grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by SC-001
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Meanwhile Falcon just released an 18' bass boat under $45,000 and people are still bitching that it's not this or that. To hear it told on here if a manufacturer did that very thing they would sell a ton of them. Hopefully those people put their money where their mouth is.

Maybe Randy blaukat will get one he said he’s back in a 18’ with 115hp and no “cheater box” on the front since he lost his boat deal…

You forgot to also call it spotlighting

Yeah he calls it both. I hadn’t heard “cheater box “ until last week and was thinking this dude is funny but he is one step away from living in a padded room…

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Where Is Bass Boat Market Headed? [Re: SC-001] #15111751 06/26/24 01:53 AM
W
wabash2015 Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
W
Originally Posted by SC-001
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Meanwhile Falcon just released an 18' bass boat under $45,000 and people are still bitching that it's not this or that. To hear it told on here if a manufacturer did that very thing they would sell a ton of them. Hopefully those people put their money where their mouth is.

Maybe Randy blaukat will get one he said he’s back in a 18’ with 115hp and no “cheater box” on the front since he lost his boat deal…

You forgot to also call it spotlighting

He also forgot to mention how it takes away the "magic and the mystery" of bass fishing. Apparently we're supposed to rely on our "natural instincts" to find and catch little green fish. Never mind the fact that humans are not innately born with the idea that we should catch fish using artificial lures made of plastics...

This is a little off topic, but WTF is this man talking about? Every single time he says that livescope takes away from the "magic and the mystery" of bass fishing, that is basically a dog whistle for the olds to get mad that the young people can find and catch bass without having to spend 30 years suffering through not catching anything.

Last edited by wabash2015; 06/26/24 01:54 AM.
Re: Where Is Bass Boat Market Headed? [Re: wabash2015] #15112116 06/26/24 02:39 PM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
I'm one of the olds but worked around technology for a large portion of my life. I can run FFS as good as the young guys more than likely, don't have it yet. If it weren't for having to be on these big open Texas lakes and having an HS team I'd probably be fishing out of a 17 foot tin rig. I've owned 5 bass boats in my lifetime and the one thing I've learned after owning them and a tin rig, the most important thing you can have on board your rig is STEALTH.
Most of you know I grew up in Louisiana and fished there way more than I do here mainly because where I grew up unless things were frozen solid or there was thunderstorms with lightning you could roll no matter what. The larger lakes there do get rough when the wind is up but you have the option of going to a bayou or river. Most fishermen there will be fishing out of a smaller tin rig because that is all they need and can afford. You'll see rigs like ours there too, but it's usually only the people that have the resources to own them, mainly entrepreneurs.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: Where Is Bass Boat Market Headed? [Re: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)] #15112596 06/27/24 12:01 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
I'm one of the olds but worked around technology for a large portion of my life. I can run FFS as good as the young guys more than likely, don't have it yet. If it weren't for having to be on these big open Texas lakes and having an HS team I'd probably be fishing out of a 17 foot tin rig. I've owned 5 bass boats in my lifetime and the one thing I've learned after owning them and a tin rig, the most important thing you can have on board your rig is STEALTH.
Most of you know I grew up in Louisiana and fished there way more than I do here mainly because where I grew up unless things were frozen solid or there was thunderstorms with lightning you could roll no matter what. The larger lakes there do get rough when the wind is up but you have the option of going to a bayou or river. Most fishermen there will be fishing out of a smaller tin rig because that is all they need and can afford. You'll see rigs like ours there too, but it's usually only the people that have the resources to own them, mainly entrepreneurs.

It’s not the technology, it’s your vision, balance, focus and being able to cast into a coffee cup at 60’. Don’t for a second think it is easy to use FFS on bass.

Re: Where Is Bass Boat Market Headed? [Re: wabash2015] #15112602 06/27/24 12:08 AM
K
ko bass attack 27 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K
Priced out the new BC Jaguar STS with a 450r it was $166,000 loaded. Was rated to run 92-95 mph depending on load. The Cougar FTD was $80,000 without power poles out the door.

Re: Where Is Bass Boat Market Headed? [Re: ko bass attack 27] #15112607 06/27/24 12:18 AM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by ko bass attack 27
Priced out the new BC Jaguar STS with a 450r it was $166,000 loaded. Was rated to run 92-95 mph depending on load. The Cougar FTD was $80,000 without power poles out the door.

So you cheaper out instead of opting it with the 500R

Re: Where Is Bass Boat Market Headed? [Re: wabash2015] #15112655 06/27/24 01:38 AM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by wabash2015
... Every single time he says that livescope takes away from the "magic and the mystery" of bass fishing, that is basically a dog whistle for the olds to get mad that the young people can find and catch bass without having to spend 30 years suffering through not catching anything.

I truly believe some guys that fish have a sixth sense... Just like some guys can count the stitches on a fastball... Some guys can look at an offensive formation and know the play... Yes it's time on the water, in the film room or whatever... But some guys are born hitters, fisherman or whatever sport they excel at... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Where Is Bass Boat Market Headed? [Re: Dan21XRS] #15112776 06/27/24 08:46 AM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
Originally Posted by wabash2015
... Every single time he says that livescope takes away from the "magic and the mystery" of bass fishing, that is basically a dog whistle for the olds to get mad that the young people can find and catch bass without having to spend 30 years suffering through not catching anything.

I truly believe some guys that fish have a sixth sense... Just like some guys can count the stitches on a fastball... Some guys can look at an offensive formation and know the play... Yes it's time on the water, in the film room or whatever... But some guys are born hitters, fisherman or whatever sport they excel at... Dan

Anyone good at livescope has a ton of time on the water.

Re: Where Is Bass Boat Market Headed? [Re: WAWI] #15112838 06/27/24 12:27 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by WAWI

I don't know if you will see a bunch in the circles you run in. Hell my 19 foot with a 200 is usually the baby of the bunch at take off. I would suspect the casual fisherman, entry level, high school dad would take a hard look at it. Or at least they should. That brand is kinda off radar for most people and their distribution network isn't big. Who sells them around here.

It was just funny to me because you get a ton of guys on threads saying how manufacturers have gotten away from the 18' bats and if a company made one tgen it would do very well. Then Falcon does it and 75% of the replies are bitching about the trolling motor, graph sizes, HP etc..... roflmao

Re: Where Is Bass Boat Market Headed? [Re: Mark Perry] #15112854 06/27/24 12:50 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

I don't know if you will see a bunch in the circles you run in. Hell my 19 foot with a 200 is usually the baby of the bunch at take off. I would suspect the casual fisherman, entry level, high school dad would take a hard look at it. Or at least they should. That brand is kinda off radar for most people and their distribution network isn't big. Who sells them around here.

It was just funny to me because you get a ton of guys on threads saying how manufacturers have gotten away from the 18' bats and if a company made one tgen it would do very well. Then Falcon does it and 75% of the replies are bitching about the trolling motor, graph sizes, HP etc..... roflmao

Don’t they all make an 18-1/2 foot boat?

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Where Is Bass Boat Market Headed? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #15112889 06/27/24 01:32 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Don’t they all make an 18-1/2 foot boat?

To hear some guys on posts they don't..... grin

I think they expect a 18' boat with a 200hp, 101 lb spot lock TM, dual Power Pokes, lithium batteries, Livescooe, 360 and three 12" graphs for $25,000

Re: Where Is Bass Boat Market Headed? [Re: Mark Perry] #15112962 06/27/24 02:36 PM
A
avid_basser Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
A

I think they expect a 18' boat with a 200hp, 101 lb spot lock TM, dual Power Pokes, lithium batteries, Livescooe, 360 and three 12" graphs for $25,000

Sign me up! My 2019 Ranger Z518 was well above $45K when I outfitted with what I wanted at the time. Looking back, I should have added 12" graphs and power poles. I would be very content now. Unfortunately, I let my friends talk me out of it as the lakes we fished at that time, didn't need it. Now I'm here in TX and really could use them.

Next year, I'll have poles / raptors. Mark my word.

Re: Where Is Bass Boat Market Headed? [Re: Mark Perry] #15112967 06/27/24 02:43 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W

Lol they are silly. And for what's it's worth when I bought my 19 foot boat I initially told them to swap the 80 ultrex for a big one and he talked me into trying the 80. I have had zero issues staying on a spot. It runs all day. I have had it in spot lock for 7 hours in big wind and never needed more. Some of these guys are not realistic about what they need. It's more about the boat show, some are just stuck in 1985 and anything is too much in their minds. What's really funny is the same guys that gripe will list their 15 year olds pos boats for 30k now lol.

Re: Where Is Bass Boat Market Headed? [Re: WAWI] #15113029 06/27/24 03:47 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

Lol they are silly. And for what's it's worth when I bought my 19 foot boat I initially told them to swap the 80 ultrex for a big one and he talked me into trying the 80. I have had zero issues staying on a spot. It runs all day. I have had it in spot lock for 7 hours in big wind and never needed more. Some of these guys are not realistic about what they need. It's more about the boat show, some are just stuck in 1985 and anything is too much in their minds. What's really funny is the same guys that gripe will list their 15 year olds pos boats for 30k now lol.

Yep.

Last year when I went to buy new batteries I decided on lithiums. I assumed I needed 3ea of 100ah trolling batteries and a 125ah starting battery as well as a lithium charger. The gentleman I ended up buying from convinced me to try 3ea of the 50ah trolling batteries and said my current charger would handle tge 4 lithiums fine. He could have uphold me easily but he was right. His recommendations have been perfect.
Sometimes bigger ain't better.

Re: Where Is Bass Boat Market Headed? [Re: wabash2015] #15113109 06/27/24 05:05 PM
C
ChanceHuiet Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
No new boat should come with an Edge. With the TM we have now at minimum a Maxxum should be entry level and Edge should go away.

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide