Re: Scottie [Re: wt luke] #15077759 05/20/24 03:10 AM
D
Dan21XRS Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by wt luke
... Wouldn't this be bordering on White Privilege?? stir roflmao

As Jerry Seinfeld told the Duke grads... Privilege isn't a bad thing... Take full advantage of it... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Scottie [Re: Douglas J] #15077932 05/20/24 02:14 PM
L
leethefishking Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted by Douglas J

]
Originally Posted by Derek 🐝
Saw reports this morning that all charges are expected to be dropped early this week

As they should, plus fire Barney Fife. Scottie is too nice and will likely be very humble and just move on quietly. A lot of people with his kind of cheddar would sue Fife and the City of Louisville just to show them what it's like to be inconvenienced just because.
So, you want a man fired, sued, and life ruined because a golfer drove through the accident scene he was called out to investigate. And yall wonder why no one wants to be a cop anymore.

Re: Scottie [Re: leethefishking] #15077938 05/20/24 02:20 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by leethefishking

]
Saw reports this morning that all charges are expected to be dropped early this week

As they should, plus fire Barney Fife. Scottie is too nice and will likely be very humble and just move on quietly. A lot of people with his kind of cheddar would sue Fife and the City of Louisville just to show them what it's like to be inconvenienced just because.
So, you want a man fired, sued, and life ruined because a golfer drove through the accident scene he was called out to investigate. And yall wonder why no one wants to be a cop anymore.

So it’s ok for the cop to ruin Scottie’s life with a felony for doing exactly what they were told to do?

[Linked Image]
Re: Scottie [Re: leethefishking] #15077951 05/20/24 02:27 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W

]

Arresting a player in a pga vehicle for doing what he was told to do and the other players had already done and charging him with a felony should get him stuck washing the police cars for the foreseeable future. The other police officers should get a complimentary round at the course and he should have to caddy for them and shine their shoes afterwards. He is obviously a knucklehead. But being fired is probably a bit far.

Re: Scottie [Re: Chris B] #15077993 05/20/24 02:44 PM
L
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted by Chris B

]

So it’s ok for the cop to ruin Scottie’s life with a felony for doing exactly what they were told to do?
Again, that was a statement from his attorney. Do you think if the other cops waived him through they wouldn’t have walked the 50 yards over there and said, hey we waived him through. Maybe they didn’t but damn sure seems fishy. Cop may have screwed up royally but I would be suspicious of accepting his attorneys word on the matter.

Re: Scottie [Re: Douglas J] #15078053 05/20/24 03:44 PM
C
Coach Hark Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C
It will be dismissed because it's a "he said, she said" case because there was no body cam footage. That's the fishy part of this arrest, where's the body cam video?

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right

http://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/

Re: Scottie [Re: Douglas J] #15078076 05/20/24 03:58 PM
Allison1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Who here assumes he was doing what he was told to do?
Originally Posted by Scottie Scheffler
“This morning, I was proceeding as directed by police officers. It was a very chaotic situation, understandably so considering the tragic accident that had occurred earlier, and there was a big misunderstanding of what I thought I was being asked to do. I never intended to disregard any of the instructions.

Without video they may let him go because of the media sensation. I still LOL on people thinking that dragging a police officer for 10 yards could have happened with the perp thinking he was following police directions.

Is this because he did nothing wrong or because he is "special" and they don't want the media pressure? IMO look at it like any other incident and proceed as normal.

Re: Scottie [Re: Allison1] #15078092 05/20/24 04:11 PM
C
COFF Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C
Originally Posted by Allison1
Who here assumes he was doing what he was told to do?
Originally Posted by Scottie Scheffler
“This morning, I was proceeding as directed by police officers. It was a very chaotic situation, understandably so considering the tragic accident that had occurred earlier, and there was a big misunderstanding of what I thought I was being asked to do. I never intended to disregard any of the instructions.

Without video they may let him go because of the media sensation. I still LOL on people thinking that dragging a police officer for 10 yards could have happened with the perp thinking he was following police directions.

Is this because he did nothing wrong or because he is "special" and they don't want the media pressure? IMO look at it like any other incident and proceed as normal.

"Dragging for 10 yards" could also be synonymous for the cop grabbed on to the open window and took 3 running steps with the vehicle as it stopped.

Three things I believe are most likely factual:
1. There was a route set established for people with credentials that enabled them to avoid traffic lines.
2. Scheffler did not know there had been a fatal accident and that procedures were affected by it.
3. LEO's investigating the accident probably were not aware of the route from #1.

Beyond that everything is pretty much hearsay, and both sides are telling the story in a manner to put themselves in the best light. Perfect example is a cop writing in a report that he was dragged 10 yards. He was pissed, and wants SS to get in trouble.

Re: Scottie [Re: Coach Hark] #15078112 05/20/24 04:41 PM
L
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted by Coach Hark
It will be dismissed because it's a "he said, she said" case because there was no body cam footage. That's the fishy part of this arrest, where's the body cam video?
Couple issues at play here. One is if there is body cam it won’t be released because it’s a pending criminal case. When you see these released early on it’s generally under a special provision decided by the department and DA. This protects both sides due process. Second, because he was an accident investigator he may not have been running one due to his role at the scene. If he’s out running a total station (3d image of scene) taking photographs or measurements he wouldn’t have been running one because it’s not a publicly facing duty. Think hours of worthless tape the city actually pays to store. Again, no dog in this fight and if it turns out to be an overzealous cop, shame on him and he should be dealt with.

Re: Scottie [Re: leethefishking] #15078219 05/20/24 06:50 PM
F
Flip Flop Fisher Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
F

]

no one is wondering

Re: Scottie [Re: Douglas J] #15079672 05/22/24 04:37 AM
Allison1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
https://nypost.com/2024/05/21/sport...cheffler-incident-emerge-from-espn-host/

Old news but if you were following.
This is from ESPN's Bob Wischusen. He was riding in the van with Darlington and witnessed it.
Bottom line, Scottie stopped and the detective told him he could not go that way and to get back in line. Scottie pulled ahead anyway and the officer got mad.
“Whoa, whoa, whoa, who are you? Where are you going? Get back in line. You’re not allowed to come through here,” Wischusen said of Gillis’ initial interaction with Scheffler, 27.

After Scheffler pulled forward, what was described by Darlington as 10-20 yards, the situation escalated.
“When [Scheffler] drove past him, the cop got very angry pursuing the car. … My impression was he was kind of running alongside chasing the car, and maybe he tripped and fell,” Wischusen said.

The article says Scotties lawyer denies that the case is being dropped. Makes sense since the lawyer asked for the arraignment to be delayed.

Re: Scottie [Re: Douglas J] #15079673 05/22/24 04:47 AM
Allison1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
When [Scheffler] drove past him, the cop got very angry pursuing the car. … My impression was he was kind of running alongside chasing the car, and maybe he tripped and fell. I mean, there was kind of an outcropping or median, you know, by the front gate. And keep in mind, it was raining. It was 6 o'clock in the morning. It was dark. ... I could see him stumble, but I did not have a very clear view of exactly how you want to categorize his contact with the car.

He runs up to the driver's side, and with the butt end of his flashlight starts screaming, you know, 'Get out of the car, get out of the car' — banging on the window — 'shut the engine off, get out of the car. I'm a police officer.' ... [The officer] put him up against the car and put him in handcuffs. That was when we realized — you know, all the way up until then we're like, oh my God, whoever is in this car, there's about to be an arrest of some sort. And then it was, 'Oh my God, it's Scottie Scheffler.'

A little more from a different article that was not in the article above. This is also Bob Wischusen.

Re: Scottie [Re: Douglas J] #15079720 05/22/24 11:11 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
The DA came off as a moron in the arraignment

Re: Scottie [Re: Douglas J] #15079748 05/22/24 11:53 AM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
He has to go back June 4 for arraignments of some kind

He declined to play in the pro am at Colonial
He is not doing interviews
He is really quiet

Re: Scottie [Re: Douglas J] #15079764 05/22/24 12:11 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
^^^smart…and what I would do if I allegedly entered an orange cone area or a no fishing zone on tournament day.

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide