Forums59
Topics1,047,045
Posts14,100,059
Members144,381
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 69 of 152 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 151 152
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Nathan Bass] #14812843 08/16/23 02:33 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Nathan Bass
85 million ......Wow how could that be??? It's almost like the state didn't add in that imaginary 238 million, that Todd's banker buddy told him the water alone was worth. That works out to roughly $17,000 an acre, which is pretty realistic, all things considered. Todd has done nothing but devalued the "Park" property in the short time has owned it. I'm surprised it came in at 85 million, that may have to be re-evaluated down, once Todd pushes this to the District Judge. All that bloviating about be a conversationalist, while he's bulldozing everything in sight is laughable. Hopefully the State continues full steam ahead with the condemnation process and the state or someone, ultimately sues him for destroying tax payer funded property, while he was basically under what could be interpreted as a restraining order.

Hopefully this ends up in court and Todd sticks it to them. He isn't the bad guy in this mess

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Nathan Bass] #14812893 08/16/23 03:45 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
85 million ......Wow how could that be??? It's almost like the state didn't add in that imaginary 238 million, that Todd's banker buddy told him the water alone was worth. That works out to roughly $17,000 an acre, which is pretty realistic, all things considered. Todd has done nothing but devalued the "Park" property in the short time has owned it. I'm surprised it came in at 85 million, that may have to be re-evaluated down, once Todd pushes this to the District Judge. All that bloviating about be a conversationalist, while he's bulldozing everything in sight is laughable. Hopefully the State continues full steam ahead with the condemnation process and the state or someone, ultimately sues him for destroying tax payer funded property, while he was basically under what could be interpreted as a restraining order.

roflmao

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Nathan Bass] #14812894 08/16/23 03:49 AM
P
pchapin Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P

You become more clueless with each post.

“No reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact”
P01135809
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: RPD] #14812912 08/16/23 04:47 AM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
First question in my mind is whether the state will decide to go forward with condemning the property.

I believe a decision needs to be made by the AG on this. From what I've read the TPWD has been dishonest in their dealings with Todd and the state. According to Todd, TPWD requested funds from the state to buy from willing sellers. The state approved it on that basis so if the new temp AG decides to question Aplin on it he has to choose whether the money they have was allocated to use for eminent domain.

We are all guessing a little bit. What happens happens and we will see.

Originally Posted by Jons3825
I am wrong but you can not prove it, you just believe it enough from the bottom of your heart.....
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Allison1] #14812982 08/16/23 11:34 AM
S
Scoundrel Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Allison1
First question in my mind is whether the state will decide to go forward with condemning the property.

I believe a decision needs to be made by the AG on this. From what I've read the TPWD has been dishonest in their dealings with Todd and the state. According to Todd, TPWD requested funds from the state to buy from willing sellers. The state approved it on that basis so if the new temp AG decides to question Aplin on it he has to choose whether the money they have was allocated to use for eminent domain.

I know, Todd & Vistra have been so lily white pure and honest throughout this ordeal TPWD has put them through. roflmao

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Scoundrel] #14813025 08/16/23 12:29 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Scoundrel
Originally Posted by Allison1

I know, Todd & Vistra have been so lily white pure and honest throughout this ordeal TPWD has put them through. roflmao

Vistra wanted to sell, they announced this, a willing buyer came forward...... I'm not seeing how vistra and Todd did anything but participate in free market capitalism type thing. The lease with the state was over. All I see is a bunch of whiners who trade principle for a fishing spot.

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: WAWI] #14813064 08/16/23 01:08 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
The state can stick that appraisal. the value has already been set when Todd purchased the land. Wonder why the state did not take the land from Vistra by eminent domain to begin with. The state is 100% wrong on this, cannot believe anyone would take their side on this deal, I get wanting to save the park but to make Todd look like the bad guy here is rediculous.

[Linked Image]
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: RPD] #14813071 08/16/23 01:15 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
"Willing seller" does not apply in the case of condemnation and eminent domain. Texas government entities have been seizing property and forcing sales from owners for decades. Courthouses, highways, reservoirs...

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Happykamper] #14813087 08/16/23 01:29 PM
S
Scoundrel Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Happykamper
The state can stick that appraisal. the value has already been set when Todd purchased the land. Wonder why the state did not take the land from Vistra by eminent domain to begin with. The state is 100% wrong on this, cannot believe anyone would take their side on this deal, I get wanting to save the park but to make Todd look like the bad guy here is rediculous.

That’s the $110M question right there. But they didn’t, so now we have what we have. Would eminent domain have been OK then?

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Scoundrel] #14813096 08/16/23 01:36 PM
B
BillS2006 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B

That’s the $110M question right there. But they didn’t, so now we have what we have. Would eminent domain have been OK then?

TP&W was hoping Vistra would donate the park property. Then when Todd made his offer they hoped he would donate the park. When it became apparent that was not going to happen they started the eminent domain process to save face with the Texas citizens during their 100 year of state parks celebration.. They never had any intentions of buying the property. Just smoke and mirrors.

Transgenders: God made them, the devil changed their minds.
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: BillS2006] #14813127 08/16/23 01:59 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by BillS2006

TP&W was hoping Vistra would donate the park property. Then when Todd made his offer they hoped he would donate the park. When it became apparent that was not going to happen they started the eminent domain process to save face with the Texas citizens during their 100 year of state parks celebration.. They never had any intentions of buying the property. Just smoke and mirrors.

Wish and hope in one hand poop in the other. I think this comes down to the beaver nugget man and his cronies being asleep at the wheel and wanting to save face.

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: RPD] #14813129 08/16/23 02:03 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
I think the lesson that should be taken from this is never enter into a lease agreement with the state...... the state doesn't understand the concept of a lease and what happens when it expires.

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Razorback] #14813181 08/16/23 02:58 PM
P
pchapin Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Originally Posted by Razorback
"Willing seller" does not apply in the case of condemnation and eminent domain. Texas government entities have been seizing property and forcing sales from owners for decades. Courthouses, highways, reservoirs...

The money Parks and Wildlife has available was given to them to purchase from willing sellers. The billion-dollar fund that will be voted on in November is to purchase land from willing sellers.

“No reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact”
P01135809
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Scoundrel] #14813214 08/16/23 03:29 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Not in my opinion, I do not care for eminent domain, just bringing up the fact that the state sat on their [censored] and did nothing, now they trying to flex their muscles to appease a few hundred pissed off citizens.

[Linked Image]
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: RPD] #14813237 08/16/23 03:51 PM
C
Chris G Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
The valuation was set in June when the purchased was closed on by Todd. Todd is trying to extract FUTURE value from the eminent domain process which doesn't work that way. Todd is definitely not the bad guy in this from what I can see but when it comes to how this process works, its very clear how the valuation is done. And the "willing seller" thing has never really applied to 100% of any case of ED that I can recall.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Page 69 of 152 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 151 152
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide