Forums59
Topics1,047,045
Posts14,100,067
Members144,381
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 70 of 152 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 151 152
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: pchapin] #14813272 08/16/23 04:24 PM
Nathan Bass Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Mr.Clueless posting again…lol

“TPWD filed an application for a temporary injunction to gain access to the property to determine whether there are environmental concerns,” Cory Chandler, deputy communications director for TPWD, told KXAN.

Chandler said TPWD and its legal counsel “have not alleged there is any contamination in Fairfield Lake State Park,” other than instances already documented by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.

The temporary injunction, filed Aug. 7 in Freestone County, asks for a temporary restraining order to allow state crews onto the property for inspections, surveys and tests.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/rea...quire-former-state-park-site/ar-AA1flCHS

50 years of coal ash and god knows what else, but I’m sure the state won’t find violations they can pin on Mr Todd if need be. Surely you guys are smart enough to realize the state/government can destroy you or anyone they want to? All they have to do is produce and publicize a report that says the area and lake is contaminated and poof!!!! any value or future value that property had is gone. I’m not saying it’s right, it’s just the reality of trying to fight the government. Call me crazy, but I’m still in the should have taken the 25 million to walk away club.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Chris G] #14813275 08/16/23 04:25 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Chris G
The valuation was set in June when the purchased was closed on by Todd. Todd is trying to extract FUTURE value from the eminent domain process which doesn't work that way. Todd is definitely not the bad guy in this from what I can see but when it comes to how this process works, its very clear how the valuation is done. And the "willing seller" thing has never really applied to 100% of any case of ED that I can recall.

So if you owned a piece of property and an oil company discovered that you had a huge pool of oil under your property, would you be ok with the state taking your property without paying you for the oil ? If what Todd is saying is true then the water rights alone are worth way the hell more than what he paid for the property. Anyway I hope they save the park somehow but I think Todd should be able to make his money.

[Linked Image]
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Nathan Bass] #14813280 08/16/23 04:30 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Nathan Bass

“TPWD filed an application for a temporary injunction to gain access to the property to determine whether there are environmental concerns,” Cory Chandler, deputy communications director for TPWD, told KXAN.

Chandler said TPWD and its legal counsel “have not alleged there is any contamination in Fairfield Lake State Park,” other than instances already documented by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.

The temporary injunction, filed Aug. 7 in Freestone County, asks for a temporary restraining order to allow state crews onto the property for inspections, surveys and tests.

50 years of coal ash and god knows what else, but I’m sure the state won’t find violations they can pin on Mr Todd if need be. Surely you guys are smart enough to realize the state/government can destroy you or anyone they want to? All they have to do is produce and publicize a report that says the area and lake is contaminated and poof!!!! any value or future value that property had is gone. I’m not saying it’s right, it’s just the reality of trying to fight the government. Call me crazy, but I’m still in the should have taken the 25 million to walk away club.

And Poof, there will no longer be a state park either since it is contaminated.

[Linked Image]
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Nathan Bass] #14813284 08/16/23 04:42 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Groups and people file lawsuits against pollution claims ALL THE TIME.
You post as if the legal system goes into limbo as soon as the state makes a claim or report. Surely you jest, again.
The state would be required to show their report and then the owner would show their expert witness and their report and a jury would find for one side or the other. Also if as you say they can do this at will without cause the court and the litigant can prove it the state would have to pay for their lies. Thats how it works.

I assume Todd has the right to publish the offer so people can see if the state is lying now.

Originally Posted by Jons3825
I am wrong but you can not prove it, you just believe it enough from the bottom of your heart.....
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: RPD] #14813304 08/16/23 05:00 PM
ssmith Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
the best i can tell about all these pages from folks that think the todd group should just give the state the property that they have used for free for fifty years just hate folks that have done well an built things. with this line of thinking some use to go on private property the state should let all the texas taxpayers go on high fence ranches an shoot all their deer after all they belong to the state. as time goes on there will be more folks that want to live in exclusive areas an have control that they wouldnt have on a public lake they are willing to pay for it. if the todd group had a million dollar free entry free for everybody to come an fish his private pond there would be pages on here of folks who would find something to complain about.

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Allison1] #14813349 08/16/23 05:40 PM
S
Scoundrel Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Allison1

Groups and people file lawsuits against pollution claims ALL THE TIME.
You post as if the legal system goes into limbo as soon as the state makes a claim or report. Surely you jest, again.
The state would be required to show their report and then the owner would show their expert witness and their report and a jury would find for one side or the other. Also if as you say they can do this at will without cause the court and the litigant can prove it the state would have to pay for their lies. Thats how it works.

I assume Todd has the right to publish the offer so people can see if the state is lying now.

Yet instead of directly telling what the final offer was he apparently (per the linked story) gives out this odd sentence information:
“Not only was the offer below what we paid for and have already put into the property, and hundreds of millions below fair market value, it was accompanied by an $85 million appraisal that we are told will be the offered amount in condemnation proceedings,” Todd said.

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: RPD] #14813367 08/16/23 05:46 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Todd could have taken the 25 million and everyone would have been happy. Instead he countered with 30 million and it turned into a pecker measuring contest. This is a millionaire squaring off with a billionaire. Destroying the park knowing the state is going to end up taking it is just being spiteful at this point. Todd’s Chinese investors are not going to be happy when the state gets it for less than he paid.

[Linked Image]
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Allison1] #14813369 08/16/23 05:50 PM
Nathan Bass Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Allison, you are correct. Years of lawsuits and court battles would ultimately resolve it, just like a super nasty divorce and custody battle. Unfortunately for Todd, he has a 92 million dollar mortgage to pay each month. His "Freestone" development is totally dependent on marketability. A "Superfund site" is not exactly a desirable place to retire or build a 5 million dollar mansion on ....lol. My "clueless" opinion is the State has nothing to lose and still holds all the cards. I believe the Chinese referred to it as a death by a thousand cuts.....

But who knows..... Maybe Todd will pull a rabbit out of his hat and be the first guy in history to beat the government?

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Nathan Bass] #14813398 08/16/23 06:17 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Allison, you are correct. Years of lawsuits and court battles would ultimately resolve it, just like a super nasty divorce and custody battle. Unfortunately for Todd, he has a 92 million dollar mortgage to pay each month. His "Freestone" development is totally dependent on marketability. A "Superfund site" is not exactly a desirable place to retire or build a 5 million dollar mansion on ....lol. My "clueless" opinion is the State has nothing to lose and still holds all the cards. I believe the Chinese referred to it as a death by a thousand cuts.....

But who knows..... Maybe Todd will pull a rabbit out of his hat and be the first guy in history to beat the government?

You do know what you said of course and I understand your point of view. You want the lake to be a state park.
IMO you seem to ignore reality in posting the stuff you do.

IF the state tried to do that, what do you think a court would do as a remedy?
You posted as if the state could knowingly make the lake not usable and the area ruined for Todd, just because the state wants to.
In the case Todd would ask to be made whole, giving an estimate to compensate him for his loss AND punish the state for ruining his life, career, company etc. If you look at civil lawsuits the punitive amounts can sometimes be huge compared to the amount they give in compensation.

So whatever they ruled to give to make him whole, say 100 million or whatever and 500 million to punish the state for intentionally ruining him. I'm not sure of the amounts but you can be sure he would make a whole lot of money if he could prove the state did it as you described.

I am wrong but you can not prove it, you just believe it enough from the bottom of your heart.....
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Happykamper] #14813402 08/16/23 06:21 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Happykamper
The state can stick that appraisal. the value has already been set when Todd purchased the land. Wonder why the state did not take the land from Vistra by eminent domain to begin with. The state is 100% wrong on this, cannot believe anyone would take their side on this deal, I get wanting to save the park but to make Todd look like the bad guy here is rediculous.

Because the locals trailers won’t make it any farther than around the corner. They can’t go to Richland or Navarro….it’s too far.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Chris B] #14813403 08/16/23 06:23 PM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Chris B
Todd could have taken the 25 million and everyone would have been happy. Instead he countered with 30 million and it turned into a pecker measuring contest. This is a millionaire squaring off with a billionaire. Destroying the park knowing the state is going to end up taking it is just being spiteful at this point. Todd’s Chinese investors are not going to be happy when the state gets it for less than he paid.

The state isn’t getting it.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: RPD] #14813417 08/16/23 06:33 PM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
The state doesn’t care about you. They care about vote, super rich people/corporations, and tax revenue….in that order. They could care less if you get the bottom of your boat wet.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14813418 08/16/23 06:33 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Chris B

The state isn’t getting it.

roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Happykamper] #14813421 08/16/23 06:37 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Happykamper
The valuation was set in June when the purchased was closed on by Todd. Todd is trying to extract FUTURE value from the eminent domain process which doesn't work that way. Todd is definitely not the bad guy in this from what I can see but when it comes to how this process works, its very clear how the valuation is done. And the "willing seller" thing has never really applied to 100% of any case of ED that I can recall.

So if you owned a piece of property and an oil company discovered that you had a huge pool of oil under your property, would you be ok with the state taking your property without paying you for the oil ? If what Todd is saying is true then the water rights alone are worth way the hell more than what he paid for the property. Anyway I hope they save the park somehow but I think Todd should be able to make his money.

The east Texas natives are opposed to anyone making money. They can't stand success of other people. I grew up out there, I heard how they talked about stuff like this for years. They also have issues with private land in general other than their own. Try and keep locals out there from poaching, it can't be done.

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: WAWI] #14813461 08/16/23 07:14 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

What is the date which applies here. You really don't think its price he paid on the day Todd closed on the property do you?
The day he closed he had plans to build a community valued at over a billion. I assume someone doing a valuation could take into account whether he is likely to make that amount but the day he bought it the value of the property had to be higher to Todd than what he paid. Thats how it works, isn't it?

The issue of "willing seller" is not about eminent domain law. Its more to the TPWD when Aplin requested money for future land purchases that he requested. His request used the wording that the money was requested for purchasing land from willing sellers. That is a question best left to the state legislators. They certainly were misled if he did put that in his request.

Page 70 of 152 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 151 152
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide