S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by Barrett
I saw a tik tok where this guy had interviewed a relative (not the fb poster) and said graphs malfunctioned and they were traveling at a speed of 25....

25….🤷‍♂️🤣… allegedly….

GPS? Or Speedo? roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Boat Wreck on Rayburn [Re: Barrett] #15014081 03/11/24 05:35 PM
S
sjrizzo Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Amen, Barrett. Thank you for your honesty and humility. So many other guys on this forum pretend that they are infallible.

sjr
Re: Boat Wreck on Rayburn [Re: RKT] #15014092 03/11/24 05:52 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
If they were running Hummingbird units they certainly could have had an issue, I had a Solix that mapping wouldn’t keep up with the boat and know a few others that had the same issue.

Re: Boat Wreck on Rayburn [Re: Skeeterbug 1] #15014098 03/11/24 05:58 PM
S
sjrizzo Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Amen. I’ve been there. Some of the guys on this forum think they can see everything clearly after the fact from behind their keyboards or cell phones. Maybe our driver’s licenses should be suspended the first time we drive over the speed limit?

sjr
Re: Boat Wreck on Rayburn [Re: sjrizzo] #15014104 03/11/24 06:04 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by sjrizzo
Amen. I’ve been there. Some of the guys on this forum think they can see everything clearly after the fact from behind their keyboards or cell phones. Maybe our driver’s licenses should be suspended the first time we drive over the speed limit?

Gimme a break if you are on plane with zero visibility and relying “solely” on your “solix” then you are irresponsible. I get it we all have acted like clowns before but you act like we can’t call a spade a spade.

Re: Boat Wreck on Rayburn [Re: RKT] #15014158 03/11/24 07:10 PM
F
Floon Swenson Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
There is no question from the wreckage that the boat should have been travelling slower. I don't have a clue what actually happened, but there's zero doubt that excessive speed played a substantial role in the outcome.

I need to be able to stop or course correct for things in front of the boat. If I can't do that, I'm travelling too fast.

Re: Boat Wreck on Rayburn [Re: Caymas Cx 21] #15014162 03/11/24 07:11 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21
If they were running Hummingbird units they certainly could have had an issue, I had a Solix that mapping wouldn’t keep up with the boat and know a few others that had the same issue.

That sled ain’t that fast roflmao

Re: Boat Wreck on Rayburn [Re: tmd11111] #15014164 03/11/24 07:13 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by tmd11111

Show how bad Hummingbird sucks!

Re: Boat Wreck on Rayburn [Re: RKT] #15014165 03/11/24 07:14 PM
Phoenix_Ed Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Prayers for healing for both guys. I agree with Barrett, I tried to idle over to Monterrey in the fog from Cassel, kept going in circles. It can mess with your head.

Wishin I was fishin!! ..............>(((//*>
2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 4 Stroke - Ultrex
Her name is Novia Número Cinco.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega DI - Helix 12 Mega SI - Mega 360
PB Largemouth - 9.51 - Toledo Bend - March 2014
Re: Boat Wreck on Rayburn [Re: Caymas Cx 21] #15014167 03/11/24 07:17 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

I can out run all 3 of my Helix’s

Re: Boat Wreck on Rayburn [Re: tmd11111] #15014188 03/11/24 07:55 PM
F
fishnfireman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F

I can out run all 3 of my Helix’s

Need a Solix-----hell my Allisons have never outran them.

Re: Boat Wreck on Rayburn [Re: grandbassslayer] #15014351 03/11/24 11:20 PM
S
sjrizzo Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
I agree, but who said he had “zero visibility” and was relying “solely” on his GPS? I wasn’t there, so I don’t know. I do know that in a similar incident I experienced, my visibility was somewhat limited by spotty fog, and I was relying partially on my GPS. I saw two boats that I thought were way offshore, and I slowed down and moved around the boats a safe distance only to realize that I was heading straight toward the bank. I had slowed down but not enough to stop in time to avoid beaching the boat. I guess the fog (though only spotty) had me disoriented, and no, I had not been drinking, doing drugs, texting, etc. Should I have been going slower? Absolutely. And I learned a valuable lesson about navigating in any amount of fog. I also believe in “calling a spade a spade,” but my aforementioned experience has shown me how easily and quickly things can happen. Did the boater in question do something immoral? Did he intend to wreck his boat and injure his partner? I seriously doubt it. Have you ever made a mistake on the water, even something as simple as forgetting to put in your plug? What purpose does wagging a finger at this guy serve? I’m not trying to argue with you. I’m just trying to clarify my perspective, and I certainly could be missing something. Anyway, I pray for the partner’s recovery, and I pray that we all stay safe on and off the water.

sjr
Re: Boat Wreck on Rayburn [Re: RKT] #15014358 03/11/24 11:32 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
A GPS map is not radar, you can operate in fog with radar. It's pretty cool actually

#MFGA
Re: Boat Wreck on Rayburn [Re: sjrizzo] #15014373 03/12/24 12:05 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
I agree, but who said he had “zero visibility” and was relying “solely” on his GPS? I wasn’t there, so I don’t know. I do know that in a similar incident I experienced, my visibility was somewhat limited by spotty fog, and I was relying partially on my GPS. I saw two boats that I thought were way offshore, and I slowed down and moved around the boats a safe distance only to realize that I was heading straight toward the bank. I had slowed down but not enough to stop in time to avoid beaching the boat. I guess the fog (though only spotty) had me disoriented, and no, I had not been drinking, doing drugs, texting, etc. Should I have been going slower? Absolutely. And I learned a valuable lesson about navigating in any amount of fog. I also believe in “calling a spade a spade,” but my aforementioned experience has shown me how easily and quickly things can happen. Did the boater in question do something immoral? Did he intend to wreck his boat and injure his partner? I seriously doubt it. Have you ever made a mistake on the water, even something as simple as forgetting to put in your plug? What purpose does wagging a finger at this guy serve? I’m not trying to argue with you. I’m just trying to clarify my perspective, and I certainly could be missing something. Anyway, I pray for the partner’s recovery, and I pray that we all stay safe on and off the water.

Public shaming may prevent one person from doing the same. Small price to pay. Get over it. I high performance bass boat isn’t a toy. It can get someone hurt. If bringing to light the actions of one saves another….then I guess it’s all good. This guy learned his lesson the hard way. Reading about it and hearing how preventable it was is learning the easy way.

This isn’t about you…you learned your lesson and have compassion towards the guy just wrecked his boat. That’s good. This really isn’t about this guy and his lesson with his boat. It’s about maybe possibly preventing someone else from thinking it’s “all good”…when it ain’t.

cheers

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Boat Wreck on Rayburn [Re: SteezMacQueen] #15014526 03/12/24 02:36 AM
L
leethefishking Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Public shaming may prevent one person from doing the same. Small price to pay. Get over it. I high performance bass boat isn’t a toy. It can get someone hurt. If bringing to light the actions of one saves another….then I guess it’s all good. This guy learned his lesson the hard way. Reading about it and hearing how preventable it was is learning the easy way.

This isn’t about you…you learned your lesson and have compassion towards the guy just wrecked his boat. That’s good. This really isn’t about this guy and his lesson with his boat. It’s about maybe possibly preventing someone else from thinking it’s “all good”…when it ain’t.

cheers
I agree, society should call out people that do dangerous things. I don’t know why it has to become some secret thing that people shouldn’t talk about.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide