Forums59
Topics1,039,320
Posts13,962,822
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: "A Day On The Water" with Clint Wright....RESULTS...6/29 [Re: SMG] #2411791 06/30/08 12:06 PM
K
K.P Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Great job guys! Its a pleasure to read these. Thanks to both of you!

Re: "A Day On The Water" with Clint Wright....RESULTS...6/29 [Re: K.P] #2411821 06/30/08 12:17 PM
J
jboato Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Nice write up

Re: "A Day On The Water" with Clint Wright....RESULTS...6/29 [Re: jboato] #2412084 06/30/08 01:50 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
I told you...don't let him use a beaver! LOL!

Nice post!!!

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: "A Day On The Water" with Clint Wright....RESULTS...6/29 [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #2412175 06/30/08 02:21 PM
C
CapN Ron Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
DUDE! You are doing an amazing job on this series! Keep it up I see a great future for you!!! This blow my BassMaster magazine out of the water

Re: "A Day On The Water" with Clint Wright....RESULTS...6/29 [Re: CapN Ron] #2412319 06/30/08 03:03 PM
dallasdawg Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Great job.

[Linked Image]
Re: "A Day On The Water" with Clint Wright....RESULTS...6/29 [Re: dallasdawg] #2412689 06/30/08 04:40 PM
C
Clint Wr Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
My Day on the Water at Lake Ray Hubbard

I have to back up a month or so and tell you when I found out that I was going to be fishing Lake Ray Hubbard for Casey. Texas is full of great bass fisheries and I have fished most of them. When Casey asked me if I had ever fished R.Hubbard I answered not yet, only drove over it going into Dallas on I-30. I had never heard much about it other than it can be tough bass fishing, but great white bass / striper fishing. So now I am four weeks away from my trip and its time to start researching. Being a Guide on Lake Fork, I have lots of folks call me about tips, location, patterns etc. and I am always glad to help folks out, many here on the TFF can attest to that. So the first thing I thought of, I will just call all the Lake Ray Hubbard (Bass) Guides and Ill be good to go. That is when I quickly found out that there is not a single Bass fishing guide on this lake and the striper guides all said it for good reason, bass fishing is tough here. Ok, now I know that a challenge is ahead. So I called some clients and friends from that area, nothing. So all I had was Google earth and a 20 year old topographical map that my father had from years ago. I thought, it sure would be great if someone asked about the fishing on this lake just before my trip, as a post here on the TFF. My wish came true and two TFF members got on with that exact question within two weeks of my departure. Between the two posts there were over 30 replies telling these two anglers to drive by it, the fishing is terrible, no one ever catches anything there etc. This did not help any at all and really discouraged me. But, I took what little knowledge I could find and came up with a game plan, GPS on my console marked and everything.
So now I needed a place to stay in the area because I hate driving early. After placing a post about this I had four immediate PMs from other TFFers inviting me into their homes for the night. For this I am very thankful. I took up the invitation from a gentleman named Michael (Keeb). Upon arrival at his really nice home I started rigging up for the next morning. Michael and Gary were not allowed to give up much information but did tell me that they knew the lake very well and agreed that it is one of the toughest there is to figure out. Great, just what I needed to hear. After a little more fishing talk we called it a night as we had to get up early.
Waking at 3:00 am by thunder and lightning was not good, could not go back to sleep. Stayed awake the rest of the night and little after 5:00 am Keeb was up and at em. I followed him to the lake where we met Casey. My initial impression of Casey was that he was very professional and ready to start this journey. He started by giving me a little confidence, Dont worry, you will catch fish. He said this throughout the day.
As we idle out past the no wake bouys I realize my GPS is down, worked the day before. Everything I had saved for the day was not accessible, ouch! I am used to navigating a lake full of timber so I told him, I know you are not allowed to help me today, but please dont let me kill us running. He said no worries and off we went to my first spot. My game plan was to start out looking for a spot within a spot. Try to target small key areas that looked fishy and move on. This paid off quickly, caught a fish on one of my first five casts. Casey then said, It is not that easy out here. The rest of my day is very descriptive in Caseys article and as you read, not that easy out there!
I had to fish very hard in what I feel were very good looking areas to catch the few fish I did. As a matter of fact, I cannot remember when I have fished that hard on any body of water for only a few bites. But, I have to say that Hubbard is now one of my favorite lakes, maybe not for bass fishing, but the bikinisJust kidding! It really is a beautiful lake and really neat to fish. From the color of the water to the homes, marina, rip rap etc. it is just really neat. But, after spending eight hours on it, I know why there are zero bass fishing guides on it. With as much money in that area, a Guide could make a killing, too.
I sure did enjoy spending the day with Casey. I pray that his articles go far and succeed beyond his dreams.
I am looking forward to the Day on the Water tournament at the end of the year. I hope it is on a lake that Casey feels a huge bite can be found, so I dont have to work that hard ever again.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide