Forums59
Topics1,047,469
Posts14,106,944
Members144,388
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: thinking of Cowboy possiblilities today [Re: fivebites] #14832787 09/08/23 09:05 PM
machinist Online Sleepy
TFF Team Angler
Online Sleepy
TFF Team Angler
I hope I am wrong but I just don’t see Dak as the answer. Cooper Rush isn’t the answer either. I think the Cowboys are top 3 defense for sure if they stay healthy. The offense is only a injury or maybe two from being in the bottom half of all NFL.

I fish on the edge and stay out of the middle

99 BassCat Jag w/225 Merc Optimax
Retired TXU Outage Manager
Re: thinking of Cowboy possiblilities today [Re: machinist] #14832795 09/08/23 09:16 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by machinist
I hope I am wrong but I just don’t see Dak as the answer. Cooper Rush isn’t the answer either. I think the Cowboys are top 3 defense for sure if they stay healthy. The offense is only a injury or maybe two from being in the bottom half of all NFL.

That offense been like top 10 or better for awhile, they were averaging over 30 a game, yes if the QB and top receiver and or linemen go down then they could fall to the bottom half, I suppose that could be said for every team in the NFL.

[Linked Image]
Re: thinking of Cowboy possiblilities today [Re: fivebites] #14833017 09/09/23 02:49 AM
C
CrazyCrappieGuy Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C
Patriot, since you are so 100% certain Dak can’t take this team to the Super Bowl, why don’t you make a million dollar bet with vagus?

Re: thinking of Cowboy possiblilities today [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #14833041 09/09/23 04:21 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by CrazyCrappieGuy
Patriot, since you are so 100% certain Dak can’t take this team to the Super Bowl, why don’t you make a million dollar bet with vagus?

Not a betting man but thanks. I've been saying for years he couldn't do it. Yall have been saying for years that he could...which one of us is right? I don't need the future - I've already been proven right.

To be honest, the Cowboys may be the NFL's most talented team if you take away the QB position. So even if they win this year, it's not like Dak was the fuel to the fire.

That said, I've been saying for a while now if he can go back to low-risk game manager Dak and the team can get back to run-first offense, then he can be successful. When Zeke was the lead singer of the band, they were awesome. When Zeke got paid, they stunk. Let's see if Tony can bring the band back together - they've got a much better defense now than they had then.

But if Dak doesn't improve significantly, they do have no shot. If he does, they do. But you shouldn't be saying that about a QB on the contract Dak is on.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: thinking of Cowboy possiblilities today [Re: fivebites] #14833131 09/09/23 12:55 PM
Westside. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Your hatred for Dak is equal to your hatred of DJT

Re: thinking of Cowboy possiblilities today [Re: fivebites] #14833299 09/09/23 10:59 PM
D
DJB Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
May be down both Smiths on the o-line vs Giants. I'm not going to try to post during game tomorrow due to how slow and aggravating this website has become. Go Cowboys!

Re: thinking of Cowboy possiblilities today [Re: Westside.] #14833363 09/10/23 01:04 AM
S
Sawhorse Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Westside.

Drunk Jewish Truckers?

Re: thinking of Cowboy possiblilities today [Re: fivebites] #14833403 09/10/23 02:33 AM
reeltexan Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

I've known a few cowboys over the years. Haven't seen any of them in some time.
We would throw calves to the ground and tie them, then brand them. Sometimes, you had to land on them to hold them for branding.
Hot brands make a calf jump and bolt.
We used pocket knives to cut the bull calves to steers. Had to be sharp and you had to be careful.
Best case, you didn't break your arm or leg.

Is that the kind of cowboys you mean?

"..The pleasantist angling is to see the fish
Cut with her golden oars the silver stream,
And greedily devour the treacherous bait.
Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: thinking of Cowboy possiblilities today [Re: Westside.] #14833418 09/10/23 02:53 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Westside.

Both of them choke at crunch time. Dak lost to Brock Purdy. DJT lost to Joe Biden. I don't like losers

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: thinking of Cowboy possiblilities today [Re: patriot07] #14833419 09/10/23 02:54 AM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by patriot07

Not a betting man but thanks. I've been saying for years he couldn't do it. Yall have been saying for years that he could...which one of us is right? I don't need the future - I've already been proven right.

To be honest, the Cowboys may be the NFL's most talented team if you take away the QB position. So even if they win this year, it's not like Dak was the fuel to the fire.

That said, I've been saying for a while now if he can go back to low-risk game manager Dak and the team can get back to run-first offense, then he can be successful. When Zeke was the lead singer of the band, they were awesome. When Zeke got paid, they stunk. Let's see if Tony can bring the band back together - they've got a much better defense now than they had then.

But if Dak doesn't improve significantly, they do have no shot. If he does, they do. But you shouldn't be saying that about a QB on the contract Dak is on.

Patriot , I just read where Dak Prescott is number 10 in NFL history in QBR and TD's to interception ratios, ahead of Tom Brady, how the hell is that possible since he is such a piece of [censored] as a QB ?

[Linked Image]
Re: thinking of Cowboy possiblilities today [Re: Happykamper] #14833448 09/10/23 03:48 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Happykamper

Patriot , I just read where Dak Prescott is number 10 in NFL history in QBR and TD's to interception ratios, ahead of Tom Brady, how the hell is that possible since he is such a piece of [censored] as a QB ?

If Dak is ahead of Tom Brady, you're making your own points about how irrelevant the stat is. I just looked at the list - Deshaun Watson is #3 and Peyton Manning and Brady and Joe Montana and a host of other super-bowl winning QBs are behind Dak? Who cares about the stat if it doesn't lead to super bowls? I mean Russell Wilson is #5...and to be clear, the game has changed - comparing today's stats to 20+ years ago when defenders could play defense is useless.

I just read where he's 2-4 in the playoffs and has had more than 24 TDs twice in 7 years, but became the second highest paid player in the NFL when he signed his deal. If we're winning super bowls and I'm complaining, then it's on me. 20+ years without even an appearance in a conf championship? Fans who want better aren't the problem.

First of all, didn't say he's a piece of carp. He's overpaid by Jerry and overhyped by fans and has done nothing but choke in big moments. His best playoff performance came against a TB team that really had no business being in the postseason. He's 1-4 against actual playoff teams. His defense handed him an NFC championship appearance on a platter against a rookie QB and he couldn't just get through a game without throwing the ball straight to the defense multiple times.

He's also done all this with having elite WRs and the first year he didn't have a top-10 running back was 2022, where Pollard and Zeke combined for 1900+ rushing yards (though neither was in the top 10 invidually). Almost no QBs have had as much supporting talent.

He's just a choker. Look at these league-leading INTs from last year in the 2nd year of his deal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h_JuAnf3RY&t=182s

Not good...you can't win super bowls like this. But he's paid like he already won one...

You guys are going to be shouting "see patriot07 was wrong!" here in a week or two when Dak has some good games. I never said Dak can't be really good. Dak just can't win big games. Never has. But he's got probably the most talented team in football this year so if he doesn't win one this year then I don't really know how anyone can support continuing to hold onto him. I've never seen so much support for such mediocrity.

- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: thinking of Cowboy possiblilities today [Re: patriot07] #14833541 09/10/23 12:43 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Happykamper

If Dak is ahead of Tom Brady, you're making your own points about how irrelevant the stat is. I just looked at the list - Deshaun Watson is #3 and Peyton Manning and Brady and Joe Montana and a host of other super-bowl winning QBs are behind Dak? Who cares about the stat if it doesn't lead to super bowls? I mean Russell Wilson is #5...and to be clear, the game has changed - comparing today's stats to 20+ years ago when defenders could play defense is useless.

I just read where he's 2-4 in the playoffs and has had more than 24 TDs twice in 7 years, but became the second highest paid player in the NFL when he signed his deal. If we're winning super bowls and I'm complaining, then it's on me. 20+ years without even an appearance in a conf championship? Fans who want better aren't the problem.

First of all, didn't say he's a piece of carp. He's overpaid by Jerry and overhyped by fans and has done nothing but choke in big moments. His best playoff performance came against a TB team that really had no business being in the postseason. He's 1-4 against actual playoff teams. His defense handed him an NFC championship appearance on a platter against a rookie QB and he couldn't just get through a game without throwing the ball straight to the defense multiple times.

He's also done all this with having elite WRs and the first year he didn't have a top-10 running back was 2022, where Pollard and Zeke combined for 1900+ rushing yards (though neither was in the top 10 invidually). Almost no QBs have had as much supporting talent.

He's just a choker. Look at these league-leading INTs from last year in the 2nd year of his deal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h_JuAnf3RY&t=182s

Not good...you can't win super bowls like this. But he's paid like he already won one...

You guys are going to be shouting "see patriot07 was wrong!" here in a week or two when Dak has some good games. I never said Dak can't be really good. Dak just can't win big games. Never has. But he's got probably the most talented team in football this year so if he doesn't win one this year then I don't really know how anyone can support continuing to hold onto him. I've never seen so much support for such mediocrity.

So who is it that is declaring that the Cowboys are the most talented team and have had the most talented teams in the past ? Is that you giving them that distinction ? Or is it the media who also has Dak ranked as a top 10 QB ? A QB does not win championships on his own, it takes a great team effort and a lot of things must go right, you keep bringing up the interceptions from last year, you do know that Dak never was completely healthy last year, he forced some balls, had several dropped or deflected that ended up being an interception, bottom line is Dak has been known to protect the ball, so much so that fans were disappointed that he did not just turn it loose. We will see how they do this year, I bet Dak has a great year, that still does not mean that they will win anything, if they do not then you will be blaming Dak no matter how well he plays.

[Linked Image]
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide