catfish...the other white meat
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: no-scales] #2176818 04/16/08 01:59 AM
B
BAMAboy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
This threads like the energizer bunny, it goes on and on....and on........
stir

http://www.johnnysguideservice.com/
I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is a disgrace, that two become a lawfirm, and that three or more become a congress. John Adams
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: BAMAboy] #2176887 04/16/08 02:55 AM
M
mark alexander Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
DK does work for channels......but at the splash last year it did not work for me so i bought some big marvs and wore them out!!!!

2008 Central Texas Catfish Classic Champions
Get your Hands Slimey
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: mark alexander] #2176976 04/16/08 07:46 AM
S
Stumpjumper14 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
I opened my jar and almost threw up! Do you think this is a good or bad bottle?

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: Stumpjumper14] #2177133 04/16/08 10:01 AM
N
no-scales Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
N
it is a good sign if you almost throw up....just taste a little and you will know for sure if it is good

Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: no-scales] #2177255 04/16/08 10:50 AM
H
heycods Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
ya gota put it on a cracker and try it for the acid test!

Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: deep fried] #2237280 05/06/08 12:55 AM
F
FuturePharmD Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
Originally Posted By: deep fried
Didn't say he couldn't just said it was a strange post when he is the prez of something DK's Sponsers.

Holy [censored] Batman! WTF? Talk about a "strange post"!!!! Is this even English? Haha. To make matters worse, it says you took time to "edit" the post. If this is what you decided was correct after your "edit", then I wonder how you effectively communicate with others in everyday conversation?

Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: opus] #2237653 05/06/08 09:35 AM
R
Ranger Rick Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Sadly.... Ive been dissapointed. A while back I bragged about it on another thread and ordered 4 gallons from the web and low and behold it was the new fomula which to me is very frustrating as I used nothing but for last 3 years and slaughtered the catfish in the 12"-24" range with it while slip corking around rip rap ,brush and even rocky sandy shallows. I hadnt caught a single catfish with the new stuff and as such after about a half dozen trips,went back to using shad and good ole Canadian Night crawlers("good day eay"!). I went and bartered the remaining 3 gallons of the DK to the local Baitshop and took about a %40 loss in $$$ on the 4 gallon purchse and shipping.
I took the remaining opened one and cut up some shad and stirred it in and have left it to sour as chum!(I use Blood formula having only tried the original in a single pint, I thoguht the blood was a bit quicker and hooter on the bite and action myself but you cant really have all things equal unless you fishem both on the same day and I never had.

I have tried another fellows stuff thats trying to get into the game and have yet to have any succes with it. Seems anyone with garlic and lard thinks they are catbait gurus!
Well heck we can all buy velveta and lard ect...

Would like to try the Sureshot but I understand its 5 gallons minimum?
Im a bit cautious to buy any thing over a couple quarts at a time right now till its proven itself.
Maybe DK will get back to where it was....For me it was the best bait I ever had used at one time and now I cant even think of a good use for it!

Last edited by Ranger Rick; 05/06/08 03:11 PM. Reason: Cause my fat fungers cant spell or hit the keys right :blush:

Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: FuturePharmD] #2237705 05/06/08 10:03 AM
D
deep fried Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted By: FuturePharmD
Originally Posted By: deep fried
Didn't say he couldn't just said it was a strange post when he is the prez of something DK's Sponsers.

Holy [censored] Batman! WTF? Talk about a "strange post"!!!! Is this even English? Haha. To make matters worse, it says you took time to "edit" the post. If this is what you decided was correct after your "edit", then I wonder how you effectively communicate with others in everyday conversation?

Just what are you trying to effectively communicate??

Never Ever own a Campground!!!
Midwaylanding.com
Boat Props
Catfish Stuff
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: deep fried] #2238180 05/06/08 12:10 PM
N
no-scales Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
N
danny king does not own the company anymore but is still good bait!!!!!!!!!! yes, there are a few bad batches out there but mistakes do happen , and danny has personally fixed them. i fished the manufactured bait tournament last weekendand and won 5th place with danny kings garlic flavor. it is still a good bait.out of the top ten places i would say seven of them were with danny kings and lewis kings.........

Last edited by no-scales; 05/06/08 12:14 PM.

Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: no-scales] #2238329 05/06/08 12:39 PM
B
Bro.Nathan K Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Wow i must say i have really seen some ripping here on this topic, and really where do you begin. Ok lets start here i,ve grown up using this bait my whole life and i can remember alot of good times of fishing with this bait and bad, thats fishing right guys? Lets state the facts here because i know from the top. Fact 1. There was a batch that was subpar. Fact 2.It has been corrected. Danny King did go and personally straighten it out, so rest assured that it has been corrected. Fact 3. I still dont have problems catching fish with the bait i had some of it and no matter where i go fishing i still catch fish unless i just cant find them, now i have never been a shad fisherman and i dont do real well fishing with it because its not the bait i learned to fish with growing up, punch bait was so with that said it doesnt matter what has been done with it i know i can go out on any given day and catch fish with it,,, why because thats what i know how to do, give me some shad well i can say its probably going to get ugly out there for me lol, so you have to take that into consideration folks, now there is good days and bad days fishing we all know that but as far as the bait well all i can say is im not having any problems catching fish with it.

Challenges have a purpose. I believe they are tools God uses to grow us into the image of His Son. The way we handle the challenges we face determines our character. Challenges give us the opportunity to show others who is in control of our lives...to make Jesus Christ known to others. Edwina Patterson
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: Bro.Nathan K] #2238438 05/06/08 01:02 PM
M
mabc Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Ranger Rick-Would like to try the Sureshot but I understand its 5 gallons minimum?

You can get Sureshot by the gallon. Its like 27.00 dollars including the shipping.

Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: no-scales] #2238555 05/06/08 01:21 PM
B
Brother Terry Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted By: no-scales
danny king does not own the company anymore but is still good bait!!!!!!!!!! yes, there are a few bad batches out there but mistakes do happen , and danny has personally fixed them. i fished the manufactured bait tournament last weekendand and won 5th place with danny kings garlic flavor. it is still a good bait.out of the top ten places i would say seven of them were with danny kings and lewis kings.........

DK's did do well in the tourney and I did use it some during the tourney......I caught most of my fish on Lewis King's Select and I did use the Dead Red blood spray......
The bait was fixed by Danny Himself ..I stayed with his brother and nephew at the tourney and they comfirmed he did...Danny is proud of the bait and wants it to be the bait that he developed.....I believe some people find it easier to blame the bait than to say they had a bad day fishing......I have caught fish with every batch of Danny kings that I have ever recieved......we all no that it was changed...and not the bait we were used to fishing with but it still caugtht fish and now Danny has gone back to the plant and helped them try and get it back to the bait we all loved to fish with.....
P.S. hi kingcatfisherman....

2010 C.T.C Classic Champion
Furture E.M. Blue Cat Record Holder

Creators Guide Service 940-577-1238
www.txcatfishguide.com
www.proanglertackle.com
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: Brother Terry] #2238626 05/06/08 01:38 PM
M
mark alexander Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
good post nathan, but everyone is entitled to their opinion....you know that I have never done well with the DK, but some people do......so I will say "To Each His Own"

2008 Central Texas Catfish Classic Champions
Get your Hands Slimey
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: mark alexander] #2238823 05/06/08 02:16 PM
G
go-redfin-go Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
I agree it is over-rated.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide