Forums59
Topics1,047,497
Posts14,107,407
Members144,388
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Has anyone followed the bowl Games? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14939409 12/28/23 01:54 AM
D
Dan21XRS Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Not one... And I'm a huge college football fan... They've taken the fun out of bowl games... Plus there's way too many... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Has anyone followed the bowl Games? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14939500 12/28/23 03:25 AM
B
Bass-N-Buck Master Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Yea the portal and those stars sitting out just makes the games not exciting as much. Most used to have meaning not anymore, hopefully that changes next year with the 12-team playoffs.

Last edited by Bass-N-Buck Master; 12/28/23 05:29 AM.
Re: Has anyone followed the bowl Games? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14939507 12/28/23 03:32 AM
K
ko bass attack 27 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones
Originally Posted by ko bass attack 27
College football has been big businesses for years. Has always been a breeding ground for pro football. Really can't blame the kids that do what's in their best interest it's not like that school is gonna do anything for them if they get injured and are no longer of any value to them. Only about 2% of football players will play after High School and about 2% of them will play professionally. The average career for a pro is about 3.3 years and if you're a running back it's about 2.5 years. All the risk is on them.

I can pretty much assure you that most of those players have an injury insurance policy in hand. The school has many insurance companies they deal with that gives them a high return policy at a very low price. Most of those good players have 1 million + insurance policies in case they get hurt playing.
So if a guy that has one that never makes it to the NFL, he will still leave with a paid collage education (right, as they might can now read) but a million of more in their bank account. This was before any of this NIL stuff came along. Plus if they did get injured they had free medical care and rehab with some of the best doctors in the country to provide them with a regular life as far as physical use is concerned.
So they get to go to collage free, and more than likely a former or rich booster person has paid for every penny of that insurance for them. I wish I could have walked away after my collage degree with a few million in my bank account. Plus i had to pay my way through collage, I never borrowed one penny, just worked two and three jobs to make it happen for me.
I do not feel one bit sorry for any collage football player, for the years they were there, they were treated to everything free from school. meals, housing and the travel they were exposed to had to be something most had never experienced before in their life.
Also they knew their chances of making it to the NFL was less than 2%, they took that chance and sometimes it played out, sometimes it didn't. You also have to remember you can go play in the CFL, which many do. Now you can play in the USFL/XFL and many other leagues we know nothing about but are there for them to continue to live their dream.
Me? I had to go to work and pay my way as I went along life journey.

Did they not teach you how to spell college at this fine institution of higher learning.

Re: Has anyone followed the bowl Games? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14939516 12/28/23 03:35 AM
rj74955 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
roflmao

Re: Has anyone followed the bowl Games? [Re: rj74955] #14939518 12/28/23 03:36 AM
D
Duke 22 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by rj74955
roflmao

Beat me to it... roflmao

Re: Has anyone followed the bowl Games? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14939551 12/28/23 04:10 AM
Mark C Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by TexasBlonde
You are not a good or nice person.

Re: Has anyone followed the bowl Games? [Re: ko bass attack 27] #14939564 12/28/23 04:31 AM
D
Dogfish_Jones Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
D
College football has been big businesses for years. Has always been a breeding ground for pro football. Really can't blame the kids that do what's in their best interest it's not like that school is gonna do anything for them if they get injured and are no longer of any value to them. Only about 2% of football players will play after High School and about 2% of them will play professionally. The average career for a pro is about 3.3 years and if you're a running back it's about 2.5 years. All the risk is on them.

I can pretty much assure you that most of those players have an injury insurance policy in hand. The school has many insurance companies they deal with that gives them a high return policy at a very low price. Most of those good players have 1 million + insurance policies in case they get hurt playing.
So if a guy that has one that never makes it to the NFL, he will still leave with a paid collage education (right, as they might can now read) but a million of more in their bank account. This was before any of this NIL stuff came along. Plus if they did get injured they had free medical care and rehab with some of the best doctors in the country to provide them with a regular life as far as physical use is concerned.
So they get to go to collage free, and more than likely a former or rich booster person has paid for every penny of that insurance for them. I wish I could have walked away after my collage degree with a few million in my bank account. Plus i had to pay my way through collage, I never borrowed one penny, just worked two and three jobs to make it happen for me.
I do not feel one bit sorry for any collage football player, for the years they were there, they were treated to everything free from school. meals, housing and the travel they were exposed to had to be something most had never experienced before in their life.
Also they knew their chances of making it to the NFL was less than 2%, they took that chance and sometimes it played out, sometimes it didn't. You also have to remember you can go play in the CFL, which many do. Now you can play in the USFL/XFL and many other leagues we know nothing about but are there for them to continue to live their dream.

Did they not teach you how to spell college at this fine institution of higher learning.

Nope not when my spell check never warns me about it. But guess what you understood what I was typing didn't you?

2020 Nitro Z20, Mercury 250xp 4 stroke
"Sometimes I have to remind myself that it is called Fishing and not catching"
Re: Has anyone followed the bowl Games? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14940006 12/28/23 06:38 PM
S
Stump jumper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
I was going to watch WVU yesterday but did not anticipate snaking a drain to take all day. First snake broke so I had to go get another one. The next had some issues of it's own. What is normally an easy one man job for me turned into an all afternoon 2 people job.

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: Has anyone followed the bowl Games? [Re: ko bass attack 27] #14940399 12/29/23 03:52 AM
C
Coach Hark Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C

I was about to ask the same. Dude went to college and has a picture collage of his college days.

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right

http://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/

Re: Has anyone followed the bowl Games? [Re: bloo_rainger] #14940402 12/29/23 03:54 AM
C
Coach Hark Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C
Originally Posted by bloo_rainger
Originally Posted by Coach Hark
I’ve seen some good games and good players. I also see offensive plays (some trick) that I don’t see during the regular season.

Did you see the trick play Texas State ran last night for a touchdown.
I’ve never seen that before.
6’5” 320

Geat play and play call. G J Kinne will have a big time college football job before long.

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right

http://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide