Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Stock Market [Re: skeeterokc] #15049475 04/17/24 11:07 PM
J
John Peebles Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
For years people have told me don't look at you portfolio every day. I say BS, I got out of all my (Apple at $194 and Tesla at $240) stocks at the start of 2024 after reading as much as I could get a hold of, which did not paint a bright picture. I did take a hit on AMD, but sold %75 before the big drop, but my ride or die stocks for at least the next 10 years are Amz, Nvda, SMCI. I got in early enough on those that even if they drop %50 I'm still in the green. When it comes down to it, it's all about timing and risk tolerance. I'm just gonna hold what I have until after the elections now.

Re: Stock Market [Re: gander] #15049619 04/18/24 01:47 AM
F
franchi Offline
Angler
Angler
F
Originally Posted by gander
At what age does one not become a long-term investor or risk taker in the stock market?..I think I am there, and I may take my $ in stocks and put in safe places. I don't think at my age 65 that I want a big downturn and then look have to risk a long-term recovery that may not happen in my lifetime. I am already quite diversified, but thinking anything in stocks is not in my best interest....anybody else thinking along these lines ?

If you plan on dieing in 5 years your there

Re: Stock Market [Re: John Peebles] #15049681 04/18/24 03:06 AM
S
Scagnetti Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by TxBassSniper
For years people have told me don't look at you portfolio every day. I say BS, I got out of all my (Apple at $194 and Tesla at $240) stocks at the start of 2024 after reading as much as I could get a hold of, which did not paint a bright picture. I did take a hit on AMD, but sold %75 before the big drop, but my ride or die stocks for at least the next 10 years are Amz, Nvda, SMCI. I got in early enough on those that even if they drop %50 I'm still in the green. When it comes down to it, it's all about timing and risk tolerance. I'm just gonna hold what I have until after the elections now.

Your understanding of the market is pedestrian and borders on buffoonery.

Through astute analysis and strategic foresight, my portfolio has realized staggering returns over the last 90 days. For instance, by capitalizing on the meteoric rise of Zoom Video Communications, my investments in the company yielded an astounding 7,000% return. Similarly, my early recognition of the transformative potential of Shopify's e-commerce platform resulted in a remarkable 5,000% return on that investment. Such remarkable success underscores the value of a sophisticated, Ivy League-educated approach to navigating the complexities of the stock market, a level of understanding that rurally Texas educated rubes regrettably, often lack.

[Linked Image]

Re: Stock Market [Re: John Peebles] #15049712 04/18/24 03:35 AM
S
Stump jumper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S

I didn't until BOFA started posting my net worth a month ago. I like to check checking account and credit cards for activity. My BOFA was skimmed at Avalon early this year and some Mexican cleaning service charged it. Not a bright idea for the COEs to put an old style credit card reader at a gate. Cash boxes were fine with me. Seeing my net worth makes me curious about what the market is doing but I don't necessarily check investments.

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: Stock Market [Re: Scagnetti] #15049852 04/18/24 12:57 PM
wsimpson Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Scagnetti

Through astute analysis and strategic foresight, my portfolio has realized staggering returns over the last 90 days. For instance, by capitalizing on the meteoric rise of Zoom Video Communications, my investments in the company yielded an astounding 7,000% return. Similarly, my early recognition of the transformative potential of Shopify's e-commerce platform resulted in a remarkable 5,000% return on that investment. Such remarkable success underscores the value of a sophisticated, Ivy League-educated approach to navigating the complexities of the stock market, a level of understanding that rurally Texas educated rubes regrettably, often lack.

Vocabulary, articulation, and satire: A+; humility: D-. Omniscient, boastful retail day/swing traders come and go, y’all…

Re: Stock Market [Re: RCarter] #15049858 04/18/24 01:02 PM
L
lconn4 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted by RCarter
Originally Posted by T Bird
Buying opportunity on the the right ones! thumb

I'm bolt

buy the puts bolt

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: Stock Market [Re: Scagnetti] #15049859 04/18/24 01:03 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G

This is a chat gpt response

Last edited by grandbassslayer; 04/18/24 01:03 PM.
Re: Stock Market [Re: T Bird] #15049866 04/18/24 01:12 PM
Q
Quillback Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Q
Originally Posted by T Bird
Buying opportunity on the the right ones! thumb

Yep, I'm another long term investor. As someone once said - "The time to buy is when there is blood in the streets".

Re: Stock Market [Re: grandbassslayer] #15049876 04/18/24 01:20 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

Nah, thats just a skagnetti response-
He sometimes will lower himself to be among the rually texas rubes-

Be honored -

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Stock Market [Re: gander] #15049880 04/18/24 01:22 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
At what age does one not become a long-term investor or risk taker in the stock market?..I think I am there, and I may take my $ in stocks and put in safe places. I don't think at my age 65 that I want a big downturn and then look have to risk a long-term recovery that may not happen in my lifetime. I am already quite diversified, but thinking anything in stocks is not in my best interest....anybody else thinking along these lines ?

As mentioned above, consider dividend paying stocks.
I'm retiring at the end of this year. My dividends will generate close to $3100 a month in passive income.

Originally Posted by OTFF
He is truly a sick individual.
Re: Stock Market [Re: gander] #15049884 04/18/24 01:25 PM
Q
Quillback Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Q

You might want to talk to an independent financial advisor. They can look at your investments and give you a risk analysis. You also need to look at whether the alternatives you are considering will provide you with the income you'll need for potentially another 20 years.

Re: Stock Market [Re: grandbassslayer] #15049887 04/18/24 01:26 PM
J
John Peebles Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

When it comes down to it the stock market is just legalized gambling, none of us have access to the inside information that it takes makes millionaires overnight . I turned 25K into just over 40K in less than a year. If you did better good for you. But at the end of the day I don't really GAF.

Re: Stock Market [Re: skeeterokc] #15049893 04/18/24 01:31 PM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
In about 8 months the stock market will once again soar under the new leadership of DJT... Dan breakdance

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Stock Market [Re: skeeterokc] #15049960 04/18/24 02:39 PM
F
Frenzy Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
I feel confident just buying the SP500 anytime. Given 5/10/15/20 year rolling returns since '73, it's a safe bet more often than not. There's not been a negative 15yr rolling return on the SP500.

https://www.thebalancemoney.com/rolling-index-returns-4061795

Re: Stock Market [Re: skeeterokc] #15049969 04/18/24 02:49 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
The very best financial advisors have had a hard time beating the S&P over the past five ten year intervals...especially when you factor in low cost no load ETFs and mutual funds that replicate the S&P while avoiding the commissions on trades financial advisors enjoy so much.

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide