B.K.S. Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by JackMason
Originally Posted by Harleydude
Tournament fishing is full of douche bags at all levels. This should be no surprise

Well the social media posts sure have brought a bunch of them out of the woodwork.

Agree. Clearly lots of guys not caring about tournament rules. What happened to integrity?

I don't think this is anything new. It's always gone on and it always will.

"Growing the sport" sure isn't helping either!

B.K.S.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Upshaw and Bryan New DQ [Re: Minner Bucket] #15031348 03/30/24 02:08 AM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
I figure if you have 100 entries 1 or 2 or gonna flat out cheat some how, another 10 would if they thought they could get away with it. Then 10 or 15 more will act like total dirt bags cutting people off, fishing all over the top of people just little stuff like that. The rest will act like proper and decent people. Basically 20 or 25 percent of the people cause all the problems.

Re: Upshaw and Bryan New DQ [Re: grout-scout] #15031361 03/30/24 02:19 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by grout-scout
I’m not a fan of New either, just something about the way he says stuff.

He's seems angry and needs an attitude adjustment, just watch the Zaldain video where he's showing all the Elite boats sonar setups

Re: Upshaw and Bryan New DQ [Re: WAWI] #15031449 03/30/24 05:39 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
New acts like the bitter angry dude from the trailer court

#MFGA
Re: Upshaw and Bryan New DQ [Re: WAWI] #15031527 03/30/24 01:09 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
I figure if you have 100 entries 1 or 2 or gonna flat out cheat some how, another 10 would if they thought they could get away with it. Then 10 or 15 more will act like total dirt bags cutting people off, fishing all over the top of people just little stuff like that. The rest will act like proper and decent people. Basically 20 or 25 percent of the people cause all the problems.

My dad used to tournament fish back in the day, and basically said this same thing.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Upshaw and Bryan New DQ [Re: Douglas J] #15031572 03/30/24 02:31 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Douglas J
New acts like the bitter angry dude from the trailer court

What’s the trailer court?

Re: Upshaw and Bryan New DQ [Re: Minner Bucket] #15031594 03/30/24 02:43 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Bryan New would be a great fit over at MLF and the BPT tour.

Re: Upshaw and Bryan New DQ [Re: grout-scout] #15031606 03/30/24 02:49 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Bryan New would be a great fit over at MLF and the BPT tour.

His “New” clothing line #FAU Something about Fishing Around Ugly Stiks…

Re: Upshaw and Bryan New DQ [Re: WAWI] #15031711 03/30/24 05:33 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D

Here is a good one for you,

If you see a competitor violate a rule (fishing early) and you inform the team they are fishing early and they call the TD and then the TD contacts you and asks you to "inspect" their livewells to "clear them", lol. We said no and that is not our duty nor do we want that responsibility to the field, since they obviously violated a rule that should be a no brainer and they should just go home and come back next week.

Then said "early fishing" team comes in with the heaviest sack. Then when the TD is asked why they were allowed to compete after violating a rather important rule a big [censored] show ensues. He finally DQ's the team after several other teams question about the issue. Then one of the DQ'ed team members wants to fight. Well then he decides that is not a good option when his challenge is accepted and his bluff is called. After all is said and done TD tells us that he doesn't want issues and acts as if we did something wrong.

Oh, the best part is the early fishing team's boater is also the TD's Bass Champs partner to this day, lol

you cannot make this [censored] up roflmao

#MFGA
Re: Upshaw and Bryan New DQ [Re: Douglas J] #15031719 03/30/24 05:43 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

If you see a competitor violate a rule (fishing early) and you inform the team they are fishing early and they call the TD and then the TD contacts you and asks you to "inspect" their livewells to "clear them", lol. We said no and that is not our duty nor do we want that responsibility to the field, since they obviously violated a rule that should be a no brainer and they should just go home and come back next week.

Then said "early fishing" team comes in with the heaviest sack. Then when the TD is asked why they were allowed to compete after violating a rather important rule a big [censored] show ensues. He finally DQ's the team after several other teams question about the issue. Then one of the DQ'ed team members wants to fight. Well then he decides that is not a good option when his challenge is accepted and his bluff is called. After all is said and done TD tells us that he doesn't want issues and acts as if we did something wrong.

Oh, the best part is the early fishing team's boater is also the TD's Bass Champs partner to this day, lol

I had something similar in a different circuit. Several boats saw a guy pull up and start fishing. The rules were launch at X time and start fishing at 6AM. It was clearly before 6, I believe 7 minutes and he pulled up with numerous other boats not fishing and started fishing.
They were several hundred yards from us but other boats were closer to him. At weigh in I told him that he started early and he told me he was with the TD, a friend of his, till just before the tournament started. He could not have possibly driven to the place he started before the tournament was his claim and the TD agreed. I still wrote out a protest and each of the fishermen failed their polygraph and were DQed.

I felt bad for them because they just didn't look but a rule is a rule and it was not fair to the other competitors.

Re: Upshaw and Bryan New DQ [Re: Allison1] #15031723 03/30/24 05:46 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Allison1

I had something similar in a different circuit. Several boats saw a guy pull up and start fishing. The rules were launch at X time and start fishing at 6AM. It was clearly before 6, I believe 7 minutes and he pulled up with numerous other boats not fishing and started fishing.
They were several hundred yards from us but other boats were closer to him. At weigh in I told him that he started early and he told me he was with the TD, a friend of his, till just before the tournament started. He could not have possibly driven to the place he started before the tournament was his claim and the TD agreed. I still wrote out a protest and each of the fishermen failed their polygraph and were DQed.

I felt bad for them because they just didn't look but a rule is a rule and it was not fair to the other competitors.

I never named the "Circuit".

I said one of the "DQ'ed" was the TD's partner in Bass Champs still to this day.

#MFGA
Re: Upshaw and Bryan New DQ [Re: Minner Bucket] #15031820 03/30/24 07:28 PM
handsome Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Bryan New's actions resulted in a FULL tournament disqualification that carries implications on entering other tournaments in other organizations. I don't agree with what he did but he only prevented anglers from catching one fish.

Last year I was at the Bassmaster Open at Lake Eufaula where I was involved with a certain lawyer and Tucker Smith. His actions of holesitting or "not stopping the lawyer from yelling at me" prevented me and other anglers from fishing a huge school of fish (the winning school of fish) all day. I am not saying this impacted our entire seasons but it could have. Tucker Smith was disqualified by the same rule Bryan New was disqualified for by "interfering with another angler's ability to compete". Tucker Smith's one day disqualification allowed him to fish other events and even win the ACA college national championship that year. ACA has a rule that prevents anglers who've been disqualified to compete.

I don't like what Bryan New did but it seems much steeper for something that is less severe than holesitting. Seems like Bassmaster is enforcing rules like Major League Fishing.

713-835-2eight eight 7
hughctx@gmail.com
Re: Upshaw and Bryan New DQ [Re: handsome] #15031961 03/30/24 10:08 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by handsome
Bryan New's actions resulted in a FULL tournament disqualification that carries implications on entering other tournaments in other organizations. I don't agree with what he did but he only prevented anglers from catching one fish.

Last year I was at the Bassmaster Open at Lake Eufaula where I was involved with a certain lawyer and Tucker Smith. His actions of holesitting or "not stopping the lawyer from yelling at me" prevented me and other anglers from fishing a huge school of fish (the winning school of fish) all day. I am not saying this impacted our entire seasons but it could have. Tucker Smith was disqualified by the same rule Bryan New was disqualified for by "interfering with another angler's ability to compete". Tucker Smith's one day disqualification allowed him to fish other events and even win the ACA college national championship that year. ACA has a rule that prevents anglers who've been disqualified to compete.

I don't like what Bryan New did but it seems much steeper for something that is less severe than holesitting. Seems like Bassmaster is enforcing rules like Major League Fishing.

This was one of those where do you draw the line situations, BASS has made their decision and set the precedent.

Re: Upshaw and Bryan New DQ [Re: handsome] #15031979 03/30/24 10:23 PM
Minner Bucket Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by handsome

Ahhh, the BOSS!!!

Re: Upshaw and Bryan New DQ [Re: Douglas J] #15032029 03/30/24 11:22 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W

Fishing early, culling dead fish, getting info during off-limits, I figure some of this goes on in every tournament. Whether it is guys who have to cash a check because they are broke, or their ego just doesn't allow otherwise. I think the info rule might as well just be done away with at certain events all together

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide