B
Board Pro Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Originally Posted by ezbassin
Originally Posted by Board Pro
Originally Posted by ezbassin
We have seen this before in previous pro tournaments, someone that has no chance of winning, and then he is sitting on the leaders spot on the final day. I think it just shows poor character on your part if you do something like that.

AJ from central Texas?

Exactly who I was thinking of.

At least he would quote the bible as he jumped your hole hooked

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Clark Rheem and Milliken’s beef [Re: Minner Bucket] #14882691 10/31/23 02:09 AM
H
Houston Basscat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
It's a tournament. The man that gets there first fishes there first. If that's not the case then why do we have 80mph boats? Why do boat numbers swap on Day 2's?
If the guy that get's there first chooses to relinquish an area to someone in contention that is their choice not their obligation.
Miliken is under the opinion he's the only one that found those fish and that Rheem is only there because he saw Miliken catch one there previously. I freakin hate dudes like that. Miliken aint the only one with Livescope. Guaranteed Rheem knew what was there or he wouldn't have spent time there both days. Also, Rheem appeared to be fishing vertically for those fish. This explains why his boat was set up on top of them. The only people those fish weren't setting up for were the other competitors. How is that anything but effective tournament fishing?
I think Rheem handled it better than I would have.
Miliken the Millennial came off like a passive aggressive crybaby.

Re: Clark Rheem and Milliken’s beef [Re: Minner Bucket] #14882838 10/31/23 03:21 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
So, if the current Milliken video was about Reehm, then it seemed like the biggest issue was where Reehm had his boat positioned. Same thing with the Pangrac deal, it wasn’t so much about the other angler being there, it was where their boat was positioned.

Re: Clark Rheem and Milliken’s beef [Re: grout-scout] #14882840 10/31/23 03:22 AM
O
outfishdya Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
O
Originally Posted by grout-scout
So, if the current Milliken video was about Rheem, then it seemed like the biggest issue was where Rheem had his boat positioned. Same thing with the Pangrac deal, it wasn’t so much about the other angler being there, it was where their boat was positioned.

I too hate it when people position their boat wrong in my spot.

Sometimes a bitter man trying to be a better man
Re: Clark Rheem and Milliken’s beef [Re: Houston Basscat] #14882844 10/31/23 03:30 AM
B
Board Pro Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Originally Posted by Houston Basscat
It's a tournament. The man that gets there first fishes there first. If that's not the case then why do we have 80mph boats? Why do boat numbers swap on Day 2's?
If the guy that get's there first chooses to relinquish an area to someone in contention that is their choice not their obligation.
Miliken is under the opinion he's the only one that found those fish and that Rheem is only there because he saw Miliken catch one there previously. I freakin hate dudes like that. Miliken aint the only one with Livescope. Guaranteed Rheem knew what was there or he wouldn't have spent time there both days. Also, Rheem appeared to be fishing vertically for those fish. This explains why his boat was set up on top of them. The only people those fish weren't setting up for were the other competitors. How is that anything but effective tournament fishing?
I think Rheem handled it better than I would have.
Miliken the Millennial came off like a passive aggressive crybaby.

Could also be a little bit of professional jealousy, the used to be and never really was just watched a "yo-tuber" who had never fished a upper level tournament go on to win his 2nd one ever and then go on to qualify for the Elites.

You would think that anyone that is totally irrelevant in that event and the year's AOY race would give the top guys their room to do their thing. Well anyone that was a decent person and had some integrity.

Maybe Milliken will send Rheem a 402 shirt

Re: Clark Rheem and Milliken’s beef [Re: outfishdya] #14882908 10/31/23 10:49 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by outfishdya
Originally Posted by grout-scout
So, if the current Milliken video was about Rheem, then it seemed like the biggest issue was where Rheem had his boat positioned. Same thing with the Pangrac deal, it wasn’t so much about the other angler being there, it was where their boat was positioned.

I too hate it when people position their boat wrong in my spot.

So, this happens often to you? Guys on “your” spot, that is?

Re: Clark Rheem and Milliken’s beef [Re: Minner Bucket] #14882916 10/31/23 10:58 AM
WLBDallas Offline
Angler
Angler
Clark tried to make it, but couldn’t get it done. He’s a nice guy, but he talks about how anyone better than him is getting information. I see that as sour grapes.

Milliken could be in the same position in the future, but he is in the Elites now and has sponsorship money. Milliken has capitalized on the next generation of anglers. If you’re over 50, you probably don’t like him. If you’re under 30, you probably love him. Between 30-50, it’s likely a toss-up. I’ve never met Milliken, but I have met Clark. I think Clark is disappointed in his inability to “make” it as a professional angler and I doubt he’s going to do any up-and-comer any favors.

Re: Clark Rheem and Milliken’s beef [Re: Minner Bucket] #14883047 10/31/23 01:49 PM
S
shanetx Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Im new to bass tournament fishing and this argument baffles me so please educate a rookie here.

To be fair i dont know who either clark or milliken is.

I haven't fished most lakes around me so I scout out some good looking spots via maps or maybe if im lucky a practice day week before. I usually try to find 3-4 good looking areas. If i go to area 1 and its got people around it i move onto area 2. The next day i start over again at area 1 and go down my list until a find an open spot.

If area 1 is used day but I see it open day 2 - Do I just have to skip it because someone fished it yesterday? Do I have to find out who fished it and make sure they are not int he top 10 day 2? This seems stupid...

Boat position? If you are worried about the position of someone else's boat placement - to the point you think it will impact your ability to fish an ENTIRE lake...comes off as a cry baby to me....

The point of fishing tournaments is to overcome challenges - otherwise just go hobby fish a pond right?

Re: Clark Rheem and Milliken’s beef [Re: Minner Bucket] #14883079 10/31/23 02:21 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
it's just a courtesy deal, Milliken had a lot on the line and Clark had much less. The cool thing to do would be out the other guy giving him the area as he likes and fish the periphery.

Some guys as you see on here think that is total BS and it's every man for himself and decency be damned.

I am a fan of Milliken , I think he is extremely talented and think he handled that deal pretty well given the circumstances.

I am also not accusing Clark of being a hole buzzard he may have truly known about those fish and hoped to get on them himself.

Re: Clark Rheem and Milliken’s beef [Re: Minner Bucket] #14883086 10/31/23 02:25 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Originally Posted by shanetx
Im new to bass tournament fishing and this argument baffles me so please educate a rookie here.

I haven't fished most lakes around me so I scout out some good looking spots via maps or maybe if im lucky a practice day week before. I usually try to find 3-4 good looking areas. If i go to area 1 and its got people around it i move onto area 2. The next day i start over again at area 1 and go down my list until a find an open spot.

If area 1 is used day but I see it open day 2 - Do I just have to skip it because someone fished it yesterday? Do I have to find out who fished it and make sure they are not int he top 10 day 2? This seems stupid...

Boat position? If you are worried about the position of someone else's boat placement - to the point you think it will impact your ability to fish an ENTIRE lake...comes off as a cry baby to me....

The point of fishing tournaments is to overcome challenges - otherwise just go hobby fish a pond right?

Ha, ha. You get it because you haven't been jaded by unwritten Boss of the Lake, cool club, and seniority rules. There are exceptions, but tournament bass fishing is a den of thieves singing a choir of butt hurt.

[Linked Image]
Re: Clark Rheem and Milliken’s beef [Re: Minner Bucket] #14883116 10/31/23 02:48 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
So does the same unwritten rule apply here? I have heard quite a few boaters try to help their coangler catch fish because the boater did bad day 1 and was out of it. Of the several years I fished as a coangler, that never happened to me even though I was in that position. Are we going to rake those guys over the coal too?

Re: Clark Rheem and Milliken’s beef [Re: Brent S] #14883123 10/31/23 02:59 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Brent S
So does the same unwritten rule apply here? I have heard quite a few boaters try to help their coangler catch fish because the boater did bad day 1 and was out of it. Of the several years I fished as a coangler, that never happened to me even though I was in that position. Are we going to rake those guys over the coal too?

Co anglers have no rights. They are barely human beings lol

Re: Clark Rheem and Milliken’s beef [Re: CCTX] #14883133 10/31/23 03:09 PM
Walls Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by CCTX
Originally Posted by shanetx

Ha, ha. You get it because you haven't been jaded by unwritten Boss of the Lake, cool club, and seniority rules. There are exceptions, but tournament bass fishing is a den of thieves singing a choir of butt hurt.

Best post on this whole thread. Boat numbers being flipped for release might mean different things to different anglers, but one of the reasons it was ever instituted had to be fairness of conditions (time) and getting to spots. I like Milliken a lot and have been following him for a couple years- and will continue to do so. That being said, I guarantee you not a single Elite angler will GAF what place he's in next year on day 2,3,4. He better have more than one good spot.
cheers

Re: Clark Rheem and Milliken’s beef [Re: Brent S] #14883204 10/31/23 04:37 PM
B
Board Pro Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Originally Posted by Brent S

Co's are basically people that pay to be around some dude that signs up as a "pro" and they pay to go on a boat ride for a couple of days.

If you're a co and you do to like how boaters do things there is an easy solution, sign up as a "pro"

Clark on the other hand is someone that has "been there" in his choice of vocation, he fished the Elites for a few years. He has won approximately $750K in 20 years or $37K a year. Looks like his last top 10 in a Bassmaster event was at the 2010 Central Open in Denison, TX where he finished 5th.

MIlliken on the other hand is a lot of what Clark likely longs to be in the fishing world. Milliken has a youtube community of over 500K subs, Clark has 2.7K subs on his youtube. Milliken has recently won an Open and is headed to the Elites. Milliken has a lot of attention and eyeballs on him in the fishing space.

Milliken is on top of his game and heading upward and Clark (by his stats) isn't really competitive all that often now.

There is a valid argument that maybe there was some disdain that contributed to the confrontation.

Re: Clark Rheem and Milliken’s beef [Re: Board Pro] #14883232 10/31/23 05:17 PM
H
Houston Basscat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
I didn't see much of a "confrontation." I saw Milliken throwing at Clark's boat while whining and crying. I saw Clark agree to give the guy in contention time to catch the fish. Clark hasn't said a word meanwhile Miliken gets on the podcast circuit and continues to blast Clark by name for fishing "his" area.

I can't wait for him to pull that nonsense with Hackney.

Last edited by Houston Basscat; 10/31/23 05:19 PM.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide