Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Ain't buy'in the B.S. #15074103 05/15/24 08:44 PM
T Bird Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
on inflation numbers. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/infl...-slowest-pace-in-3-months-125909818.html

Nothing beats the Fox guarding the henhouse scenario ie. Gov. agency reporting the inflation numbers. Should be an independent organization not accountable to Uncle Sam.

Okie by birth, Texan by choice.
[Linked Image]
USAF "Thunderbirds" Alumni 1985-1989

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074105 05/15/24 08:45 PM
B
bloo_rainger Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
Funny

I thought the same thing.

Nothing has gone down.

roflmao

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: bloo_rainger] #15074124 05/15/24 08:58 PM
J
JCBYEN Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by bloo_rainger
Funny

Nothing has gone down.

roflmao

Bill O'Reilly said it last night that everything has risen in price except one thing since FJB got installed. Prescription meds hasn't gone up!

Last edited by JCBYEN; 05/15/24 09:00 PM.
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074125 05/15/24 08:59 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
Funny how when you're falling down a mountain you'll hit a shelf or flatter area and you slow down some, just a bit . . . but, you're still falling down the mountain.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074126 05/15/24 09:00 PM
C
COFF Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C
They are saying the numbers are down relative to the past 3 months.

That's like the front half of your canoe hanging dry over the waterfall and saying "Hey, the current is really slowing down here!"

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: JCBYEN] #15074133 05/15/24 09:08 PM
RCarter Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by JCBYEN
Funny

Nothing has gone down.

roflmao

Bill O'Reilly said it last night that everything has risen in price except one thing since FJB got installed. Prescription meds hasn't gone up!

thumb

WORK HARD.....FISH HARDER!

GOD is Great...BEER is Good...and PEOPLE are CrAZy
billy currington
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074136 05/15/24 09:11 PM
Q
Quillback Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Q
Just took my mom and nephew who is in town for a few days to lunch. 3 sandwiches with fries and drinks, with the tip I forked over $70. Son of a B!

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074140 05/15/24 09:15 PM
R
ReelBusy Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
A trip to the grocery store a couple of days ago tells me that's BS. I was actually eyeballing the Bud Light due to the lower price. Sad deal.

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Quillback] #15074141 05/15/24 09:15 PM
B
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted by Quillback
Just took my mom and nephew who is in town for a few days to lunch. 3 sandwiches with fries and drinks, with the tip I forked over $70. Son of a B!

Yep
Me and the wife went out for a rare lunch treat.
Appetizer
Two meals
Water
Tip

62 dolla

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: bloo_rainger] #15074142 05/15/24 09:15 PM
R
ReelBusy Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Funny

Nothing has gone down.

roflmao

Not true, two things have gone down
Biden vs stairs
Kamala

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074180 05/15/24 09:44 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Those numbers, just like employment numbers, always get revised. And they always go in the wrong direction.

"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074188 05/15/24 09:52 PM
T
tech Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Those numbers are the "CORE Inflation" which doesn't include food or energy....ha!

Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone elses.
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074202 05/15/24 10:05 PM
reeltexan Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Let's see.
In November of 2020, unleaded gas was $1.89, now it's $3.49.

Yep, about 7% sounds right.

"..The pleasantist angling is to see the fish
Cut with her golden oars the silver stream,
And greedily devour the treacherous bait.
Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: ReelBusy] #15074205 05/15/24 10:12 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by ReelBusy
Funny

Nothing has gone down.

roflmao

Biden vs stairs
Kamala

Football through a waterhose !

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074209 05/15/24 10:15 PM
Tneel Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Donothin will come along shortly to school the conservatives on the shrinking inflation and booming stock market! roflmao

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074236 05/15/24 10:49 PM
D
Dan21XRS Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
As I sit here CBS Nightly News is running a story on the high prices at fast food restaurants... Dan bang

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074280 05/15/24 11:55 PM
T
Techfisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Can one of you political economic gurus explain how whoever is President actually affects what inflation numbers are..?? I know everybody claims it's the Presidents policy that affects things but just because you want something to happen doesn't mean Congress is going to go along with your plans. If there is any group to blame it would be our esteemed Congress. They either pass laws or they don't which can affect things...i.e taxes, rules and other regulations that add costs or lower them...fat chance of that...:) I don't like inflation anymore than anyone else.

If anyone thinks that re-electing Trump is going to magically lower fuel costs, lower food costs, or lower the cost of hard goods I've got some ocean front property in Arizona I'll sell cheap...:)

If Trump will pledge to lower the price of fluorocarbon line, reels and rods, and boats I will consider voting for him...:)

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Techfisher] #15074308 05/16/24 12:25 AM
S
Smurfs Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Techfisher
Can one of you political economic gurus explain how whoever is President actually affects what inflation numbers are..?? I know everybody claims it's the Presidents policy that affects things but just because you want something to happen doesn't mean Congress is going to go along with your plans. If there is any group to blame it would be our esteemed Congress. They either pass laws or they don't which can affect things...i.e taxes, rules and other regulations that add costs or lower them...fat chance of that...:) I don't like inflation anymore than anyone else.

If anyone thinks that re-electing Trump is going to magically lower fuel costs, lower food costs, or lower the cost of hard goods I've got some ocean front property in Arizona I'll sell cheap...:)

If Trump will pledge to lower the price of fluorocarbon line, reels and rods, and boats I will consider voting for him...:)

We shall see

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Techfisher] #15074312 05/16/24 12:31 AM
D
deerfeeder Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D

Is that land close to where they moved the London Bridge?

Non Sibi Sed Patriae -- "Not for self, but for country."

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Techfisher] #15074420 05/16/24 02:34 AM
C
cantcatch5 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C

We have had one term of each of the the candidates, I know I personally did pretty well under one and have struggled under the other one…which one do you think I will pick?

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Techfisher] #15074496 05/16/24 04:05 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

This guy says he lowered inflation and gas prices as well.

https://youtu.be/U_O1hEm59rM?si=KQAoBb_SpovFrMKX

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074504 05/16/24 05:23 AM
G
Gusick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Neither of the two recent US presidents caused the inflation we have seen the last few years. The inflation problem hasn't been isolated to the US, the whole world has experienced it. If it was a US problem, the USD would have crashed but it hasn't, it's maintained a stable exchange rate with other currencies throughout this inflationary period.

I attribute the global inflation problem to Covid-related supply chain interruptions and the Russian-Ukrainian war.

Cargo ships were decommissioned for scrap metal in 2020, the world will pay for that for years. Also, we (in the West) returned to normal post-Covid operation well over 2 years ago, but China did not. The Chinese have only been back at work for a little over a year now. They may never get back to pre-covid production levels.

Covid drove oil prices down, it was the Russian invasion of Ukraine that drove them up. Both counties are also leading exporters of grain and fertilizer. Ukrainian grain has historically fed much of Arica and the Middle East. Most of South America and the Middle East can't any grow crops without their fertilizer. That may not affected food supply in the US, but US buyers have to price compete with foreign buyers .

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Techfisher] #15074521 05/16/24 10:22 AM
Q
Quillback Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Q

Well someone just announced a %100 tariff on Chinese cheap Chinese EV's. In and of itself it that is inflationary. Granting debt relief, also inflationary. Spending $2 trillion on "infrastructure", inflationary. I've got other examples. To say that a presidents policies have no effect on the economy and deny those policies can effect inflation is just not the case.

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: ReelBusy] #15074523 05/16/24 10:31 AM
S
Samsonsworld Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
A trip to the grocery store a couple of days ago tells me that's BS. I was actually eyeballing the Bud Light due to the lower price. Sad deal.

Yep. Getting to where a guy can't even afford a nice dress.

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: ReelBusy] #15074597 05/16/24 12:40 PM
B
BillS2006 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Funny

Nothing has gone down.

roflmao

Biden vs stairs
Kamala

I wonder what the price of knee pads has done.

Transgenders: God made them, the devil changed their minds.
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Samsonsworld] #15074612 05/16/24 12:54 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Samsonsworld

Yep. Getting to where a guy can't even afford a nice dress.

[Linked Image]

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Quillback] #15074635 05/16/24 01:15 PM
S
Scoundrel Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S

If Trump will pledge to lower the price of fluorocarbon line, reels and rods, and boats I will consider voting for him.

Well someone just announced a %100 tariff on Chinese cheap Chinese EV's. In and of itself it that is inflationary. Granting debt relief, also inflationary. Spending $2 trillion on "infrastructure", inflationary. I've got other examples. To say that a presidents policies have no effect on the economy and deny those policies can effect inflation is just not the case.

The President’s open invitational border policy costs definitely added to a significant part of U.S. inflation.

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Scoundrel] #15074637 05/16/24 01:18 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Scoundrel

If Trump will pledge to lower the price of fluorocarbon line, reels and rods, and boats I will consider voting for him.

The President’s open invitational border policy costs definitely added to a significant part of U.S. inflation.

As did his energy policy.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074647 05/16/24 01:29 PM
TexasMo Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
If the executive can come in and immediately issue 80+ orders that impact energy production, there is not one person to blame but him. EVERYONE knows he did that.

Now, the other sad part is, the bitching and moaning for minimal skillz wage!!

For the love, minimal skills doesn't mean you get to live in a Beverly Hills!! It is MINIMUM wage because of MINIMUM SKILLZ!! These idiots didn't learn anything in school, dropped out, because school was too "hard" and now complain they should be making 6 figures for standing there, pressing a button on a screen and Asking "do you want that a meal?"

take back $20 per for that work/labor... It not meant to be a living career with Beverly Hills kind of money being made.. It is a High schooler's part time job to teach him/her how to work for things, become organized and to dream of doing something better with your life and obtaining skills that are far better paying..

There is your inflation summed up in a nutshell.

Mo

Rip some Lips ya'll.
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074665 05/16/24 01:50 PM
F
Flags Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Heres the thing about inflation, it compounds. If it is 1.4% one year and then 4% the next year and then 5% the 3rd year and only 3% the 4lth year the DEMs try to say inflation went down but in actuality over a 4 year period like Joey's the total rate of inflation is 1.4+4+5+3 for a total across the board increase of over 13%

Funny how the gloss over the total

Retired Navy Chief Signalman
NJROTC Instructor Tascosa High School
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074702 05/16/24 02:14 PM
TexasMo Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
just stop with the easy math ... (Kindergarten math)... yes

Rip some Lips ya'll.
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074711 05/16/24 02:23 PM
donothin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Funny that you guys don't believe it, but those investing mega dollars believe it.

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074717 05/16/24 02:26 PM
R
ReelBusy Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
[Linked Image]

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: donothin] #15074751 05/16/24 02:55 PM
F
Flags Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by donothin
Funny that you guys don't believe it, but those investing mega dollars believe it.

Moron I am not talking about the stock market. Inflation is a decrease in spending power on every person for every item they buy. In increased price of diesel alone has increased the price of everything

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Flags] #15074755 05/16/24 03:00 PM
donothin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Flags

Moron I am not talking about the stock market. Inflation is a decrease in spending power on every person for every item they buy. In increased price of diesel alone has increased the price of everything

You are the moron. I completely understand what inflation means. Most on here were saying they did not believe the inflation number just released. I simply said, investors must believe the numbers.

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074771 05/16/24 03:16 PM
donothin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
The Dow topped 40,000 for the first time.

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: donothin] #15074778 05/16/24 03:19 PM
reeltexan Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Even when Obama did everything he could to kill the US economy, he couldn't. Americans invest.
All it took to really take off was......

[Linked Image]

"..The pleasantist angling is to see the fish
Cut with her golden oars the silver stream,
And greedily devour the treacherous bait.
Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: donothin] #15074783 05/16/24 03:21 PM
B
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
The Dow topped 40,000 for the first time.

We’re back to MAGA waters finally….

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: donothin] #15074792 05/16/24 03:29 PM
F
Flags Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F

You are the moron. I completely understand what inflation means. Most on here were saying they did not believe the inflation number just released. I simply said, investors must believe the numbers.

The inflation number is not relevant to the market moron. They are 2 different entities. An inflation rate of 3% added to an inflation rate of 5% added to a. Inflation rate of 4% added to an inflation rate of 1.4% gives you an overall inflation rate of a minimum of 13.4% added onto every good and service. The stock market does not dictate nor influence inflation. Investors look at different numbers and the people not in the markets are losing their butts and it is the fools you support who caused it

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: donothin] #15074795 05/16/24 03:32 PM
B
BrahmanTx Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B

I finally agree with donothin, The stock market has done well. But, I'm still a MAGA and one of the basket of deplorables.

Last edited by BrahmanTx; 05/16/24 03:32 PM.

-------------------------
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: BrahmanTx] #15074837 05/16/24 04:18 PM
F
Flags Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by BrahmanTx

I finally agree with donothin, The stock market has done well. But, I'm still a MAGA and one of the basket of deplorables.

But this thread is not about the stock market. It is about inflation which is a different animal

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Flags] #15074841 05/16/24 04:24 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by BrahmanTx

But this thread is not about the stock market. It is about inflation which is a different animal

and its not about how high it got. Its about it slowing and I've seen diddly to argue the point.

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Allison1] #15074847 05/16/24 04:39 PM
F
Flags Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Allison

and its not about how high it got. Its about it slowing and I've seen diddly to argue the point.

No it isnt. The thread is about how misleading morons like you are by focusing on 3% and ignoring the previous 10%. The original post tells this but as usual you are trying to deflect

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Flags] #15074892 05/16/24 05:33 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Allison

No it isnt. The thread is about how misleading morons like you are by focusing on 3% and ignoring the previous 10%. The original post tells this but as usual you are trying to deflect

Funny but the article showed its the lowest in 3 months.
The title being Inflation pressures ease in April as consumer prices rise at slowest pace in 3 months, then posts "Nothing beats the Fox guarding the henhouse scenario ie. Gov. agency reporting the inflation numbers. Should be an independent organization not accountable to Uncle Sam".

Where in the blue blazes did you read anything about 10% inflation or a gripe about earlier inflation rates? Made it up, didn't you.

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Allison1] #15074917 05/16/24 05:56 PM
F
Flags Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by Allison1
Allison

The title being Inflation pressures ease in April as consumer prices rise at slowest pace in 3 months, then posts "Nothing beats the Fox guarding the henhouse scenario ie. Gov. agency reporting the inflation numbers. Should be an independent organization not accountable to Uncle Sam".

Where in the blue blazes did you read anything about 10% inflation or a gripe about earlier inflation rates? Made it up, didn't you.

Read the original post moron. The person starting the thread decides what it is about. What the hell makes you think you get to decide everything especially when this thread is 3 pages long and you just got here. The OP says he isnt buyin the BS. I dont either because I buy gas and groceries and see what they cost due to inflation

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Flags] #15075002 05/16/24 06:39 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Allison1
Allison

Read the original post moron. The person starting the thread decides what it is about. What the hell makes you think you get to decide everything especially when this thread is 3 pages long and you just got here. The OP says he isnt buyin the BS. I dont either because I buy gas and groceries and see what they cost due to inflation

I RE-POSTED/QUOTED EVERYTHING from the first post in my reply above and now its in red.
The only difference is he posted a link while I posted the title of the article.
I questioned why you think its about earlier inflation rates. Now you don't seem to even understand what the first poster posted. LOL.

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15075048 05/16/24 07:15 PM
F
Flags Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Moron he say he does not buy off on what the article says. You on the other hand cannot grasp that the OP does not agree with the article and keep trying to say what is in the article. You do not get to decide what a thread authored by someone else is about. Start your own thread about the article if you want to pimp the contents of the damn thing.

Nobody has to get your permission or approval to start a thread and you do not get to control every thread.

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15075054 05/16/24 07:23 PM
lanman71 Offline
Maroon!
Maroon!
I’m glad I make enough money to not care about it. Sounds like a lot of you need to work harder.

Last edited by lanman71; 05/16/24 07:24 PM.

What a maroon!
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: lanman71] #15075068 05/16/24 07:36 PM
M
MBradford Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by lanman71
I’m glad I make enough money to not care about it. Sounds like a lot of you need to work harder.

"Work smarter, not harder."

[Linked Image]
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: lanman71] #15075069 05/16/24 07:37 PM
W
Wool E. Booger Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
W

To apply liberal logic to it, I don’t need to work harder, you need to send me some of yours…..since you make plenty and all.

Let me know when you have my share and I will send you the address of where to send it.

clap

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15075086 05/16/24 07:53 PM
lanman71 Offline
Maroon!
Maroon!
That was a troll. I work in education lol. I’ll never be rich.

What a maroon!
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: lanman71] #15075093 05/16/24 07:59 PM
W
Wool E. Booger Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
W
That was a troll. I work in education lol. I’ll never be rich.

thumb I was just ball bustin anyway. I don’t want anything I haven’t earned in this ole world.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide