Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Lithium batteries [Re: Mark Perry] #14873957 10/21/23 11:56 PM
skeeterfan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I’m sure there are others that are good but the combination of Ionic Lithium and the service from Drewcraft Marine has been above and beyond all expectations. I have 3 50AH for Ultrex and a 125AH for starter. I can get 2 full days out of the 50AH batteries and probably 3 if I wanted to without charging.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Lithium batteries [Re: Mark Perry] #14873998 10/22/23 01:00 AM
4Weight Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I switched to lithiums about 6 weeks ago.. I contacted Ionic on the advice of some people I trust. We spoke a bit a bit and I decided on a set including a starting battery.. they had every chance to up sell me on bigger batteries and a charger and they didn't. They told me my MK charger would work just fine and it has. They recommended a lesser package than I originally thought I needed. Every part of the buying process was simple. Great customer service, fast shipping and low prices. Not near as pricey as I figured.
Been nothing but impressed by the batteries so far. Rarely drop under 85% even after a long day of fishing in the wind. I stay on the TM a lot too. Even after 2 days of fishing I've yet to go below 75%. I just have 3 of the 50ah on a 2021 Skeeter ZXR20 with a 112 Ultrex. My cranking battery has never been below 95% even with FFS and 360. The phone app to monitor them is great as well

I saved a ton of weight by switching and my boat did lose any speed or handling either. Drafts a bit shallower now too.

Doesn’t that MK charger you have have a Lithium option?

Aztec Anglers San Juan River Guide Service
www.aztecanglers.com
Re: Lithium batteries [Re: 4Weight] #14874000 10/22/23 01:02 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by 4Weight
I switched to lithiums about 6 weeks ago.. I contacted Ionic on the advice of some people I trust. We spoke a bit a bit and I decided on a set including a starting battery.. they had every chance to up sell me on bigger batteries and a charger and they didn't. They told me my MK charger would work just fine and it has. They recommended a lesser package than I originally thought I needed. Every part of the buying process was simple. Great customer service, fast shipping and low prices. Not near as pricey as I figured.
Been nothing but impressed by the batteries so far. Rarely drop under 85% even after a long day of fishing in the wind. I stay on the TM a lot too. Even after 2 days of fishing I've yet to go below 75%. I just have 3 of the 50ah on a 2021 Skeeter ZXR20 with a 112 Ultrex. My cranking battery has never been below 95% even with FFS and 360. The phone app to monitor them is great as well

I saved a ton of weight by switching and my boat did lose any speed or handling either. Drafts a bit shallower now too.

The PC model does not. The PCL model does. I have the PC.
No.

Re: Lithium batteries [Re: Mark Perry] #14874016 10/22/23 01:28 AM
4Weight Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler

No.

Roger that thanks

Aztec Anglers San Juan River Guide Service
www.aztecanglers.com
Re: Lithium batteries [Re: Mark Perry] #14874701 10/22/23 11:11 PM
W
Will.i.am Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
W
Originally Posted by oldboat
Mark I have been debating this for my 22 FXR21. I just assumed I would need 3 of the 100ah for the ultrex, but is sounds like the 50ah is good enough?

I assumed the same thing as well until I spoke with them. He reccomended the 50ah and I have been impressed. We fished 4 days last week on the Atchafalaya Basin in river current and never had them below 85% after a single day. I didn't even charge them back up one night and I was on 75% after 2 days. I have the 125ah starting battery. He told me my Minn Kota MK460PC that was on my boat would be perfect to charge them with on the AGM setting and it has been. It works exactly as it did with my conventional batteries. He definitely could have easily sold me the three 100ah batteries and a charger as I assumed I needed them initially but I really appreciated his honesty. Great warranty too. He is super fast about replying to your questions etc. Here is the link. I have no affiliation with them whatsoever. I bought mine and got no deals. The pricing beat everyone else as well. Really wasnt as bad as I expected and not even double the price of conventional batteries. He shipped straight to the house. Had them in 2-3 days.

https://drewcraft.com/ionic-lithm-batteries-for-bass-boats/

If anyone is in the market dont hesitate to reach out! I usually match or beat anyones pricing shoot me a message, call or text 210-595-0073
https://fishtacklemarine.com/collections/ionic-batteries

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Re: Lithium batteries [Re: ssfireman] #14874739 10/23/23 12:18 AM
B
b00stin4 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Going on my 5th yr with same set of relions

Dynosaur Performance
Legend alpha 211
Turbo Honda 8.51@179
Re: Lithium batteries [Re: ssfireman] #14874837 10/23/23 02:15 AM
C
champ 198 Offline
Angler
Angler
C
This thread gave me the nudge, to make the switch. Ordered a bundle of Ionic.

Re: Lithium batteries [Re: champ 198] #14874908 10/23/23 03:02 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by champ 198
This thread gave me the nudge, to make the switch. Ordered a bundle of Ionic.

I had to really convince myself as well. I had never had any issues with conventional batteries and couldn't get price paying a premium for lithiums. I felt like I was solving a problem I didn't have. Once it was time to replace my original batteries I felt better about it.
Now after making the switch I am very satisfied and happy I did. With such a long warranty it now seems like a no Brainerd. Cool thing is prices keep coming down on lithiums so I doubt I will ever have conventional batteries in fixture boats.

Re: Lithium batteries [Re: ssfireman] #14876665 10/24/23 05:21 PM
C
CPFJason Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
The difference can come down to material and build quality and warranty.

Re: Lithium batteries [Re: ssfireman] #14877117 10/25/23 05:24 AM
doctorxring Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Whatever brand you get make SURE they are sealed well. IP65 at the very least. Better if they are IP68, which means they are submersible.

I ordered a pair of lithiums off of Amazon. They worked perfectly for about a year and a half and then suddenly they both failed. I had not paid any mind to sealing issues as my boat has a battery cabinet where they are protected. But as I found out — only to a point. After many daily heat up and cool down cycles water vapor began to condense to liquid water inside the battery cases. There are battery management circuit boards and other vulnerable electronics inside these lithium battery boxes. When I opened up my failed batteries I poured about 3 ounces of water out of each one. The circuit boards were wrecked. This was not a fault of the battery manufacturer. It was buyer error.

If these same batteries had been indoors in a climate controlled environment they would have been fine.

I replaced the failed batteries with EG4 Batteries. They are IP68 rated. They are built in Texas. They have a very high cycle rating. They have a Bluetooth battery monitor. They are sold by a solid vendor — Shut Up And Fish.

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free
Re: Lithium batteries [Re: doctorxring] #14877148 10/25/23 10:00 AM
G
goodman_fishing Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
G
Originally Posted by doctorxring

Whatever brand you get make SURE they are sealed well. IP65 at the very least. Better if they are IP68, which means they are submersible.

I ordered a pair of lithiums off of Amazon. They worked perfectly for about a year and a half and then suddenly they both failed. I had not paid any mind to sealing issues as my boat has a battery cabinet where they are protected. But as I found out — only to a point. After many daily heat up and cool down cycles water vapor began to condense to liquid water inside the battery cases. There are battery management circuit boards and other vulnerable electronics inside these lithium battery boxes. When I opened up my failed batteries I poured about 3 ounces of water out of each one. The circuit boards were wrecked. This was not a fault of the battery manufacturer. It was buyer error.

If these same batteries had been indoors in a climate controlled environment they would have been fine.

I replaced the failed batteries with EG4 Batteries. They are IP68 rated. They are built in Texas. They have a very high cycle rating. They have a Bluetooth battery monitor. They are sold by a solid vendor — Shut Up And Fish.

This is interesting, just to note, there are a few high end batteries that are intentionally vented. I didn't see any brand name marine-intent batteries mention IP68 ratings in the quick search I did.

The Sport Series Marine batteries are all sealed with a thick rubber gasket along the lid connection point. This means they are Marine approved IP65 rated. A completely sealed battery case will cause condensation, so we build them with a marine grade Stainless Steel breather vent. Our vent sits on the top of the case unlike some others where the vent sits down inside catching rain and dirt.

https://millertechenergy.com/product/36v-60ah-marine-trolling-battery/

Re: Lithium batteries [Re: ssfireman] #14877153 10/25/23 10:27 AM
S
ssfireman Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
S
thats good to know

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
Re: Lithium batteries [Re: ssfireman] #14877200 10/25/23 12:08 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I have 3 Relion 100 ,s, been two years now without any problems, have never come close to running them down, have fished two long days without charging them. At the time I bought my boat there was still some talk about mercury not warrantying the engine so i went with the huge X2 cranking battery, it is a great battery as well, if it ever goes bad I will go with another Relion for the cranker.

[Linked Image]
Re: Lithium batteries [Re: Mark Perry] #14877235 10/25/23 12:42 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco

No.

I have the same charger/batteries, charges them just fine. one thing I did was put the charger on a timer for 3 hrs. a night for storage, seems to work just fine to keep them up.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Lithium batteries [Re: ssfireman] #14984650 02/11/24 06:40 AM
C
Chasin Hogs Online Crying
TFF Team Angler
Online Crying
TFF Team Angler
C
Battery noob. Would 3 of these work for a 36 v ultrex. I see
Near the bottom of description it recommended for 20 -30 lb TMs.

Guess my question is why wouldn't these work but ionics does.

https://www.litime.com/products/litime-12v-50ah-lifepo4-lithium-battery-like-new

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide