Patriot Guard Rider Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by Patriot Guard Rider
Room board and tuition at tech was costing me around 30k a year for daughter. After 3 major changes and 5 years of dumb stuff she got cut off. Now she is working at Starbucks...... nice thing is that Starbucks is now paying her tuition as they do have a nice little program if you work full time for a year. She burned me pretty good so we are gonna do the next one a little different. He is gonna go get a job and a loan. Bring me good grades at the end of semester directed at a worthy degree and I am gonna pay loan off for that semester. Bring me junk and that goes into his loan pile and he can try again the next semester.

Excellent plan! Regardless of the situation, if something is free you generally don't see the value.

She pizzed me off. She fancies herself a trust fund kid or something. She is one f up away from me setting up a generational skipping trust.

thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Family is everything!

Life is precious. We don’t have forever. We have now. This moment. We can choose to love our lives now.

Re: College tuition [Re: WAWI] #15072693 05/14/24 12:44 PM
B
bloo_rainger Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
Room board and tuition at tech was costing me around 30k a year for daughter. After 3 major changes and 5 years of dumb stuff she got cut off. Now she is working at Starbucks...... nice thing is that Starbucks is now paying her tuition as they do have a nice little program if you work full time for a year. She burned me pretty good so we are gonna do the next one a little different. He is gonna go get a job and a loan. Bring me good grades at the end of semester directed at a worthy degree and I am gonna pay loan off for that semester. Bring me junk and that goes into his loan pile and he can try again the next semester.

Excellent plan! Regardless of the situation, if something is free you generally don't see the value.

She pizzed me off. She fancies herself a trust fund kid or something. She is one f up away from me setting up a generational skipping trust.

Her daddy got a lot of money.

banana

Re: College tuition [Re: gregpaul] #15072698 05/14/24 12:49 PM
B
BrahmanTx Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Paying around $10,000 a semester for my daughter to go to University of Arkansas. Including tuition and fees and apartment expenses.
Thankfully she will be a senior next semester.

-------------------------
Re: College tuition [Re: BrahmanTx] #15072702 05/14/24 12:50 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by BrahmanTx
Paying around $10,000 a semester for my daughter to go to University of Arkansas. Including tuition and fees and apartment expenses.
Thankfully she will be a senior next semester.

WPS
we graduated last Friday

Re: College tuition [Re: bloo_rainger] #15072706 05/14/24 12:55 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by bloo_rainger

Her daddy got a lot of money.

banana

Lol not anymore, the restaurant business gave it now its taking it away lol.

Re: College tuition [Re: gregpaul] #15072710 05/14/24 12:59 PM
N
nellie Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
N
I have a little perspective on this but it cost me about $24,000 per year for the last 8 years with both my girls at A&M College Station. Youngest just graduated with her graduate degree last December so I’m done finally.

Each girl got their undergrad degrees in 3.5 years which saved me a little money.

We set the expectations early on for them to do well academically and they would not have to pay for college and they excelled, both graduating as one of the top 10 kids out of 700 students at their HS.

They both graduated with their degrees and absolutely no debt and are very appreciative of what we have done for them. Both are high achievers and have great jobs now.

Just thought I would give a different perspective on this and how paying for college for them can give them a great head start in life.

Re: College tuition [Re: WAWI] #15072836 05/14/24 03:04 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G

She sounds like a “waiter”….waiting on you to die….😆

Re: College tuition [Re: nellie] #15072837 05/14/24 03:06 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by nellie
I have a little perspective on this but it cost me about $24,000 per year for the last 8 years with both my girls at A&M College Station. Youngest just graduated with her graduate degree last December so I’m done finally.

Each girl got their undergrad degrees in 3.5 years which saved me a little money.

We set the expectations early on for them to do well academically and they would not have to pay for college and they excelled, both graduating as one of the top 10 kids out of 700 students at their HS.

They both graduated with their degrees and absolutely no debt and are very appreciative of what we have done for them. Both are high achievers and have great jobs now.

Just thought I would give a different perspective on this and how paying for college for them can give them a great head start in life.

This is a good plan- I wouldn’t borrow a dime or let a kid borrow to go to school. Get all the aid you can - have parents pay if they saved- go to junior college first, etc. Getting a loan seems like the easy way out.

Re: College tuition [Re: grandbassslayer] #15072840 05/14/24 03:09 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

She sounds like a “waiter”….waiting on you to die….😆

This mess snuck up on me. Really good grades in high school a large sat score that got her a presidential scholarship, then off the rails we went...... my son is a known, he has dummy all over him lol. A stint in the military and some trade school are probably what he needs. I could see him going to prison for a poorly conceived ponzi scheme also.....

Re: College tuition [Re: WAWI] #15072841 05/14/24 03:09 PM
donothin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

Looks like your parenting skills were not great as you should have taught him the value of studying and money while he was a youngster.

Re: College tuition [Re: donothin] #15072844 05/14/24 03:13 PM
Ghost4BH Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by donothin

Looks like your parenting skills were not great as you should have taught him the value of studying and money while he was a youngster.

I guarantee his parenting skills are far better than your parenting skills.

Re: College tuition [Re: gregpaul] #15072871 05/14/24 03:34 PM
K
ko bass attack 27 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K
A viable alternative is a skilled trade. My boy graduated from H.S. and recieved some offers for football. He instead opted to stay home and get an associates degree in electronic instrumentation that took 2 years. He had several job offers before graduating as he was in the top 10% of his class. He took a job at a nitrogen plant that started him,out at $86,000 a year. He has been there about 3 years now and is making well over 100k. He accumulated no student debt and we paid about $1,000 per semester. He also worked full time at Wal-Mart as an asst. Manager and saved 90% of what he made so he would be ready to leave the nest. He is really my Grandson but I claim him as my own and couldn't be any prouder of him. Some good trades are process technology, welding, building trades, electronic instrumentation, HVAC and plumbing.

Re: College tuition [Re: donothin] #15072887 05/14/24 03:55 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W

Lol it's just a shame this is the internet, and you are old. I suspect you wouldn't say that to my face. That's the difference between me and you. Anything I say here I'll say direct to someone's face.

Re: College tuition [Re: donothin] #15072899 05/14/24 04:05 PM
H
Harleydude Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
H

And it looks like your parents should have taught you when to shut up

Re: College tuition [Re: WAWI] #15072903 05/14/24 04:16 PM
donothin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

Lol it's just a shame this is the internet, and you are old. I suspect you wouldn't say that to my face. That's the difference between me and you. Anything I say here I'll say direct to someone's face.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide