Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: CDS] #15112059 06/26/24 01:56 PM
T
Techfisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Yes it should be outlawed...along with stupid high priced bass boats, ridiculous priced pickups, over priced gated community 's with mcmansions, and brisket that is over $2.25 a pound...:)

You get a 17ft boat, no electronics and 4 rods and that's it...you can't catch anything with that setup you ain't no fisherman....just like in them thar olden days.

Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: Techfisher] #15112083 06/26/24 02:20 PM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted by Techfisher
Yes it should be outlawed...along with stupid high priced bass boats, ridiculous priced pickups, over priced gated community 's with mcmansions, and brisket that is over $2.25 a pound...:)

You get a 17ft boat, no electronics and 4 rods and that's it...you can't catch anything with that setup you ain't no fisherman....just like in them thar olden days.

thumb If I wasn't coaching an HS team that is probably what I'd be rolling in. I've owned one 17 foot tin rig and owned it the least amount of time of any boat I've ever owned and probably caught more fish out of it than all the others combined. I've owned 5 bass boats in my lifetime. I'm a firm believer the most important tool you need to have on board your boat is stealth.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: CDS] #15112302 06/26/24 05:30 PM
G
G Love Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
I'd love to hear the evidence that you have for more government interference, in terms of outlawing something.

If you don't have any, then that just means you want something outlawed because you don't like it.

Do you have pronouns?

roflmao

Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: CDS] #15112486 06/26/24 09:22 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
we cant stop the technology, we can only control it. who draws the limit of what we can use to catch fish ?
what if my live scope came equipped with a beam that once I find them with LS, I just point a zapping beam at the biggest fish and stun it up to the net,...why cant I use an old ring-up telephone to shock up fish,..?
or drag a big gill net behind my boat..? at some point the sport is taken out of the effort,...I guess I have to ask myself whats right..and what can be controlled ..??

Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: CDS] #15114847 06/29/24 03:25 PM
C
CDS Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
To the person who suggested I have no experience with livescope, you would be wrong. My experience is what concerned me. We were scheduled to fish with a crappie guide. The afternoon of our trip a cold front blew in and dropped the temp down to the low to mid 40's. There was a 20 mph cold north wind blowing, and we all knew there was almost zero chance we would catch fish. We showed up and the guide had livescope. We went out to the protected side of a point in the lake to an underwater tree he liked to fish. He turned on livescope and each one of us took turns dropping a miinnow down to the fish. Of course the fish were not biting because of the pressure change from the cold front. We had to watch the screen and bounce the minnow on the nose of a single crappie until the fish got mad and ate the minnow to get it out of it's face. We ended up catching a 3 man limit that afternoon by taking turns pissing off fish via video screen; one fish at a time. To me that is not fishing. We were playing a video game. If we had not been using livescope we would not have caught a single fish that day. That was enough to convince me that livescope should be outlawed for obvious reasons.

Last edited by CDS; 06/29/24 03:27 PM.

I come from the water.
Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: CDS] #15114850 06/29/24 03:28 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by CDS
To the person who suggested I have no experience with livescope, you would be wrong. My experience is what concerned me. We were scheduled to fish with a crappie guide. The afternoon of our trip a cold front blew in and dropped the temp down to the low to mid 40's. There was a 20 mph cold north wind blowing, and we all knew there was almost zero chance we would catch fish. We showed up and the guide had livescope. We went out to the protected side of a point in the lake to an underwater tree he liked to fish. He turned on livescope and each one of us took turns dropping a miinnow down to the fish. Of course the fish were not biting because of the pressure change from the cold front. We had to watch the screen and bounce the minnow on the nose of a single crappie until the fish got mad and ate the minnow to get it out of it's face. We ended up catching a 3 man limit that afternoon by taking turns pissing off fish via video screen; one fish at a time. To me that is not fishing. We were playing a video game. If we had not been using livescope we would not have caught a single fish that day. That was enough to convince me that livescope should be outlawed for obvious reasons.

So you’re complaining that you caught a limit

Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: tmd11111] #15114895 06/29/24 04:17 PM
C
CDS Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted by tmd11111
Originally Posted by CDS

That was not my complaint at all. Re-read, but slower this time.

I come from the water.
Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: CDS] #15115557 06/30/24 02:13 PM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted by CDS
Originally Posted by CDS

I've said this recently and before, it may wind up being an issue for the catch and eat species. I talked to a crappie guide the past fall @ Rainswood on Fork and he had it on his pontoon boat which is what he used for his guiding service. He had a love/hate relationship with FFS. He loved it because he could get clients on fish a lot easier, at least at the beginning when he started using it. The hate part is now everyone else is using it and most of his holes no longer have fish on them.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: CDS] #15115645 06/30/24 04:12 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by CDS
Originally Posted by CDS

So you would have been happier to have paid $500 and caught ZERO fish, makes sense.

Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: CDS] #15116742 07/01/24 10:23 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Crappie, Catfish, and Bass should all have a keep limit of 5 (according to length) fish per person per day.
Bass is already 5,...sounds fair..

Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: CDS] #15116862 07/02/24 12:39 AM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
So that darn scope helped you catch fish. Isn't that the point? It's not like we are running out of fish.

[Linked Image]
Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: CDS] #15117990 07/03/24 02:44 AM
C
Crappie Ford Man Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Outlawing would be impossible due to the ensuing law suits:

1) Garmin would damn sure be hiring lawyers
2) Every FFS owner would demand their money back.

Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: CDS] #15118448 07/03/24 05:58 PM
C
ChanceHuiet Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by CDS
Originally Posted by CDS

That 100% is your complaint. Don't matter if you read it one syllable a minute. Same conclusion. You caught fish you otherwise wouldn't have you think so it should be outlawed. That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Take up knitting or something.

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: CDS] #15118730 07/03/24 11:27 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by CDS

So you are saying you don’t own one and have less than a few hours of time using one.

For crappie and using it in down view, I agree it is pretty easy to catch them. For other species, not even close! Forward view is the hardest to use…effectively. The the chances of putting the bait within a few feet of the fish gets higher with hours and hours of practice. It requires far for skill than having a guide bait your hook for you so you can drop it 8ft down into a wad of crappie till one eats the minnow. So…in the hands of someone that has put in a LOT of time to learn it, it can be a real advantage. To the average angler, it’s a distraction. I am on my second complete setup on the same boat. I am finally beginning to get good enough that I can tell a fishes species, approximate size, and distance and depth. This has take several years of use to get myself to this level. Even then, for bass fishing, it is definitely not the fish slaying device you experienced with your crappie guide. I’d venture to say that if you had not paid to be put in fish, and went out and bought a boat, lives scope setup, and went out fishing….you’d still be trying to catch that same limit with those conditions. Haha. The GUIDE made you feel like a hero. You’re not. Neither is Livescope.

Like posted above, the cone of information shown on the screen gets much wider and cluttered with distance. So much so, that the 2D image on the screen is a hindrance to the average angler. It seriously takes a lot of time to learn how to use the gear.

Do I think they should ban it? I honestly couldn’t care either way. I fish tournaments 99% of the time I fish. If I can’t have it, nobody else better have it. If I can have it, I will…and I’ll use it to the best of my ability to help me win. It’s part of the game now. The big debate is not the technology. The real issue most have with it is the advantage it gives and angler vs its costs. The secondary issue people have is it ISNT automatic, so the ones that bought the gear feel like they got [censored] because it didnt make them better anglers. Haha.

Ban Livescope. Just don’t ban Active Target. cheers

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Should Live Scope be outlawed? [Re: CDS] #15118733 07/03/24 11:29 PM
B
BROWNING STRONG Offline
Angler
Angler
B
It is already outlawed in other states, and they are currently doing a study in Texas.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide