Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: IKON boat experience? [Re: Fishspanker] #14786934 07/23/23 01:20 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted by Fishspanker
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Cameron
I saw one on Fork. Looked like a really really nice boat. I liked the front deck layout. I ask top speed and was told 63. If that is truly the top speed it has to be the slowest full size bass boat on the market. I wonder if they are propped correctly from factory or what-

It’s a floating tank.

Being a tank could be a good thing. A lot of boats these days have hull problems. When that occurs they can be forever fixing them. I know 3 guys who were out of their boat for a year or while getting the manufacturer fixing their hull. One Ranger, one Nitro and a Bluewave center console.

With prices these days you need to be able to get 20 years minimum out of a hull.

63 mph is fine for most users. Exception would be those making their living tournament fishing where long runs can be make or break.

It would be interesting to know what boats she the highest percentage of warranty hull work.

I know it will sound like blasphemy to a lotta folks on here but 100% Skeeter. There are ruts on I-20 all the way to KIlgore from 6-12 mo old Skeeters being drug back to the factory

Last edited by Ken A.; 07/23/23 01:22 PM.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: IKON boat experience? [Re: H2O Seeker] #14786939 07/23/23 01:33 PM
tmd11111 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by H2O Seeker
Originally Posted by KnotTexan
I saw one on Fork. Looked like a really really nice boat. I liked the front deck layout. I ask top speed and was told 63. If that is truly the top speed it has to be the slowest full size bass boat on the market. I wonder if they are propped correctly from factory or what-

It’s a floating tank.

That’s certified for only a 250? confused 3 bang

Parent company builds yachts not former racing boat personnel. Who needs a fast, dry riding hull when you can have immaculate door hinges and a suicide door on the console?

And their yachts are rated for 10X the hp

Re: IKON boat experience? [Re: backatit] #14786972 07/23/23 02:26 PM
J
Jman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
I'm an old, with an old back. I owned a hair on fire older Jaguar that would top out at 73. My partners boat runs mid 70s.

Smooth, comfortable dry ride at 63-65 sounds just fine to me nowadays.

Jim Featherston
Mortgage Loan Officer - NMLS 2509901
Red Diamond Home Loans
PH 972-890-3114
Apply at: RDHLoans.com/Jim
Licensed to Serve Clients in Texas and Florida
Re: IKON boat experience? [Re: Fishspanker] #14786978 07/23/23 02:35 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W

It’s a floating tank.

Being a tank could be a good thing. A lot of boats these days have hull problems. When that occurs they can be forever fixing them. I know 3 guys who were out of their boat for a year or while getting the manufacturer fixing their hull. One Ranger, one Nitro and a Bluewave center console.

With prices these days you need to be able to get 20 years minimum out of a hull.

63 mph is fine for most users. Exception would be those making their living tournament fishing where long runs can be make or break.

It would be interesting to know what boats she the highest percentage of warranty hull work.

The only people who want a boat that does 63 are people with boats that do 55..... you don't have to drive faster you just want to know you can.

Re: IKON boat experience? [Re: WAWI] #14786989 07/23/23 02:50 PM
tmd11111 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by WAWI

It’s a floating tank.

The only people who want a boat that does 63 are people with boats that do 55..... you don't have to drive faster you just want to know you can.

Mine will hit low to mid 70’s. I rarely go over 60. Lost the need for speed on the water years ago after slinging a blade at 80mph.

Re: IKON boat experience? [Re: Ken A.] #14787090 07/23/23 05:02 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Ken A.

It’s a floating tank.

I know it will sound like blasphemy to a lotta folks on here but 100% Skeeter. There are ruts on I-20 all the way to KIlgore from 6-12 mo old Skeeters being drug back to the factory

roflmao

Skeeter is a great concept, with monkeys working in the factory. I know, I have a monkey built boat.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: IKON boat experience? [Re: KnotTexan] #14787781 07/24/23 01:38 PM
G
GarySHO Offline
Ice Ice Baby
Ice Ice Baby
G

It’s a floating tank.

Anything over 20 foot is unlimited. It may have a RECOMMENDED plate but it is not a coast guard plate.

[Linked Image]
A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user- Theodore Roosevelt

Broken Bow Lake Fishing Guide

2020 Caymas CX 20 PRO and 250 SHO
Hochatownfishingguide.com
Re: IKON boat experience? [Re: GarySHO] #14787791 07/24/23 01:58 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by GarySHO

It’s a floating tank.

Anything over 20 foot is unlimited. It may have a RECOMMENDED plate but it is not a coast guard plate.

But tournament organizations normally say you can't exceed the plate

Re: IKON boat experience? [Re: Ken A.] #14787951 07/24/23 04:04 PM
Insurance man Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Ken A.

It’s a floating tank.

Trolls are among us...lol bet you cant name 2 people that you personally know that had to take their Skeeter back to the factory for hull problems. Troll the post is about IKON not Skeeter.

Re: IKON boat experience? [Re: WAWI] #14788146 07/24/23 07:09 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by WAWI

It’s a floating tank.

I went from a low to mid 80's boat to a low 70's boat and I am good with it

#MFGA
Re: IKON boat experience? [Re: backatit] #14788152 07/24/23 07:15 PM
W
wabash2015 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
The people buying these boats ought to be ridiculed due to the ridiculous price point. Sure, it's their money (not really, it's the banks money) and they can spend it how they want. But I'll exercise my 1st Amendment right to laugh and criticize those who pay $140k for a bath tub all because Jacob Wheeler endorsed it.

Re: IKON boat experience? [Re: wabash2015] #14788167 07/24/23 07:33 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by wabash2015
The people buying these boats ought to be ridiculed due to the ridiculous price point. Sure, it's their money (not really, it's the banks money) and they can spend it how they want. But I'll exercise my 1st Amendment right to laugh and criticize those who pay $140k for a bath tub all because Jacob Wheeler endorsed it.

You seem a little jealous.

Re: IKON boat experience? [Re: Mark Perry] #14788173 07/24/23 07:38 PM
W
wabash2015 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

If I saw someone with a new FXR or PHX then you'd be correct. The bath tub that can barely hit 60mph for $140k is a joke. Anyone buying these things is just showing the manufacturers they can charge whatever and people will pay it.

Re: IKON boat experience? [Re: wabash2015] #14788270 07/24/23 08:46 PM
O
OkAce Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
O
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

If I saw someone with a new FXR or PHX then you'd be correct. The bath tub that can barely hit 60mph for $140k is a joke. Anyone buying these things is just showing the manufacturers they can charge whatever and people will pay it.

The video I watched showed it running 68-69mph

Re: IKON boat experience? [Re: backatit] #14788342 07/24/23 09:50 PM
P
pchapin Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
If you have a boat with a 250 hp that tops out in the mid 60's, you have a gas drinker for sure.

“No reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact”
P01135809
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide