Forums59
Topics1,047,840
Posts14,113,456
Members144,392
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Supreme Court rejects student loan forgiveness [Re: donothin] #14766858 07/02/23 08:29 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by donothin
I agree it is capitalism at work. The rich feeding off the middle or lower income families. And getting tax exemptions for the fly toys. Capitalism has been great, but it certainly has its flaws.

[Linked Image]

Re: Supreme Court rejects student loan forgiveness [Re: Sawhorse] #14766883 07/02/23 08:53 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Originally Posted by donothin
I agree it is capitalism at work. The rich feeding off the middle or lower income families. And getting tax exemptions for the fly toys. Capitalism has been great, but it certainly has its flaws.

[Linked Image]

The loan forgiveness was supposed to only apply to those making less than 250k, I assume she makes more than that living in a million dollar home.

Re: Supreme Court rejects student loan forgiveness [Re: HasBen] #14766887 07/02/23 08:56 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by HasBen
Someone earlier said a friend’s kid had $400K in student loans. I am not up on college tuition these days, but is this even possible?

That friend is an idiot. It’s like parents give up their responsibility to parent. You’d think all thru high school that parents would teach kids about the dangers of debt, how to balance a checkbook, school choice and the ramifications of particular degree choices. Everyone wants to go to a fancy school- not sure about you all but I don’t know or care what school my doctor or attorney graduated from.

Last edited by grandbassslayer; 07/02/23 08:57 PM.
Re: Supreme Court rejects student loan forgiveness [Re: grandbassslayer] #14766888 07/02/23 08:57 PM
W
wabash2015 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
PPP isn’t even close to the same thing. You knew going in if you followed the rules the loan was forgiven- all the knuckleheads wanting free college agreed to pay back their loans..

You're right, PPP was even worse. Student loan debt shouldn't be forgiven, if you take out the loan then pay back the debt.

PPP was one of the single biggest wealth transfers in this country. Businesses took out these giant loans (that most didn't even need from the first place) and the government didn't put in any oversight to prevent/detect fraud. The government then forgives these loans and people with an LLC are able to keep tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of taxpayer dollars. It was disgusting. This is one of the main drivers of inflation, particularly in the stock market and asset price bubbles such as housing. There are hundreds of documented cases of PPP fraud where someone got the cash and spent it on real estate.

Re: Supreme Court rejects student loan forgiveness [Re: wabash2015] #14766890 07/02/23 09:01 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by wabash2015
PPP isn’t even close to the same thing. You knew going in if you followed the rules the loan was forgiven- all the knuckleheads wanting free college agreed to pay back their loans..

You're right, PPP was even worse. Student loan debt shouldn't be forgiven, if you take out the loan then pay back the debt.

PPP was one of the single biggest wealth transfers in this country. Businesses took out these giant loans (that most didn't even need from the first place) and the government didn't put in any oversight to prevent/detect fraud. The government then forgives these loans and people with an LLC are able to keep tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of taxpayer dollars. It was disgusting. This is one of the main drivers of inflation, particularly in the stock market and asset price bubbles such as housing. There are hundreds of documented cases of PPP fraud where someone got the cash and spent it on real estate.

Lol turn off the cable news. Did you apply for a PPP loan and read the documents? The rules were simple….and need had nothing to do with it.

Re: Supreme Court rejects student loan forgiveness [Re: MBradford] #14766922 07/02/23 09:34 PM
chickenman Offline
1:28
1:28
Originally Posted by MBradford
[Linked Image]

You forgot these...
Senator Jeanne Shaheen
Rep. Matt Cartwright
Rep. Susie Lee
Speaker Nancy Pelosi
Rep. Debbie Mucarsel-Powell
Rep. Devin Nunes

[Linked Image]
Re: Supreme Court rejects student loan forgiveness [Re: Mark Perry] #14766968 07/02/23 10:02 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Most people that had a business and employees took the PPP deal.

Re: Supreme Court rejects student loan forgiveness [Re: HasBen] #14766969 07/02/23 10:06 PM
L
LoneStarSon Online Content
Private Dancer
Online Content
Private Dancer
L
Originally Posted by HasBen
Someone earlier said a friend’s kid had $400K in student loans. I am not up on college tuition these days, but is this even possible?

Probably. I know a guy that has his doctorate and is over $200,000 in student loan debt and he went to mostly public universities...I think UTMB in Galveston was the most expensive of the schools that he attended and that was for his undergraduate degree. I know another kid that went to TCU and he's got student loan debt in the six figures, but I'm not sure of the exact amount...and he got an English degree. So, yeah, it's probably possible.

Re: Supreme Court rejects student loan forgiveness [Re: Mark Perry] #14766999 07/02/23 10:36 PM
C
Coach Hark Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
A lot of rich businessman got millions of dollars in loans during the pandemic and didn’t have to pay it back. What hurts to pay $10k of a kids debt for going to college? Just because you didn’t go to college doesn’t qualify as an answer. I paid back my college loans but I damn sure would’ve let the government pay it back. Those loans come with high interest. Here’s another idea, take the money these kids are paying for welfare and food stamps and apply it to their loan. It’s really [censored] up where our money goes but this is a bad idea? Not sure I understand the reasoning but there’s a lot of understanding the reasoning in the OT😁

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right

http://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/

Re: Supreme Court rejects student loan forgiveness [Re: Mark Perry] #14767006 07/02/23 10:41 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Problem with student loans is they are a blank check. It’s not just for tuition. Pretty much they’re a blank check to spend as they please. Next thing they know their over a $100k in debt for a $40k arts degree.

Re: Supreme Court rejects student loan forgiveness [Re: chickenman] #14767011 07/02/23 10:45 PM
M
MBradford Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by chickenman
Originally Posted by MBradford
[Linked Image]

You forgot these...
Senator Jeanne Shaheen
Rep. Matt Cartwright
Rep. Susie Lee
Speaker Nancy Pelosi
Rep. Debbie Mucarsel-Powell
Rep. Devin Nunes

Once again, how many of them were against student loan forgiveness?

Re: Supreme Court rejects student loan forgiveness [Re: Coach Hark] #14767016 07/02/23 10:49 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Coach Hark
A lot of rich businessman got millions of dollars in loans during the pandemic and didn’t have to pay it back. What hurts to pay $10k of a kids debt for going to college? Just because you didn’t go to college doesn’t qualify as an answer. I paid back my college loans but I damn sure would’ve let the government pay it back. Those loans come with high interest. Here’s another idea, take the money these kids are paying for welfare and food stamps and apply it to their loan. It’s really [censored] up where our money goes but this is a bad idea? Not sure I understand the reasoning but there’s a lot of understanding the reasoning in the OT😁

It’s real simple- when you got a student loan you agreed to pay it back. PPP was never designed to be paid back unless you didn’t hold up your end of the deal.

Re: Supreme Court rejects student loan forgiveness [Re: grandbassslayer] #14767018 07/02/23 10:52 PM
C
Coach Hark Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C

It’s real simple- when you got a student loan you agreed to pay it back. PPP was never designed to be paid back unless you didn’t hold up your end of the deal.

And you and I both know all the PPP loans were on the up and up 👍🏼 And the debt forgiveness was for $10k not forgiving you for $400k. You’d still owe $390k of that. My case, my son got married in January, played football at SOSU, those kids can’t work during the season, he worked out of season. Took out a couple of loans to get his MBA at Texas Tech while still working his full time job. He could take that $10k forgiveness and put it toward buying a home. That’s what I’m looking at even though my son said he was never counting on this to pass. For some kids like him it would’ve been nice. That’s all I’m saying. The money sent to Ukraine, money paid toward welfare and food stamps is all useless to any of us who work.

Last edited by Coach Hark; 07/02/23 11:01 PM.

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right

http://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/

Re: Supreme Court rejects student loan forgiveness [Re: Coach Hark] #14767029 07/02/23 11:01 PM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru

And you and I both know all the PPP loans were on the up and up 👍🏼

It simply was not done the right way it should go thru Congress not an EO. I will go further IMHO there should only be EO’s for national emergencies…period. None for Dem POTUS none for REP POTUS unless national emergency. Let is go thru congress the way it was designed to work.

Re: Supreme Court rejects student loan forgiveness [Re: Mark Perry] #14767032 07/02/23 11:05 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
[Linked Image]

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide