Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: deep fried] #2173828 04/15/08 11:34 AM
B
BradleyRay Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Does it matter how long ago danny sold the busniess? NO. Once again mark wasn't attacking danny king the person. He was saying that since it was sold it has gone to [censored], and that's a fact or like mark said this thread wouldn't even be here. The new owner is who has messed it up, and that's all i'll say about that. Could say more but won't for this is not the place. You're selling that bait b/c the name associated with it. You take Dannys name off of that container and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be selling as much of it. JMO.

North Texas Trophy Cats

Extreme Hook Setter!
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: BradleyRay] #2173948 04/15/08 12:22 PM
M
mark alexander Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
been in your store several yimes a year. look danny is a good guy, you know that the bait changed, and people have their opinions. Brent1 having DK's as a sponser is just part of the DK's looking for a place to advertise. Don't know if they give money or just those real small jars of bait (have several now from tourneys)we all know it is the way things work. Richard took over and the bait went south, hopefully Danny jumped started it again. Good Luck with the store and campground, and boat ramp area.....will be thru there soon

2008 Central Texas Catfish Classic Champions
Get your Hands Slimey
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: mark alexander] #2174018 04/15/08 12:52 PM
M
Michial Thompson Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
You know I read all these posts about DK, Charlies and all the others, and I have tried both DK and Charlies and have never caught a single fish on any form of bloor or dough bait.

Recently I run 18 jugs each w/ 2 hooks. One hook with Chicken Gizzards and 1 hook w/ DK. Caught 5 fish, all on the gizzards. All the DK hooks remained feshless.

I've done the same thing w/ Charlies and had same results, no fish on Charlies but fish on Chicken Livers with that test.

Now if ONLY I could catch some shad to run the same comparison.

Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: deep fried] #2174023 04/15/08 12:54 PM
M
Michial Thompson Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted By: deep fried
Didn't say he couldn't just said it was a strange post when he is the prez of something DK's Sponsers. Now if DK's is not living up to their end of the sponsership then Flame Away.

I don't care who sponsors me, if their stuff doesn't work why would I stake my personal reputation by claiming that it does.

I admire the honesty

Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: Michial Thompson] #2175513 04/15/08 07:30 PM
Jimbo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
It's not surprizing that you didn't catch any fish on the jug line baited with DK punchbait.

Punch bait would have to be classified as a finesse (Spl) bait if you want to be technical about it, to be fished hand holding a rod and reel, and it is definately not a bait that you would want to use on a jug line.

It takes a certain feel to successfully fish a punch bait where the fish mouth the bait and if you aren't sure on what you are supposed to feel or have too much slack in the line or using a not so sensitive rod, you will likely not notice the bite and just reel in an empty hook.

It takes a while to develope the feel for fishing a punch bait.

I'm sure there are many who will varify what I just wrote, and have been successful using punch bait, which isn't for everyone.

That said you have to fish it right, fish where the fish are, and use a bait that you are confident will work before you ever bait the hook with it.

If I find that it smells and looks like the old DK, I will definately buy it and use it again, but the jury is still out for now!

Last edited by Jimbo; 04/15/08 07:34 PM.

Just one more cast!

Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: Jimbo] #2175533 04/15/08 07:34 PM
X
xgenex Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
X
I have used a lot of different baits, but I would have to say that Danny Kings punch bait is the best punch bait on the market. It has always out preformed any other manufactored bait the I have tried.

Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: xgenex] #2175627 04/15/08 07:59 PM
B
BradleyRay Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted By: xgenex
I have used a lot of different baits, but I would have to say that Danny Kings punch bait is the best punch bait on the market. It has always out preformed any other manufactored bait the I have tried.

Do you use danny kings or shad while fishing your tournaments? Has any of your tournament winners won using danny kings, or any manufactured bait for that matter? Just curious, i still say shad outfishes any punchbait 10-1 any day of the week, or at least that's been my personal experience.

North Texas Trophy Cats

Extreme Hook Setter!
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: BradleyRay] #2175714 04/15/08 08:27 PM
D
deep fried Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted By: BradleyRay
You're selling that bait b/c the name associated with it. You take Dannys name off of that container and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be selling as much of it. JMO.

I'm selling the bait because of it's track record of catching fish. The buyers from out of state had no clue who Danny was when I started selling it. I can or would only sell it if we get repeat buyers. We continue to get repeat buyers and most of our new costomers are reffered by friends who use it.
I don't like Dodge trucks because a few years back windshields cracked and they rattled after only a few miles.
If they wanted to sponser me back then I might of at least said they had a nice radio.

Never Ever own a Campground!!!
Midwaylanding.com
Boat Props
Catfish Stuff
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: deep fried] #2175872 04/15/08 09:11 PM
J
j.steve Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
I get mine from Midway Landing simply because it is the closest place that sells gallons. I am in Hill county. As far as catching them on juglines. I do it almost exclusively with juglines. I catch about 75% blues over channels in shallow water(real shallow) in the summer. You MUST use VERY SHARP trebles. I use Eagle Claws but I also sharpen them by hand to where I can lightly touch my thumbnail and they will stick and stand up. I only use 1 hook per line and I float them also. Covers lots of water. This is just the way it has worked out for me. Most of the time I set them out about 2 boatlengths apart and put out 20. Most of the time, in a certain cove, by the time all are set out, the first few are already bobbin. I also catch more on the original than the blood. Call this an ad if ya want to albert, I really couldn't give a rats arse. All I know is the stuff works for me on Whitney. wink

2 Thessalonians 1:6-10
In these verses, there are dire consequences for NOT obeying the gospel. What the world claims as "saved" isn't gonna cut it! Learn what it is, in an eye opening true story, "Muscle and a Shovel", by Michael Shank.
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: j.steve] #2175984 04/15/08 09:53 PM
R
rickt300 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Well he's right about punch baits being a finess type of fishing. I will say there are certainly times when good punch bait outfishes cut shad and it sometimes happens the other way around too. I know because I fish both usually.

Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: rickt300] #2176001 04/15/08 10:01 PM
R
Red White and Blue Guide Svc Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
so, can anyone confirm, is the old tried and true recipe back on the shelves or what?

Scott Birnel
Red White and Blue Guide Service
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: j.steve] #2176002 04/15/08 10:01 PM
A
albertking Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
A
Originally Posted By: j.steve
I really couldn't give a rats arse. All I know is the stuff works for me on Whitney. wink

i am relieved ... never used it before & i don't hesitate passin' info on if sumpin works ... what is the big deal anyway about me callin' this thread an advertisement?

BTW steve is that really all you know?

somehow i betcha this lil thread goes much deeper than who likes DK & who doesn't ... to many folks ready to bust into flames over nuttin'

regards albertking

catfishing is now an industry ... it's best for the industry to eat baby catfish
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: albertking] #2176118 04/15/08 10:46 PM
X
xgenex Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
X
I use both shad and Danny Kings punch bait when fishing a tournament. You never know what is going to work better that day. I was just saying that Danny Kings punch bait is the best bait that I have come across. It's all personal preferance. You may think something works better for you which is great. It's just the one I like to use. I was just stating my opinion, I was not telling you to use it or anyone else to use it.

Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: xgenex] #2176409 04/16/08 12:04 AM
A
albertking Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
A
ain't this fun!!! fish

regards albertking

catfishing is now an industry ... it's best for the industry to eat baby catfish
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: albertking] #2176761 04/16/08 01:24 AM
O
opus Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
O
Just my $.02 weenies work better for blues for me But the three DKs I spent my hard earned money on has no smell at all looks like lard and cotton with some red dye not BLOOD

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide