Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: College tuition [Re: gregpaul] #15072556 05/14/24 08:47 AM
Bandit 200 XP Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by gregpaul
I will be funding my grandson’s college at UTA or UNT next year. Anyone recently paid for 15 hours and books. Or where to find out. Thanks

Just give him a Credit Card , my daughter went UNT , got a degree . Them went SMU , Now she a Lawyer in Denton , she is my step daughter , but i call her my daughter , i have been around her, since she was 5

Last edited by Bandit 200 XP; 05/14/24 08:48 AM.

Re: College tuition [Re: gregpaul] #15072625 05/14/24 11:54 AM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
A semester will run you $20k

Re: College tuition [Re: bloo_rainger] #15072626 05/14/24 11:55 AM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by bloo_rainger
I will be funding my grandson’s college at UTA or UNT next year. Anyone recently paid for 15 hours and books. Or where to find out. Thanks

Ask Butch…

We are about to do 2 years free
At U of Alabama
Academic scholarship

Is that the answer you wanted

Re: College tuition [Re: gregpaul] #15072629 05/14/24 11:58 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Room board and tuition at tech was costing me around 30k a year for daughter. After 3 major changes and 5 years of dumb stuff she got cut off. Now she is working at Starbucks...... nice thing is that Starbucks is now paying her tuition as they do have a nice little program if you work full time for a year. She burned me pretty good so we are gonna do the next one a little different. He is gonna go get a job and a loan. Bring me good grades at the end of semester directed at a worthy degree and I am gonna pay loan off for that semester. Bring me junk and that goes into his loan pile and he can try again the next semester.

Re: College tuition [Re: WAWI] #15072640 05/14/24 12:06 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by WAWI
Room board and tuition at tech was costing me around 30k a year for daughter. After 3 major changes and 5 years of dumb stuff she got cut off. Now she is working at Starbucks...... nice thing is that Starbucks is now paying her tuition as they do have a nice little program if you work full time for a year. She burned me pretty good so we are gonna do the next one a little different. He is gonna go get a job and a loan. Bring me good grades at the end of semester directed at a worthy degree and I am gonna pay loan off for that semester. Bring me junk and that goes into his loan pile and he can try again the next semester.

Hard [censored], glad you ain't my daddy lol. that seems like a pretty fair deal for junior.

[Linked Image]
Re: College tuition [Re: gregpaul] #15072654 05/14/24 12:17 PM
H2O Seeker Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

Have your grandson fill out the FAFSA. He will need help with certain portions but this will 'qualify' him for any grants and some scholarships. Any other scholarships he may qualify for, earn, or be awarded will also roll up under this and be aggregated via the schools online 'business office'.

Most high school counselors are willing to help if asked but otherwise they are not going out of their way. Millions of dollars in scholarships go unawarded each year because kids did not apply or know about them.

My youngest of 4 graduated in December but my wife is in her last semester of a grad program. Even as a grad student she was awarded several state and departmental grants and scholarships. Still had to pay out the a$$ but every little bit helps.

Last edited by H2O Seeker; 05/14/24 12:19 PM.

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: College tuition [Re: WAWI] #15072655 05/14/24 12:18 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J

I plan to do something similar to this with my kids. I'm debating between letting them take loans out for everything so they can get a real sense for the magnitude, then paying them off upon graduation. Or...the grades for pay deal. A real key is a worthy degree. My dad used to say, "Look in the newspaper. If you don't see job wanted ads for what you want to do, it's not the right major." Obviously today the job postings are online, but it's the same story.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

[Linked Image]
Re: College tuition [Re: gregpaul] #15072656 05/14/24 12:18 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Price of tuition is out of control. Wife's working on her Doctorates degree online. 8 week classes at $2400 a pop. She's been doubling up on a few terms so $4800 when she does that.

Re: College tuition [Re: Jpurdue] #15072661 05/14/24 12:23 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Jpurdue

I plan to do something similar to this with my kids. I'm debating between letting them take loans out for everything so they can get a real sense for the magnitude, then paying them off upon graduation. Or...the grades for pay deal. A real key is a worthy degree. My dad used to say, "Look in the newspaper. If you don't see job wanted ads for what you want to do, it's not the right major." Obviously today the job postings are online, but it's the same story.

I like the semester by semester deal because I know he will f one up and it will create a teachable moment when I tell him that goes in his pile.

Re: College tuition [Re: Happykamper] #15072662 05/14/24 12:24 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Happykamper

Hard [censored], glad you ain't my daddy lol. that seems like a pretty fair deal for junior.

You know the nonsense I put up with. Do you blame me lol.

Re: College tuition [Re: gregpaul] #15072667 05/14/24 12:26 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
And make sure they bring you a copy of the bill so you can get a good laugh at all the "fees". Have a couple good stiff drinks first because you are gonna need them.

Re: College tuition [Re: WAWI] #15072670 05/14/24 12:32 PM
H2O Seeker Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
And make sure they bring you a copy of the bill so you can get a good laugh at all the "fees". Have a couple good stiff drinks first because you are gonna need them.

That is for sure.

With everything electronic make sure they provide you "parent access" with your own log in/password. You will need that to visualize grades but also to pay for everything. This will also be where you can see when you kid get parking tickets on campus too.

- Bill processing fee
- Library fee (SHe never stepped foot in the library only drove past it)
- Recreational use fee
- University fee
- Sports Pass processing fee
- Quarterly payment processing fee
- Parking ticket processing fee

This is just a partial list direct from my daughter's last statement....

Last edited by H2O Seeker; 05/14/24 12:32 PM.

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: College tuition [Re: WAWI] #15072674 05/14/24 12:35 PM
P
Patriot Guard Rider Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
P

Excellent plan! Regardless of the situation, if something is free you generally don't see the value.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Family is everything!

Life is precious. We don’t have forever. We have now. This moment. We can choose to love our lives now.

Re: College tuition [Re: H2O Seeker] #15072679 05/14/24 12:36 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by H2O Seeker

That is for sure.

With everything electronic make sure they provide you "parent access" with your own log in/password. You will need that to visualize grades but also to pay for everything. This will also be where you can see when you kid get parking tickets on campus too.

- Bill processing fee
- Library fee (SHe never stepped foot in the library only drove past it)
- Recreational use fee
- University fee
- Sports Pass processing fee
- Quarterly payment processing fee
- Parking ticket processing fee

This is just a partial list direct from my daughter's last statement....

Yup it goes on and on. I like the fee for food service. You either buy a meal plan that they barely use or pay a 400 or 500 dollar fee not to buy the meal plan lol.

Re: College tuition [Re: Patriot Guard Rider] #15072684 05/14/24 12:38 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Patriot Guard Rider

Excellent plan! Regardless of the situation, if something is free you generally don't see the value.

She pizzed me off. She fancies herself a trust fund kid or something. She is one f up away from me setting up a generational skipping trust.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide