Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Douglas J] #14869859 10/18/23 04:06 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
flush_2

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Douglas J] #14869905 10/18/23 11:33 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
I wonder if Beartrap will still talk about how great they are for the “sport and anglers”? popcorn

Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Douglas J] #14869913 10/18/23 11:42 AM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
What will entry fees be for the 50 ?

Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: grout-scout] #14869935 10/18/23 12:12 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by grout-scout
I wonder if Beartrap will still talk about how great they are for the “sport and anglers”? popcorn

....and how 1162 hours of TV time for a handful events was reshaping the sport. He constantly references the TV time abs turns out it wasn't helping their bottom line and they actually saw less viewers watching their product this year.

MLF is pretty well saying TV is a dying medium and live coverage is where they will now focus.

https://ustvdb.com/networks/outdoor/shows/major-league-fishing/#:~:text=Major%20League%20Fishing%20(MLF)%20is,measurement%20on%20January%2021%2C%202023%20.

Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Douglas J] #14869959 10/18/23 12:50 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I've never seen an organization make so many changes. It's every single year. Would love to know the formula for the "Bass Pro Tour lifetime Angler of the Year (AOY) standings" . If it is public knowledge I would like to see it. I have to agree meP2too. This is a reality show and they are doing everything in their power to maintain the original MLF anglers as the stars of the show for as long as possible. Blows my mind that there is still a long line of people trying to qualify for this tour of constant changes.

Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #14869967 10/18/23 12:57 PM
D
Douglas J Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
I've never seen an organization make so many changes. It's every single year. Would love to know the formula for the "Bass Pro Tour lifetime Angler of the Year (AOY) standings" . If it is public knowledge I would like to see it. I have to agree meP2too. This is a reality show and they are doing everything in their power to maintain the original MLF anglers as the stars of the show for as long as possible. Blows my mind that there is still a long line of people trying to qualify for this tour of constant changes.

It's a relatively new business that had lofty and likely unrealistic goals for a start up. If you know anything about running a business, then you'd completely understand adjusting a business model and the fluidity of forming and operating a start up.

You need to be able adjust to make it succeed vs trying to appease everyone and going broke.

Business 101 is to make a profit.

#MFGA
Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Douglas J] #14870002 10/18/23 01:26 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Douglas J

It's a relatively new business that had lofty and likely unrealistic goals for a start up. If you know anything about running a business, then you'd completely understand adjusting a business model and the fluidity of forming and operating a start up.

You need to be able adjust to make it succeed vs trying to appease everyone and going broke.

I know a little bit about it. Constant, wholesale, unending change sends a signal to your consumer that you have no business model. It sends a signal that you don't have a clue what you are doing. Sends a signal that you are throwing darts at a wall with your eyes closed and hoping one lands on a business strategy that might work. There's a huge difference between making adjustments and making massive changes every single year. Especially when the changes this year are the exact polar opposite of the changes that you made last year. I've bought, rebuilt, and sold multiple failing companies. Constant, unending, poorly though out change is literally a glaring FOR SALE SIGN when it comes to a business. Especially when those changes are accompanied by a reduction in the workforce. Spare me the business 101 textbook quotes please.

Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #14870049 10/18/23 02:26 PM
D
Douglas J Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
D

I know a little bit about it. Constant, wholesale, unending change sends a signal to your consumer that you have no business model. It sends a signal that you don't have a clue what you are doing. Sends a signal that you are throwing darts at a wall with your eyes closed and hoping one lands on a business strategy that might work. There's a huge difference between making adjustments and making massive changes every single year. Especially when the changes this year are the exact polar opposite of the changes that you made last year. I've bought, rebuilt, and sold multiple failing companies. Constant, unending, poorly though out change is literally a glaring FOR SALE SIGN when it comes to a business. Especially when those changes are accompanied by a reduction in the workforce. Spare me the business 101 textbook quotes please.

They make their money from sponsors and not us dudes that like bass fishing. You're so deep into to your emotions and feelers that you have put the cart before the horse. First priority make a profit, second priority appease those that follow and likely do not spend one penny on the sponsor products yet bi*ch constantly. lol Bass fishing is not a "Walk in" business that is relying on your dollar to succeed. They rely on that you buy products that relate to their sponsors whether you like the league or not you are likely in the demographic that makes them producing revenue through sponsorships possible.

They will adjust and regroup and if they cannot turn a profit they will be gone or absorbed by another league.

Honestly fans do not matter for the most part, their dollars come from JM and many other large sponsors.

Oh and that "quote" was not a quote unless you'd like to quote me. laugh

#MFGA
Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Douglas J] #14870051 10/18/23 02:27 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Why was Stone let go? He is one of the ownership group anglers as well.

Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Mark Perry] #14870065 10/18/23 02:35 PM
D
Douglas J Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Maybe because he's a beat down? noidea

#MFGA
Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #14870083 10/18/23 03:07 PM
P
pchapin Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P

You can go to BPT, standings and see the AOY points for every year starting with 2019. Add up each anglers points for each year and you can see where they stand going into 2024.

Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: pchapin] #14870107 10/18/23 03:52 PM
D
Douglas J Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by pchapin

You can go to BPT, standings and see the AOY points for every year starting with 2019. Add up each anglers points for each year and you can see where they stand going into 2024.

[Linked Image]

#MFGA
Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Douglas J] #14870125 10/18/23 04:14 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by pchapin

[Linked Image]

Exactly, the new anglers coming in from the Invitationals will have to finish top 50 or so next year to make it for 2025. I wonder if Ron Nelson will fish BPT next year, he qualified in 2021 but turned it down because of the every fish counts format doesn't fit his style now they are going back to that format again.

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 10/18/23 04:15 PM.
Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Mark Perry] #14870136 10/18/23 04:24 PM
K
kellisag Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K

Make room for KVD?

Re: MLF - BPT info for future [Re: Mark Perry] #14870139 10/18/23 04:27 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

I would imagine to reduce salary.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide