Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: College tuition [Re: gregpaul] #15072916 05/14/24 04:21 PM
A
avid_basser Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
A
Funny this comes up...

We have our youngest daughter, got free tuition due to her father's military service. She went 4 years to UCSC and majored in Literature. We paid for room, board, food, books, etc. She didn't have to work for any of it. Shame on us. She's now working at a local cafe / bakery as the "shop girl." Wasting away all of her talents / schooling. She keeps touting that she's leaving for California, but reality sets in that she can't afford it. She's not applying her knowledge, but she's good at posting things on social media. AHAHHAHAAH

She can be more, but doesn't seem to the drive to do it.

Re: College tuition [Re: gregpaul] #15072928 05/14/24 04:28 PM
donothin Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Wrong again, I would say it to your face, though I am not inclined to get physical. And you have attacked me on the internet before. BTW, my two graduated with honors from Tx A&M and each of them now have 3 kids that have graduated without debt and are working.

Re: College tuition [Re: donothin] #15072932 05/14/24 04:31 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by donothin
Wrong again, I would say it to your face, though I am not inclined to get physical. And you have attacked me on the internet before. BTW, my two graduated with honors from Tx A&M and each of them now have 3 kids that have graduated without debt and are working.

Sure you would lol

Re: College tuition [Re: butch sanders] #15072939 05/14/24 04:35 PM
B
BrahmanTx Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by butch sanders
Originally Posted by BrahmanTx
Paying around $10,000 a semester for my daughter to go to University of Arkansas. Including tuition and fees and apartment expenses.
Thankfully she will be a senior next semester.

WPS
we graduated last Friday

Congrats

-------------------------
Re: College tuition [Re: gregpaul] #15072951 05/14/24 04:43 PM
H
Hook'Em 79 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
Our youngest is graduating HS this week and going to atm in the fall.

She was expecting to pay for school herself as this is what we told all of our kids with the mindset that her mother and I would cover it as long as they were making good grades
and not partying. I expect her to do a little partying as I am not stupid but need her to keep it on the rails for sure. She has saved up over $15k (working since she was 14) and will be paying for her apartment this first year herself.

We will be evaluating this year to year from here on out.

God, Family, Friends
www.sterlingtractor.com

Re: College tuition [Re: donothin] #15073019 05/14/24 05:33 PM
F
Flyfisherman Offline
Mama's Boy
Mama's Boy
F
Originally Posted by WAWI
Room board and tuition at tech was costing me around 30k a year for daughter. After 3 major changes and 5 years of dumb stuff she got cut off. Now she is working at Starbucks...... nice thing is that Starbucks is now paying her tuition as they do have a nice little program if you work full time for a year. She burned me pretty good so we are gonna do the next one a little different. He is gonna go get a job and a loan. Bring me good grades at the end of semester directed at a worthy degree and I am gonna pay loan off for that semester. Bring me junk and that goes into his loan pile and he can try again the next semester.

Looks like your parenting skills were not great as you should have taught him the value of studying and money while he was a youngster.

Lol it's just a shame this is the internet, and you are old. I suspect you wouldn't say that to my face. That's the difference between me and you. Anything I say here I'll say direct to someone's face.

WAWI is the GOAT and isn't afraid to square up at the boat ramp

Re: College tuition [Re: gregpaul] #15073061 05/14/24 05:57 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I know Wawi’s son, he’s tough loving a damn good kid lol

Re: College tuition [Re: WAWI] #15073071 05/14/24 06:07 PM
S
Sawhorse Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S

Sure you would lol

You guys want to be on the undercard at Ratz’s next G2G at the Old Town Ice House in Keller?

Re: College tuition [Re: donothin] #15073097 05/14/24 06:28 PM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

AggyCarl is my favorite Carl character

Re: College tuition [Re: donothin] #15073177 05/14/24 07:29 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Room board and tuition at tech was costing me around 30k a year for daughter. After 3 major changes and 5 years of dumb stuff she got cut off. Now she is working at Starbucks...... nice thing is that Starbucks is now paying her tuition as they do have a nice little program if you work full time for a year. She burned me pretty good so we are gonna do the next one a little different. He is gonna go get a job and a loan. Bring me good grades at the end of semester directed at a worthy degree and I am gonna pay loan off for that semester. Bring me junk and that goes into his loan pile and he can try again the next semester.

Looks like your parenting skills were not great as you should have taught him the value of studying and money while he was a youngster.

Him, he? Your reading skills are not great, you should have learned the value of studying.

Re: College tuition [Re: gregpaul] #15073196 05/14/24 07:52 PM
K
kcb Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
To the OP. My daughter graduated in December’17 and as you know prices continue to increase. As I recall we were spending about 20 K per year plus spending money for her to live off campus in a shared apartment. It’s 10 years later so I would imagine you’re looking at 30K if they live away from home. I only have one and prepared for college, but what made my budget strain was not the tuition & fees. It was the cost of putting her up in an apartment.

Re: College tuition [Re: WAWI] #15073219 05/14/24 08:07 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G

Lol it's just a shame this is the internet, and you are old. I suspect you wouldn't say that to my face. That's the difference between me and you. Anything I say here I'll say direct to someone's face.
I was thinking “hey better get someone over here to collect these teeth off the floor…🤣

Re: College tuition [Re: Sawhorse] #15073220 05/14/24 08:08 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Sawhorse

Sure you would lol

You guys want to be on the undercard at Ratz’s next G2G at the Old Town Ice House in Keller?

Who is the main event?

Re: College tuition [Re: avid_basser] #15073223 05/14/24 08:11 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by avid_basser
Funny this comes up...

We have our youngest daughter, got free tuition due to her father's military service. She went 4 years to UCSC and majored in Literature. We paid for room, board, food, books, etc. She didn't have to work for any of it. Shame on us. She's now working at a local cafe / bakery as the "shop girl." Wasting away all of her talents / schooling. She keeps touting that she's leaving for California, but reality sets in that she can't afford it. She's not applying her knowledge, but she's good at posting things on social media. AHAHHAHAAH

She can be more, but doesn't seem to the drive to do it.

You let her get a degree in literature? Did she have a plan to use it in that field?

Re: College tuition [Re: gregpaul] #15073231 05/14/24 08:23 PM
G
Grasshopperglock Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
G
My son got a full ride scholarship at Texas Tech.

After six months he quits. Walks away. Talk about a pucker moment for a father.

Next thing I know, he's working in Austin as a software engineer. Come to find out. My son helped develop how a robot sees you. Particularly automated military weapons. He helped design the, "eyeballs".

That SOB also has three patents and makes 6 figures a year.

I didn't teach him that and I have degrees from UMHB that are pretty much useless.

I've lost complete faith in college. I personally considered it a scam.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide