Forums59
Topics1,046,422
Posts14,089,370
Members144,365
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15135099 07/20/24 02:12 AM
J
jlsbassman Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
J
Originally Posted by reeltexan

I walk two miles, five days a week.
I ride a Spinner bike with the tension cranked up for 30-40 minutes a day, good cardio, sweats, etc.,

Need something to get this belly down some more.

What do you recommend?

I can confirm that 12 oz. bi cep curls does not work. Been trying these for about ten yrs and up 4 sizes will confirm they don’t work.

Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15136323 07/21/24 01:36 PM
reeltexan Online Happy OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
TFF Celebrity

Yep. I have a buddy that told me once.."nothing puts the weight on ya like beer."
I think he was right.

My aunt and uncle always claimed it was the "three Bs" - - Budweiser, Blue Bell and bread

"..The pleasantist angling is to see the fish
Cut with her golden oars the silver stream,
And greedily devour the treacherous bait.
Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15140633 07/25/24 02:19 AM
U
UGLYSHCTICK Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U
Originally Posted by reeltexan

Yep. I have a buddy that told me once.."nothing puts the weight on ya like beer."
I think he was right.

My aunt and uncle always claimed it was the "three Bs" - - Budweiser, Blue Bell and bread

if you quit all three you may not live longer but it sure in the heck will feel like it.

Just want to make folks smile, and spit coffee on their keyboard.

If you put beans in your chili, you don't know beans about chili.

God doesn't create temporary people, you will spend eternity somewhere. Choose wisely.
Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15143793 07/28/24 06:46 PM
G
Grasshopperglock Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
G
Figured out why I'm fat. Women.

Being a bachelor. Two meals a day and somehow I'm only eating 750-1000 calories a day. I've dropped 10 pounds this month alone.

I'm not starving either. Everything is fresh food. Home cooked.

Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15144321 07/29/24 01:14 PM
wsimpson Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Journalize (daily) your calorie intake/burn and measure (weekly in centimeters) your: shoulders, chest, belly (across your belly button), waist, and hips. Weigh in daily - same time every day. This approach will keep you accountable. Another goal is to establish your daily net calories baseline so you can tune for a calorie deficit of no more than 500 calories per day - loss of one pound per week.

A calorie is merely a unit of measurement. I’m of the opinion that a calorie is a calorie - no such thing as good or bad. E.g. Presuming you are healthy with a daily baseline of 2K for being moderately active in your stature, add 500 for your exercise would put you at 2,500 meaning your daily consumption target is 2K. Eat whatever you want but be mindful of the unintended consequences of lack of fiber, too much salt, sugar, etc. Avoid fad diets and the medicinal approach. Don’t drink your calories.

Your body will acclimate (plateau) to your regimen so it is important to mix up your exercise - instead of spinning, attack the treadmill. Add weights, etc.

It takes discipline and time.

Good luck…

Last edited by wsimpson; 07/30/24 09:52 AM.
Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15144407 07/29/24 02:35 PM
reeltexan Online Happy OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
TFF Celebrity

thanks

"..The pleasantist angling is to see the fish
Cut with her golden oars the silver stream,
And greedily devour the treacherous bait.
Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15151887 08/05/24 05:50 PM
G
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
G
Stopping beer. Mostly protein for food. Two meals a day. Still at 1000-1500 calories per day.

I've lost 13# in 5 weeks. A healthy 2.6 pounds a week. Even my wrist watch fits looser. The biggest plus. My knees feel better. I have about 30 pounds to go before I reach my ideal weight. So by Halloween, I'm going to need to buy more clothes.

I'm not getting too deep into alcohol withdrawal. But I can say, it's not that bad at all. I had a week of being angry. Cravings are gone after three weeks. I still drink but now, two pints of beer will light me up. Found that out when a friend came over to hang out.

BTW, Bud ICE, 16oz. 150 carb calories each. 900 for a six pack. 6300 calories a week. 27,000 a month.

Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15153108 08/06/24 08:25 PM
BlueNitro Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Try this.

LiftSaver Trolling Motor Mounting Bracket - Patent Pending and LiftSaver Transducer Pole Mount
www.liftsavertmmount.com
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Works with MG Xi5, Xi3 and MK Terrova, Ulterra, PD V2 and Riptides as well.

Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15153139 08/06/24 08:50 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
You can target muscles to exercise and you can diet to loose body fat but you cannot target fat in a specific on your body to burn. Jut doesn't work that way.

Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: tmd11111] #15154024 08/07/24 05:46 PM
H2O Seeker Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by tmd11111
You can target muscles to exercise and you can diet to loose body fat but you cannot target fat in a specific on your body to burn. Jut doesn't work that way.

It still cracks me up there are still people on social media and elsewhere trying to "sell" the notion of spot loss for fat.

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: tmd11111] #15155039 08/08/24 04:00 PM
Mark Perry Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Originally Posted by tmd11111

Yep. So much misinformation on social media regarding weight loss and fitness. It frustrated ne enough that I just went and took a personal trainer course myself along with some otger courses to better learn how to do things to benefit myself rather than listen to hacks and bro science.

The truths I learned from that experience.

1. A calorie might just be a calorie but there is such a thing as quality calorie that will fuel you better, help you feel more satiated and will be better overall for your health.

2. You cannot lose weight without a calorie deficit. Cannot be done. It's impossible. Whether through diet or physical activity you have to create a calorie deficit consistently to lose weight. How you do it and how big a deficit you create is totally up to you.

3. Intermittent fasting alone does not cause you loose weight. IF is not a free pass to eat what you want or as much as you want during your eating windows. If anyone tells you that nonsense then stop listening. You still have to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight with IF. It's not a magic weight loss bullet on its own. IF has so many other great benefits as well such as reduced inflammation, increased mental focus, reduces snacking and cravings and controls appetite. I love IF and pretty well do it daily.

4. Stop focusing on the scale. Focus on the process. Stay consistent. The results are going to come. Weigh yourself every 10-14 days at the same exact time of day on the same set of scales. Don't obssess over it. You want 1-2lbs per week. For most people anything beyond that is not realistic to maintain and for those that do extreme calorie deficits etc the weight and tgen some comes flying back on because what they did to get there was not sustainable. That is tge key. You want sustainability.

5. Cheat meals and cheat days are the devil and lead to eating disorders. You didn't get fat because you ate sugar, ate bread or drank beer. You got fat because you ate and drank too many of those things.. You can still have those things just have them in moderation. When it comes to cheat meals and cheat days tgey can undo a week of hard work Say you are creating a 500 calorie deficit daily so you end up at 3000 calories deficit for the week. Saturday rolls around and you decide you want a cheat meal. Off to the pizza joint for a large combo and a pitcher of beer. There goes that 3000 calorie deficit and that week of work. Why create a reward system based on food when food got you in the trouble you are intoday? Makes no sense. Be sensible. If you want a slice of pizza for supper tgen have a slice of pizza. Fitin what you want to your normal intake. Same with going to dinner with your wife or having a holiday meal. Go and enjoy yourself. Enjoy the time with family. Doesn't mean you have to eat a salad but also doesn't mean yiu have to gorge yourself either. Be smart, workout a little extra the day before, maybe the morning of and the day after. Be proactive and keep moving forward. It's just common sense but the terms cheat meal and cheat day need to go away..

6. Stop with the goal weight stuff. If you think all your issues are gonna be solved when you hit a magic weight then prepare to get fat again. You better realize that you are in a fight that will last a lifetime. You will have to continue some type of activity and continued good food choices to maintain where you are at. You can ease up on the intensity etc but have no doubts that you better not just sit back and think it's all solved now.
It takes lifestyle changes and hard work to get healthy. It's gonna suck at times. There are no hacks or quick fixes. Those folks taking Ozempic and such are probably gonna be fat again within a year because they didn't addrsss what got them there.

Hang in there, learn to embrace the journey and know that you are gonna fail. That's OK. Just fail for that day. Don't fail two days in a row. Get up and keep going. You can do it.

Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15155496 08/08/24 09:28 PM
G
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
G
~60 days, 18 pounds lost. Still ticking away 2-3 pounds a week.

My grocery bill this month is $138. My fridge and freezer are stocked. Chicken, pork, and beef. Lots of vegetables, potatoes, and onion. Cheese. Plenty of fruit juice. Bag of apples. Three gallons milk.

Breakfast is two eggs and two to three, 1/2" thick, ground sausage. Dinner is a chicken thigh, bowl of vegetables. Or a pork chop, or ground beef. I do buy some steak from ALDI. But the bulk shopping is at a green Wal-Mart.

My knees feel so much better and those shirts I wore before getting fat by 50 pounds. I pulled them out today. I need to iron them.

Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: Grasshopperglock] #15155670 08/09/24 12:24 AM
Mark Perry Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Grasshopperglock

My grocery bill this month is $138. My fridge and freezer are stocked. Chicken, pork, and beef. Lots of vegetables, potatoes, and onion. Cheese. Plenty of fruit juice. Bag of apples. Three gallons milk.

Breakfast is two eggs and two to three, 1/2" thick, ground sausage. Dinner is a chicken thigh, bowl of vegetables. Or a pork chop, or ground beef. I do buy some steak from ALDI. But the bulk shopping is at a green Wal-Mart.

My knees feel so much better and those shirts I wore before getting fat by 50 pounds. I pulled them out today. I need to iron them.

Pay attention to the fruit juice you choose. A lot of it is loaded with refined sugars. Some of it is as bad for you as drinking sodas.

Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: Mark Perry] #15155715 08/09/24 01:01 AM
H2O Seeker Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Pay attention to the fruit juice you choose. A lot of it is loaded with refined sugars. Some of it is as bad for you as drinking sodas.

Not to mention they are high calorie.

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: H2O Seeker] #15155721 08/09/24 01:07 AM
G
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
G
Originally Posted by H2O Seeker
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Not to mention they are high calorie.

It's a side effect of quitting beer. Not only did I have to withdrawal from alcohol. I have to withdraw from the amount of sugar they had. It's a twofer'.

I have sugar cravings during the times of day I drank. I usually drink juice with food. But I do enjoy a glass full of purple grape juice. With ice.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide