Re: Milliken [Re: Cuervo Jones] #14988754 02/14/24 05:51 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Cuervo Jones
Agreed.
This is a bass fishing subforum on a board dedicated to fishing.
If you think it's so insignificant, why even bother being here?
No, it's not changing the world...but it IS contributing much needed $$ for conservation, water management, etc.
And it helps millions of people unwind and get a mental cushion from the day to day [censored] that affects us all.
So, it IS important to many.
And a guy who can go out on any given day and catch fish many of us would consider a lifetime achievement is somebody worthy to be held in esteem.
Again, just my opinion.

No fisherman should be held in more esteem than any other. Why is he more important than anyone else who buys a fishing license? Being a "stick" or a "hammer" or any other stupid cliche name fisherman give each other means absolutely nothing in the importance of life. All that stuff you named, he isn't doing any of that. Y'all treat this guy like he is God, which I am pretty sure is a sin, and at the end of the day you guys are nothing more than clicks and a way for him to make money. He doesn't want to be friends with you guys.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Milliken [Re: nfhbass] #14988769 02/14/24 06:05 PM
C
Cuervo Jones Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
C
I don’t see that I said any of that in my post.
Perhaps you’re confusing me with somebody else?

“Slide”
Re: Milliken [Re: nfhbass] #14988773 02/14/24 06:10 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Josh, have you not seen the world? Look at all the people that drool over Hollywood stars, look at the paparazzi and how they harass famous people and it’s because someone will pay for their garbage. If some of these weirdos want to look up to Milliken, so be it, they could pick someone a lot worse. I’d rather someone praise Milliken, than the bluegill using guy.

And I totally get what you’re saying, because I’m like you; but there plenty of opposites. Just look at the elections. bang

Re: Milliken [Re: nfhbass] #14988780 02/14/24 06:13 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Let he who has never used a delicious, juicy bluegill on a c-rig cast the first stone.

[Linked Image]
Re: Milliken [Re: J.H.S.] #14988784 02/14/24 06:15 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by J.H.S.
Originally Posted by JackMason
What I don't get is the infatuation. Every move he makes someone is all over it like a 13 year Taylor Swift fan. I am not a fan or a hater, he is just another guy throwing colored plastic in the water trying to catch a fish. Guys on here blowing their drawers like he is savings lives or something. Apologies for offending any of the "millies" on here.

Not a fan or hater either, but he's definitely not "just another guy throwing plastics trying to catch a fish." The guy consistently catches pigs which I find pretty impressive. So impressive that now I need to change my drawers.

At the end of the days it's fishing. It's not saving lives or fighting for our freedoms. Fishing is one of the most insignificant sports in the world, and 99.9% of the population could care less about "catching pigs", especially bass, but some of you gargle it until it bleeds.

Resident troll will be along shortly to tell you how good it tastes

Re: Milliken [Re: nfhbass] #14988790 02/14/24 06:19 PM
J
JackMason Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
J
I get it now.

Re: Milliken [Re: grout-scout] #14988829 02/14/24 06:48 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Josh, have you not seen the world? Look at all the people that drool over Hollywood stars, look at the paparazzi and how they harass famous people and it’s because someone will pay for their garbage. If some of these weirdos want to look up to Milliken, so be it, they could pick someone a lot worse. I’d rather someone praise Milliken, than the bluegill using guy.

And I totally get what you’re saying, because I’m like you; but there plenty of opposites. Just look at the elections. bang

And those people are crazy to. Idolizing anyone is absurd and sinful. No man should be held to a higher esteem than the other. The grandad that takes his grandson minnow fishing from the bank is no less of a fisherman or important (in my eyes) than someone who fishes professionally and has a ton of clicks on YouTube. Miliken is just a guy living out his dream. Thats it. Maybe the grandad is living out his. Not everyone that enjoys this sport wants to be sponsored or make a living at it. I know I don’t. I don’t need a jersey and a discounted sponsorship. To me, everyone who fishes is no more or no less important than the next guy.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Milliken [Re: nfhbass] #14988838 02/14/24 06:58 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
thumb I agree, but we are the minority. There wouldn’t be any sponsorship if we were the majority.

Re: Milliken [Re: JackMason] #14988839 02/14/24 06:59 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
What I don't get is the infatuation. Every move he makes someone is all over it like a 13 year Taylor Swift fan. I am not a fan or a hater, he is just another guy throwing colored plastic in the water trying to catch a fish. Guys on here blowing their drawers like he is savings lives or something. Apologies for offending any of the "millies" on here.

Not a fan or hater either, but he's definitely not "just another guy throwing plastics trying to catch a fish." The guy consistently catches pigs which I find pretty impressive. So impressive that now I need to change my drawers.

Haha.

He knows WTF he’s doing. He ain’t just another guy throwing plastics….that would describe me. roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Milliken [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14988842 02/14/24 07:04 PM
L
lconn4 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Haha.

He knows WTF he’s doing. He ain’t just another guy throwing plastics….that would describe me. roflmao

my only complaint about him is that his reels sound like they have all been trashed by big fish roflmao anyone else notice that?

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: Milliken [Re: lconn4] #14988843 02/14/24 07:05 PM
J
JackMason Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by lconn4

Haha.

my only complaint about him is that his reels sound like they have all been trashed by big fish roflmao anyone else notice that?

All the time!

Re: Milliken [Re: J.H.S.] #14988844 02/14/24 07:07 PM
J
JackMason Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by grout-scout

And those people are crazy to. Idolizing anyone is absurd and sinful. No man should be held to a higher esteem than the other. The grandad that takes his grandson minnow fishing from the bank is no less of a fisherman or important (in my eyes) than someone who fishes professionally and has a ton of clicks on YouTube. Miliken is just a guy living out his dream. Thats it. Maybe the grandad is living out his. Not everyone that enjoys this sport wants to be sponsored or make a living at it. I know I don’t. I don’t need a jersey and a discounted sponsorship. To me, everyone who fishes is no more or no less important than the next guy.

Sinful? Stretching a bit aren't you?

Re: Milliken [Re: lconn4] #14988846 02/14/24 07:09 PM
N
nfhbass Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted by lconn4

Haha.

He’s went from the middle of the road Shimano Ultegra to top shelf Daiwa Exist, his drag was singing in his last video. Steez approved?

Re: Milliken [Re: nfhbass] #14988848 02/14/24 07:12 PM
S
Strugglebus Offline
Angler
Angler
S
I hold the grandpa in high esteem. I guess I am a sinner too...

Re: Milliken [Re: nfhbass] #14988884 02/14/24 07:46 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
The Exist is a bad reel!!

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread