Forums59
Topics1,041,181
Posts13,995,136
Members144,250
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Cowboys RB Depth Chart - Somethings missing [Re: TBassYates] #15062425 05/02/24 01:01 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Happykamper
Originally Posted by patriot07

The pick was a great pick, they were beat up by the media sports and the fans for making the pick at the time, Cowboys cannot be held responsible for a player getting a disease.

Frederick was a fine pick.

The problem is you can't get to #1 if you are letting 20 other teams pick guys in front of you for 7 rounds in a row, every single year.

How did the Patriots manage to do that ? How are the Chiefs doing that ? All the Cowboys and about 25 other teams need is a Brady or Mahomes, problem is, only one or two of those guys come around every 5 - 10 years.

Chiefs traded up to the top 10 picks get their QB, like I've suggested the Cowboys do numerous times.

Patriots were 8-8 and 5-11 the two years before Brady became starter. In case you missed it, they picked a hall of famer at #6 overall in 2001 after going 5-11. Seymour won 3 super bowls with the Patriots and was a huge part of Belicek's elite defense that always kept Brady in the game even when he (rarely) struggled.

I agree you need a Brady or Mahomes to win multiple titles. But if you keep paying guys you KNOW aren't Brady or Mahomes and aren't even remotely capable of winning in January, then you aren't even giving yourself a chance to find that guy. Did KC know Mahomes was that good? Of course not. But they took a chance and paid a lot to do it. They moved up from 27 to 10 to get him.

That said, you don't need a Brady or Mahomes to compete for one title. We aren't even doing that. You just need a Brock Purdy, Josh Allen, etc. to compete for titles. You know what you can't have? A QB that can't win in January and takes up $60M of your cap. Or a veteran RB with $6M in dead cap and $3M salary who hasn't been a top rusher in a half decade. These moves can't possibly be explained as an attempt to win a super bowl.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Cowboys RB Depth Chart - Somethings missing [Re: TBassYates] #15062433 05/02/24 01:05 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Tap the brakes on super bowls..... maybe win 2 playoff games in a year first.....

Re: Cowboys RB Depth Chart - Somethings missing [Re: CCTX] #15062435 05/02/24 01:05 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by CCTX
….and for the love of sweet baby Jesus, do not blow it on a running back that might be good for three years.

Don't worry, they will still need o line..... they always need o line lol

Re: Cowboys RB Depth Chart - Somethings missing [Re: patriot07] #15062444 05/02/24 01:10 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

The pick was a great pick, they were beat up by the media sports and the fans for making the pick at the time, Cowboys cannot be held responsible for a player getting a disease.

The problem is you can't get to #1 if you are letting 20 other teams pick guys in front of you for 7 rounds in a row, every single year.

How did the Patriots manage to do that ? How are the Chiefs doing that ? All the Cowboys and about 25 other teams need is a Brady or Mahomes, problem is, only one or two of those guys come around every 5 - 10 years.

Chiefs traded up to the top 10 picks get their QB, like I've suggested the Cowboys do numerous times.

Patriots were 8-8 and 5-11 the two years before Brady became starter. In case you missed it, they picked a hall of famer at #6 overall in 2001 after going 5-11. Seymour won 3 super bowls with the Patriots and was a huge part of Belicek's elite defense that always kept Brady in the game even when he (rarely) struggled.

I agree you need a Brady or Mahomes to win multiple titles. But if you keep paying guys you KNOW aren't Brady or Mahomes and aren't even remotely capable of winning in January, then you aren't even giving yourself a chance to find that guy. Did KC know Mahomes was that good? Of course not. But they took a chance and paid a lot to do it. They moved up from 27 to 10 to get him.

That said, you don't need a Brady or Mahomes to compete for one title. We aren't even doing that. You just need a Brock Purdy, Josh Allen, etc. to compete for titles. You know what you can't have? A QB that can't win in January and takes up $60M of your cap. Or a veteran RB with $6M in dead cap and $3M salary who hasn't been a top rusher in a half decade. These moves can't possibly be explained as an attempt to win a super bowl.

A rabbit in the hand is better than two in the bush.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cowboys RB Depth Chart - Somethings missing [Re: patriot07] #15062468 05/02/24 01:40 PM
S
Samsonsworld Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Samsonsworld
Did you claim the same thing about Tyler Smith, Micah Parsons, Travis Frederick ??

They only got 5 years out of Frederick. I'd stop using that as an example.

Zack Ertz went 3 picks later. Darious Slay, 4 picks. He was not a great pick. Centers are a dime a dozen and a waste of a 1st round pick imo. Half the guards in the draft can move to center. Unless your name is Larry Allen, the only OL position worth getting a 1st rounder is tackle.

Re: Cowboys RB Depth Chart - Somethings missing [Re: patriot07] #15062512 05/02/24 02:29 PM
B
BassFever Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B

Do you sit at home and think of ways Musk can run Tesla better, or how better GM can make trucks, etc etc? Get a life, Jerry didn't buy the Cowboys to make YOU happy.

Re: Cowboys RB Depth Chart - Somethings missing [Re: Happykamper] #15062521 05/02/24 02:34 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P

Second place is the first loser.

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Cowboys RB Depth Chart - Somethings missing [Re: BassFever] #15062523 05/02/24 02:35 PM
S
Samsonsworld Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by BassFever

Do you sit at home and think of ways Musk can run Tesla better,

By using gas engines? bolt

wink

Re: Cowboys RB Depth Chart - Somethings missing [Re: TBassYates] #15062525 05/02/24 02:35 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P

Do you sit at home and think of ways Musk can run Tesla better, or how better GM can make trucks, etc etc? Get a life, Jerry didn't buy the Cowboys to make YOU happy.

No

I also don't sit around on Sunday and watch Tesla make cars

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Cowboys RB Depth Chart - Somethings missing [Re: patriot07] #15062533 05/02/24 02:42 PM
B
BassFever Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B

No

I also don't sit around on Sunday and watch Tesla make cars

Why not, it seems you know it all?

Re: Cowboys RB Depth Chart - Somethings missing [Re: TBassYates] #15062596 05/02/24 04:18 PM
C
COFF Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C

Except we don't have a rabbit. We have a schizophrenic squirrel who is at best unreliable in high pressure situations. At worst, he is the opposing team's MVP.

Re: Cowboys RB Depth Chart - Somethings missing [Re: patriot07] #15062603 05/02/24 04:23 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

That said, you don't need a Brady or Mahomes to compete for one title. We aren't even doing that. You just need a Brock Purdy, Josh
Allen, etc. to compete for titles. You know what you can't have? A QB that can't win in January and takes up $60M of your cap. Or a veteran RB with $6M in dead cap and $3M salary who hasn't been a top rusher in a half decade. These moves can't possibly be explained as an attempt to win a super bowl.

Here is the deal, I am a business owner, I look at the Cowboys from a business standpoint, I am also a fan, I want the Cowboys to do well, but I know they are going to do things the way they see fit, just as well accept it because the Cowboys are going to belong to the Jone's family for a long time. You are a fan, you could care less about the business part of it, it is not costing or making you any money, you just want a winner, which is fine ( I do as well ), you really only have two choices, either just go with it ( because it is not changing anytime soon ) or just dump the team and go root for the teams with the all world QB's.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cowboys RB Depth Chart - Somethings missing [Re: Happykamper] #15062624 05/02/24 05:16 PM
C
COFF Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C

That said, you don't need a Brady or Mahomes to compete for one title. We aren't even doing that. You just need a Brock Purdy, Josh
Allen, etc. to compete for titles. You know what you can't have? A QB that can't win in January and takes up $60M of your cap. Or a veteran RB with $6M in dead cap and $3M salary who hasn't been a top rusher in a half decade. These moves can't possibly be explained as an attempt to win a super bowl.

Here is the deal, I am a business owner, I look at the Cowboys from a business standpoint, I am also a fan, I want the Cowboys to do well, but I know they are going to do things the way they see fit, just as well accept it because the Cowboys are going to belong to the Jone's family for a long time. You are a fan, you could care less about the business part of it, it is not costing or making you any money, you just want a winner, which is fine ( I do as well ), you really only have two choices, either just go with it ( because it is not changing anytime soon ) or just dump the team and go root for the teams with the all world QB's.

But then what are we supposed to come on here and bitch about?

Re: Cowboys RB Depth Chart - Somethings missing [Re: TBassYates] #15062672 05/02/24 06:17 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
We can all keep on bitchin, its what makes this forum so much fun thumb

[Linked Image]
Re: Cowboys RB Depth Chart - Somethings missing [Re: TBassYates] #15062763 05/02/24 07:26 PM
R
RKT Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
I just want to see the Cowboys run another trick play with Zeke playing center again. He was awesome the first time.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide