Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Texas Roadhouse [Re: grandbassslayer] #15028508 03/27/24 02:43 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by Fishspanker

There is nothing Texas about Texas Roadhouse. It’s just a concept.

Let be honest, this actually sums up the entire state of Texas nowadays.

Not really.

Re: Texas Roadhouse [Re: Fishspanker] #15028518 03/27/24 02:50 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
I have eaten at quite a few TR around the country. They are pretty consistent. Food is reasonably priced against others. For steak the sirloin is probably the best quality on a cut of steak. Their Ribeye and New York strip aren’t as good when all are compared against other mid level steak 🥩 restaurants. I would think it’s because there isn’t as much market competition for sirloins. Ribeyes and NY Strips are more popular.

They keep pretty busy. Always noisy. First restaurant was in Clarksville IN. There is nothing Texas about Texas Roadhouse. It’s just a concept.

When they started they went hard after multi unit guys and outback proprietors. The had a compensation package that allowed the multi unit guys to make as much running 1 store as running 5 or 6 stores which made for a lot less head aches. Outback was in the middle of screwing over their proprietors by chamgung their pay structure, the original ones were really good operators, guys like Marty with Marty Bs if any of you have been there, the original outbacks guys were some of the best food operators in casual dining and many went in to start very good places of their own. . Roadhouse managed to put together a really solid core of management in their company. They are head and shoulders the best in the casual game now.

Re: Texas Roadhouse [Re: Pilothawk] #15028546 03/27/24 03:02 AM
M
McLovin’ Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
They are embarrassing to real Texas steakhouses

My family up north ask me how often we eat at Tx roadhouse…I tell them about once a year….if that

Re: Texas Roadhouse [Re: WAWI] #15028548 03/27/24 03:04 AM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by WAWI
I have eaten at quite a few TR around the country. They are pretty consistent. Food is reasonably priced against others. For steak the sirloin is probably the best quality on a cut of steak. Their Ribeye and New York strip aren’t as good when all are compared against other mid level steak 🥩 restaurants. I would think it’s because there isn’t as much market competition for sirloins. Ribeyes and NY Strips are more popular.

They keep pretty busy. Always noisy. First restaurant was in Clarksville IN. There is nothing Texas about Texas Roadhouse. It’s just a concept.

When they started they went hard after multi unit guys and outback proprietors. The had a compensation package that allowed the multi unit guys to make as much running 1 store as running 5 or 6 stores which made for a lot less head aches. Outback was in the middle of screwing over their proprietors by chamgung their pay structure, the original ones were really good operators, guys like Marty with Marty Bs if any of you have been there, the original outbacks guys were some of the best food operators in casual dining and many went in to start very good places of their own. . Roadhouse managed to put together a really solid core of management in their company. They are head and shoulders the best in the casual game now.

Are these restaurants ran with a local minority owner?

Re: Texas Roadhouse [Re: Pilothawk] #15028600 03/27/24 07:10 AM
Bandit 200 XP Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Good things : Sirloin Steak , Chicken Tenders , Salad , Rattlesnake bites , Loaded Mash Potatoes , grilled shrimp on top of garlic bread

Re: Texas Roadhouse [Re: Dognot] #15028632 03/27/24 11:16 AM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Dognot
Originally Posted by Ghost4BH
It's a safe bet. They are usually well run. Is it a world class steak? No. They check all the boxes for a solid family place. Ate at one last night.

Agree. I’ve never had a bad meal at TR.

This^^^^^

I'm in this group - never had a bad meal at TR

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Texas Roadhouse [Re: grandbassslayer] #15028633 03/27/24 11:17 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W

Are these restaurants ran with a local minority owner?

Unless it's changed they originally had a proprietor deal much like outbacks original deal or chic fi le. It's been a long time since I have heard what they are doing now but I suspect it's still the same

Re: Texas Roadhouse [Re: grandbassslayer] #15028634 03/27/24 11:17 AM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R

There is nothing Texas about Texas Roadhouse. It’s just a concept.

Let be honest, this actually sums up the entire state of Texas nowadays.

Rilly? How long you been here and how old are ya?

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Texas Roadhouse [Re: WAWI] #15028812 03/27/24 02:14 PM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Marty has nice little business in the Flower Mound/Argyle/Bartonville area. Marty B’s food is just ok, but he has a great atmosphere. His other restaurants in the area are doing pretty well too….his steak house in Lakeside Flower Mound is pretty meh though. We really like his Rustico restaurant in FloMo.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide