Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? #15119364 07/04/24 05:35 PM
reeltexan Online Happy OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
TFF Celebrity

I walk two miles, five days a week.
I ride a Spinner bike with the tension cranked up for 30-40 minutes a day, good cardio, sweats, etc.,

Need something to get this belly down some more.

What do you recommend?

"..The pleasantist angling is to see the fish
Cut with her golden oars the silver stream,
And greedily devour the treacherous bait.
Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15119390 07/04/24 06:03 PM
L
LoneStarSon Online Content
Private Dancer
Online Content
Private Dancer
L
Belly fat can't be targeted by exercise. Food will help more than anything...avocadoes, blueberries, etc. are good to help reduce visceral fat. If you drink alcohol, it could be that...could also be a lack of water and/or fiber in your diet. Most people do not/cannot properly evacuate their bowels daily. Yeah, they poop, but they don't get it all out and it just seems to pile up. I've lost 28 inches off my waist the last 2.5 years, so I don't really know what I'm talking about, just know what's worked for me.

Now, targeting your ab muscles doing burpees and crunches can help you more effectively empty your bowels, though...seriously.

Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15119393 07/04/24 06:08 PM
G
Grasshopperglock Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
G
Fasting will help. Diet of protein. Constantly drink water.

Go swimming. Swimming targets every muscle.

Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15119568 07/04/24 09:06 PM
C
COFF Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
If you are older than 22, there is no amount of exercise that can overcome a poor diet.

[Linked Image]
Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: COFF] #15119569 07/04/24 09:08 PM
L
Private Dancer
Online Content
Private Dancer
L
Originally Posted by COFF
If you are older than 22, there is no amount of exercise that can overcome a poor diet.

There are people that age on My 600 pound life. You ain't gonna overcome a poor diet or overeating by exercise alone, unless you're an elite athlete...or a genetic freak which is pretty much the same thing.

Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15119739 07/05/24 12:17 AM
H2O Seeker Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by reeltexan

I walk two miles, five days a week.
I ride a Spinner bike with the tension cranked up for 30-40 minutes a day, good cardio, sweats, etc.,

Need something to get this belly down some more.

What do you recommend?

How long have you been doing these activities?
How many pant sizes have you lost since you began your journey?

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15121394 07/06/24 09:55 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
TFF Celebrity

I am 68 years old.
I used to jog but had feet issues years ago and switched to walking.
Which I've done for years. Many years. Five or six days a week
Two months ago, I added the Spinner resistance bike. I use moderate resistance to get the heart going and I ride 30-40 minutes, five or six days a week.

I am 6 feet 2 inches tall.
I started at 285 lbs. last Christmas, so seven months.
I've lost 30 lbs. I'm stuck at 255.

My shirt size has gone down one size from XXL to XL, pants from 42 to 40. Belts are longer these days, lol.

Diet is basic low carb. Meats - beef, chicken, pork, fish and lamb, eggs, fresh vegetables - squash, beans, avocados, onions, cauliflower, okra, salads, berries, cantaloupes, nuts, cheeses. one small apple a day, an occasional low carb tortilla or slice of low or no carb "bread". I eat some "keto" snacks but not much.

cocktails - couple times a week. A shot of Tequila with soda with a lime twist. Three or four. No beer, no regular soft drinks ever.

Light breakfast, sugar free yogurt and fruit or bacon and eggs, etc.
Main meal is at about 2 p.m. Grilled salmon, sauteed vegetables and salad, for example.
Only light snacks in the evening, cheese, sliced turkey or beef jerky, nuts, strawberries, keto snacks a little.

Sleep seven or eight hours.
I stay active every day, outdoor sports (clays and skeet), bass fishing, yard work - started using a push mower more then a rider, home chores etc.

That's pretty much it.
I've been stuck at 255 for six weeks.

Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15121406 07/06/24 10:05 PM
G
Grasshopperglock Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
G
I tried body building. A constant state of pain, recovery, and pain.

8 eggs for breakfast. A pound of ground beef for lunch. A chicken quarter or pork chop at dinner.

Whey protein shakes. Gallons of milk.

The key is the menu. The exact same thing, 7 days a week. With the workout happening Monday through Friday. Your body loves a menu.

Last edited by Grasshopperglock; 07/06/24 10:08 PM.
Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15121475 07/06/24 11:19 PM
L
Private Dancer
Online Content
Private Dancer
L

I am 68 years old.
I used to jog but had feet issues years ago and switched to walking.
Two months ago, I added the Spinner resistance bike. I use moderate resistance to get the heart going and I ride 30-40 minutes, five or six days a week.

I've lost 30 lbs. I'm stuck at 255.

My shirt size has gone down one size from XXL to XL, pants from 42 to 40. Belts are longer these days, lol.

Diet is basic low carb. Meats - beef, chicken, pork, fish and lamb, eggs, fresh vegetables - squash, beans, avocados, onions, cauliflower, okra, salads, berries, cantaloupes, nuts, cheeses. one small apple a day, an occasional low carb tortilla or slice of low or no carb "bread". I eat some "keto" snacks but not much.

cocktails - couple times a week. A shot of Tequila with soda with a lime twist. Three or four. No beer, no regular soft drinks ever.

Main meal is at about 2 p.m. Grilled salmon, sauteed vegetables and salad, for example.
Only light snacks in the evening, cheese, sliced turkey or beef jerky, nuts, strawberries, keto snacks a little.

I stay active every day, outdoor sports (clays and skeet), bass fishing, yard work - started using a push mower more then a rider, home chores etc.

That's pretty much it.

Dude I've been stuck at 234 for 5 months. Sometimes the plateaus last a while...I'm okay with it, but gets frustrating. Your body is fighting you...that's what it does. Sometimes shocking it will get things going. I've eaten apple pie before (one slice) and got up to 3400 calories one day in order to do it. Dang near puked I was so stuffed...but I did start losing again. For the last 2 months I've had to be careful with my exercise due to a severe head injury I sustained on May 8th. I get very dizzy if I look up or down for more than a few seconds. I usually swim in the summers, but can't this year because it's simply not safe. One or two days of just eating somethings a bit off your diet are okay, it's just important not to let it get out of hand. You may try intermittent fasting...or cutting down to 1200 calories. Portion size is also a big part of the equation.

Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15122451 07/08/24 01:24 AM
H2O Seeker Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

I am 68 years old.
I used to jog but had feet issues years ago and switched to walking. Good call. If I am running everybody else better be too because something bad is about to go down.
Two months ago, I added the Spinner resistance bike. I use moderate resistance to get the heart going and I ride 30-40 minutes, five or six days a week. Several factors you can play with. Your body will adapt quickly to the same regimen after about 2-3 weeks. Vary distance and time on your walks and alter the routes. Same with the spin bike. Rather than ride with the same resistance stand up and pedal with increased resistance for 10-15 seconds. Think pedaling uphill then back the resistance off and sit back down and pedal faster for 2-3 minutes. Lots of variables there at your disposable. Keeps it from being boring too.

I've lost 30 lbs. I'm stuck at 255. This is incredible progress and weight that will stay off. 2 - 2.5#/ week of loss is considered 'healthy'. Weight loss comes from 3 areas - muscle tissue, fat tissue, and water. Mitigating muscle loss after 50 is the trick. Protein helps but timing is more helpful. After you walk or have done a session on the bike eat a snack - 3:1 ratio of protein to carb. Chocolate milk is one of the easiest (and best) recovery drinks.

My shirt size has gone down one size from XXL to XL, pants from 42 to 40. Belts are longer these days, lol. Again this is a bigger measure than the scale weight. Inch loss = progress. Muscle does weigh more than fat so again as you lose down further inch loss becomes a greater marker.

cocktails - couple times a week. A shot of Tequila with soda with a lime twist. Three or four. No beer, no regular soft drinks ever. When I worked with dietitians I was surprised by how many calories are in alcohol. Cutting out 1 drink a week can pay big dividends. Hydration is key too as alcohol has a diuretic effect. Water is your friend. It can be tap, sparkling, flavored, or from a garden hose but the key is to drink it.

Only light snacks in the evening, cheese, sliced turkey or beef jerky, nuts, strawberries, keto snacks a little. I have been surprised the older I get how sensitive my system is to eating after 7-8 p.m. regardless of what time I go to bed. I try not to eat anything 2 hours before bed if possible. I always wake up hungry but it forces me to drink water 1st thing and eat protein of some form.

That's pretty much it.

Keep moving and fueling. You are doing great and probably feeling better than 30# ago!.

Last edited by H2O Seeker; 07/09/24 01:40 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15123333 07/08/24 11:57 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
TFF Celebrity

Thanks, Seeker.
I'll try some of that, and BTW, I'm a water addict. You see me, you'll see water somewhere near.

thanks again

Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15124058 07/09/24 08:39 PM
U
UGLYSHCTICK Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U
I couldn't get rid of my belly. I read vitamin D would help.... I was skeptical at first. but a few weeks later I did notice a significant difference. I take 2 of the soft gels each night. Also B and C . seems to have help all around also.

Just want to make folks smile, and spit coffee on their keyboard.

If you put beans in your chili, you don't know beans about chili.

God doesn't create temporary people, you will spend eternity somewhere. Choose wisely.
Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15127572 07/13/24 12:23 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
TFF Celebrity

Thanks for that tip, I’ll try it.

Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15130171 07/15/24 08:25 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
TFF Celebrity

Bought three new, smaller shirts today. What a great feeling.

Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Best Exercise to reduce belly fat? [Re: reeltexan] #15132964 07/18/24 11:28 AM
H2O Seeker Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Bought three new, smaller shirts today. What a great feeling.

What a great update! Congrats!

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide