Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074236 05/15/24 10:49 PM
D
Dan21XRS Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
As I sit here CBS Nightly News is running a story on the high prices at fast food restaurants... Dan bang

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074280 05/15/24 11:55 PM
T
Techfisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Can one of you political economic gurus explain how whoever is President actually affects what inflation numbers are..?? I know everybody claims it's the Presidents policy that affects things but just because you want something to happen doesn't mean Congress is going to go along with your plans. If there is any group to blame it would be our esteemed Congress. They either pass laws or they don't which can affect things...i.e taxes, rules and other regulations that add costs or lower them...fat chance of that...:) I don't like inflation anymore than anyone else.

If anyone thinks that re-electing Trump is going to magically lower fuel costs, lower food costs, or lower the cost of hard goods I've got some ocean front property in Arizona I'll sell cheap...:)

If Trump will pledge to lower the price of fluorocarbon line, reels and rods, and boats I will consider voting for him...:)

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Techfisher] #15074308 05/16/24 12:25 AM
S
Smurfs Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Techfisher
Can one of you political economic gurus explain how whoever is President actually affects what inflation numbers are..?? I know everybody claims it's the Presidents policy that affects things but just because you want something to happen doesn't mean Congress is going to go along with your plans. If there is any group to blame it would be our esteemed Congress. They either pass laws or they don't which can affect things...i.e taxes, rules and other regulations that add costs or lower them...fat chance of that...:) I don't like inflation anymore than anyone else.

If anyone thinks that re-electing Trump is going to magically lower fuel costs, lower food costs, or lower the cost of hard goods I've got some ocean front property in Arizona I'll sell cheap...:)

If Trump will pledge to lower the price of fluorocarbon line, reels and rods, and boats I will consider voting for him...:)

We shall see

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Techfisher] #15074312 05/16/24 12:31 AM
D
deerfeeder Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D

Is that land close to where they moved the London Bridge?

Non Sibi Sed Patriae -- "Not for self, but for country."

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Techfisher] #15074420 05/16/24 02:34 AM
C
cantcatch5 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C

We have had one term of each of the the candidates, I know I personally did pretty well under one and have struggled under the other one…which one do you think I will pick?

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Techfisher] #15074496 05/16/24 04:05 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

This guy says he lowered inflation and gas prices as well.

https://youtu.be/U_O1hEm59rM?si=KQAoBb_SpovFrMKX

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074504 05/16/24 05:23 AM
G
Gusick Online Sick
TFF Guru
Online Sick
TFF Guru
G
Neither of the two recent US presidents caused the inflation we have seen the last few years. The inflation problem hasn't been isolated to the US, the whole world has experienced it. If it was a US problem, the USD would have crashed but it hasn't, it's maintained a stable exchange rate with other currencies throughout this inflationary period.

I attribute the global inflation problem to Covid-related supply chain interruptions and the Russian-Ukrainian war.

Cargo ships were decommissioned for scrap metal in 2020, the world will pay for that for years. Also, we (in the West) returned to normal post-Covid operation well over 2 years ago, but China did not. The Chinese have only been back at work for a little over a year now. They may never get back to pre-covid production levels.

Covid drove oil prices down, it was the Russian invasion of Ukraine that drove them up. Both counties are also leading exporters of grain and fertilizer. Ukrainian grain has historically fed much of Arica and the Middle East. Most of South America and the Middle East can't any grow crops without their fertilizer. That may not affected food supply in the US, but US buyers have to price compete with foreign buyers .

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Techfisher] #15074521 05/16/24 10:22 AM
Q
Quillback Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Q

Well someone just announced a %100 tariff on Chinese cheap Chinese EV's. In and of itself it that is inflationary. Granting debt relief, also inflationary. Spending $2 trillion on "infrastructure", inflationary. I've got other examples. To say that a presidents policies have no effect on the economy and deny those policies can effect inflation is just not the case.

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: ReelBusy] #15074523 05/16/24 10:31 AM
S
Samsonsworld Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by ReelBusy
A trip to the grocery store a couple of days ago tells me that's BS. I was actually eyeballing the Bud Light due to the lower price. Sad deal.

Yep. Getting to where a guy can't even afford a nice dress.

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: ReelBusy] #15074597 05/16/24 12:40 PM
B
BillS2006 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by bloo_rainger
Funny

I thought the same thing.

Nothing has gone down.

roflmao

Not true, two things have gone down
Biden vs stairs
Kamala

I wonder what the price of knee pads has done.

Transgenders: God made them, the devil changed their minds.
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Samsonsworld] #15074612 05/16/24 12:54 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Samsonsworld
A trip to the grocery store a couple of days ago tells me that's BS. I was actually eyeballing the Bud Light due to the lower price. Sad deal.

Yep. Getting to where a guy can't even afford a nice dress.

[Linked Image]

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Quillback] #15074635 05/16/24 01:15 PM
S
Scoundrel Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Quillback

If Trump will pledge to lower the price of fluorocarbon line, reels and rods, and boats I will consider voting for him.

Well someone just announced a %100 tariff on Chinese cheap Chinese EV's. In and of itself it that is inflationary. Granting debt relief, also inflationary. Spending $2 trillion on "infrastructure", inflationary. I've got other examples. To say that a presidents policies have no effect on the economy and deny those policies can effect inflation is just not the case.

The President’s open invitational border policy costs definitely added to a significant part of U.S. inflation.

Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: Scoundrel] #15074637 05/16/24 01:18 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Scoundrel
Originally Posted by Quillback

If Trump will pledge to lower the price of fluorocarbon line, reels and rods, and boats I will consider voting for him.

The President’s open invitational border policy costs definitely added to a significant part of U.S. inflation.

As did his energy policy.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074647 05/16/24 01:29 PM
TexasMo Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
If the executive can come in and immediately issue 80+ orders that impact energy production, there is not one person to blame but him. EVERYONE knows he did that.

Now, the other sad part is, the bitching and moaning for minimal skillz wage!!

For the love, minimal skills doesn't mean you get to live in a Beverly Hills!! It is MINIMUM wage because of MINIMUM SKILLZ!! These idiots didn't learn anything in school, dropped out, because school was too "hard" and now complain they should be making 6 figures for standing there, pressing a button on a screen and Asking "do you want that a meal?"

take back $20 per for that work/labor... It not meant to be a living career with Beverly Hills kind of money being made.. It is a High schooler's part time job to teach him/her how to work for things, become organized and to dream of doing something better with your life and obtaining skills that are far better paying..

There is your inflation summed up in a nutshell.

Mo

Rip some Lips ya'll.
Re: Ain't buy'in the B.S. [Re: T Bird] #15074665 05/16/24 01:50 PM
F
Flags Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
F
Heres the thing about inflation, it compounds. If it is 1.4% one year and then 4% the next year and then 5% the 3rd year and only 3% the 4lth year the DEMs try to say inflation went down but in actuality over a 4 year period like Joey's the total rate of inflation is 1.4+4+5+3 for a total across the board increase of over 13%

Funny how the gloss over the total

Retired Navy Chief Signalman
NJROTC Instructor Tascosa High School
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide