Forums59
Topics1,046,425
Posts14,089,451
Members144,365
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: BROWNING STRONG] #15118751 07/03/24 11:42 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by BROWNING STRONG
It is already outlawed in other states, and they are currently doing a study in Texas.

Where is it outlawed? I think you’re talking out of your rear.

Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #15118867 07/04/24 01:30 AM
C
CDS Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by CDS
To the person who suggested I have no experience with livescope, you would be wrong. My experience is what concerned me. We were scheduled to fish with a crappie guide. The afternoon of our trip a cold front blew in and dropped the temp down to the low to mid 40's. There was a 20 mph cold north wind blowing, and we all knew there was almost zero chance we would catch fish. We showed up and the guide had livescope. We went out to the protected side of a point in the lake to an underwater tree he liked to fish. He turned on livescope and each one of us took turns dropping a miinnow down to the fish. Of course the fish were not biting because of the pressure change from the cold front. We had to watch the screen and bounce the minnow on the nose of a single crappie until the fish got mad and ate the minnow to get it out of it's face. We ended up catching a 3 man limit that afternoon by taking turns pissing off fish via video screen; one fish at a time. To me that is not fishing. We were playing a video game. If we had not been using livescope we would not have caught a single fish that day. That was enough to convince me that livescope should be outlawed for obvious reasons.

So you are saying you don’t own one and have less than a few hours of time using one.

For crappie and using it in down view, I agree it is pretty easy to catch them. For other species, not even close! Forward view is the hardest to use…effectively. The the chances of putting the bait within a few feet of the fish gets higher with hours and hours of practice. It requires far for skill than having a guide bait your hook for you so you can drop it 8ft down into a wad of crappie till one eats the minnow. So…in the hands of someone that has put in a LOT of time to learn it, it can be a real advantage. To the average angler, it’s a distraction. I am on my second complete setup on the same boat. I am finally beginning to get good enough that I can tell a fishes species, approximate size, and distance and depth. This has take several years of use to get myself to this level. Even then, for bass fishing, it is definitely not the fish slaying device you experienced with your crappie guide. I’d venture to say that if you had not paid to be put in fish, and went out and bought a boat, lives scope setup, and went out fishing….you’d still be trying to catch that same limit with those conditions. Haha. The GUIDE made you feel like a hero. You’re not. Neither is Livescope.

Like posted above, the cone of information shown on the screen gets much wider and cluttered with distance. So much so, that the 2D image on the screen is a hindrance to the average angler. It seriously takes a lot of time to learn how to use the gear.

Do I think they should ban it? I honestly couldn’t care either way. I fish tournaments 99% of the time I fish. If I can’t have it, nobody else better have it. If I can have it, I will…and I’ll use it to the best of my ability to help me win. It’s part of the game now. The big debate is not the technology. The real issue most have with it is the advantage it gives and angler vs its costs. The secondary issue people have is it ISNT automatic, so the ones that bought the gear feel like they got [censored] because it didnt make them better anglers. Haha.

Ban Livescope. Just don’t ban Active Target. cheers

Finally a thought provoking reply. Thank you, sir.

I come from the water.
Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: CDS] #15119099 07/04/24 01:17 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
^^^^ you’re welcome. I love the gear, and I HATE THE GEAR….if that makes sense. ^^^^

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: grout-scout] #15119100 07/04/24 01:19 PM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by grout-scout
It is already outlawed in other states, and they are currently doing a study in Texas.

It’s NOT outlawed anywhere. It can’t be shipped to some countries FROM the US, but other countries can still get it and use it through other means.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: BROWNING STRONG] #15119222 07/04/24 03:04 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Did you make that up or read it on the internet. Either way you don’t know what you’re talking about

Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: BROWNING STRONG] #15119464 07/04/24 07:30 PM
RCarter Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

bang

WORK HARD.....FISH HARDER!

GOD is Great...BEER is Good...and PEOPLE are CrAZy
billy currington
Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: BROWNING STRONG] #15119942 07/05/24 10:54 AM
R
RoadRunnerTR21 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R

Can you share with us where you got these "facts"? I sure wouldn't want to violate the law in those states if I fished there. Furthermore, who in Texas is conducting this study that you claim is currently underway? I would like to contact them to verify that what you are saying is a fact and not a supposition on your part.

I'll wait for your response with baited breath. fish

[Linked Image] Light Blue 19 CPX
Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: Chris B] #15121886 07/07/24 02:33 PM
C
CDS Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted by Chris B
It's not like we are running out of fish.

Not yet. We are better off maintaining the numbers we have rather than decimating the population and then attempting to rebuild it. Modern fishing technology just about wiped out the whales before regulations and laws to could catch up, and they still havnt recovered. Intelligent people learn from their mistakes. Fools and the insane repeat past behaviors and expect a different result.

I come from the water.
Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: grout-scout] #15122866 07/08/24 03:47 PM
B
BROWNING STRONG Offline
Angler
Angler
B

Was told in person at Lake Athens by two Game Wardens who were doing a study for TPWD . I think you need to grow up and keep ignorant remarks to yourself.

Last edited by BROWNING STRONG; 07/08/24 03:49 PM.
Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: BROWNING STRONG] #15122879 07/08/24 03:57 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G

Was told in person at Lake Athens by two Game Wardens who were doing a study for TPWD . I think you need to grow up and keep ignorant remarks to yourself.

Definition of ignorant: “Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.”
Example of ignorance: Telling people that FFS is “outlawed in other states”, is ignorant, due to not knowing what you’re talking about.

Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: CDS] #15122949 07/08/24 04:47 PM
J
JWfish Offline
Angler
Angler
J
I don’t believe it should be allowed in tournaments. More and more the fishing industry is focusing on the elite fisherman. The average fisherman fishes without a $85,000 brand new boat, shirts and boats plastered with logos and a boat deck littered with 2 dozen high end rod and reels. Livescope pushes past the sonars the majority of the depth finders most of us have in our boats.

Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: BROWNING STRONG] #15123079 07/08/24 06:50 PM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

They misinformed you.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: grout-scout] #15124035 07/09/24 08:18 PM
B
BROWNING STRONG Offline
Angler
Angler
B

Definition of ignorant: “Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.”
Example of ignorance: Telling people that FFS is “outlawed in other states”, is ignorant, due to not knowing what you’re talking about.

Two gentlemen from TPWD told me in person . Do you only know how to talk out of your rear.

Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: BROWNING STRONG] #15124140 07/09/24 10:15 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G

Two gentlemen from TPWD told me in person . Do you only know how to talk out of your rear.

I’m going to go ahead and assume you’re over 60 and dense in the head. Two people at Fork probably told you that “some states are doing studies to see if it needs banned”. They did NOT tell you that it’s banned in several states. Now if you want to prove me wrong, I’d love for you to do some google searching and show me where it’s banned.

Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: grout-scout] #15124148 07/09/24 10:25 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

I’m going to go ahead and assume you’re over 60 and dense in the head. Two people at Fork probably told you that “some states are doing studies to see if it needs banned”. They did NOT tell you that it’s banned in several states. Now if you want to prove me wrong, I’d love for you to do some google searching and show me where it’s banned.

[Linked Image]

Frantically searching Google

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide