Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Brent S] #14738937 06/04/23 01:19 AM
HARD WORKN HAROLD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Brent S
Forgot to buy a fishing license? That deserves the electric chair or a public stoning.

whip

DON'T LET THE CLOTHES FOOL YA
Life is too short to fish with a dead cricket!
PB: wife of 40 years
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14738995 06/04/23 02:37 AM
P
POPPA Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
P
what a dumb azz. his lively hood is fishing and cant figure the rules out? welcome to the real world imo.

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Douglas J] #14739039 06/04/23 04:08 AM
D
Dogfish_Jones Online Content OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones
https://www.wired2fish.com/news/stracner-out-at-sabine-elite-series

Fill me in on why you cannot get a fishing license in Texas. Here in Alabama, you just pay the price and you get a license. Mind you out of state on are rather high but I'm sure that is across the board as that goes.

Maybe he needs an exemption for doing something ignorant (and illegal) and then being passive aggressive to attempt to justify his DQ?

Why are you asking "why did this happen", not to be rude and no offense meant, but are you ignorant? He explains he chose to be irresponsible and broke a law in another state and the state of Texas chooses to hold people accountable.

It's all right there, do you read?

I ask because I did not know why this happened.
I had not read anything about the reason it did, I do not read everything on the internet. I just figured you guys in Texas would know so I ask. As I have always said, there is no stupid question if you do not know the answer.

2020 Nitro Z20, Mercury 250xp 4 stroke
"Sometimes I have to remind myself that it is called Fishing and not catching"
Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Mark Perry] #14739040 06/04/23 04:13 AM
D
TFF Team Angler
OP Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Fill me in on why you cannot get a fishing license in Texas. Here in Alabama, you just pay the price and you get a license. Mind you out of state on are rather high but I'm sure that is across the board as that goes.

Maybe he needs an exemption for doing something ignorant (and illegal) and then being passive aggressive to attempt to justify his DQ?

Why are you asking "why did this happen", not to be rude and no offense meant, but are you ignorant? He explains he chose to be irresponsible and broke a law in another state and the state of Texas chooses to hold people accountable.

Alabama is part of that Interstate Wildlife Violators Compact as well. I guess every state is different in how they handle violators in that agreement.

I just looked that up, wow 48 states are in this. I have never heard or talked with someone here in Alabama or Georgia that was affected by this. I know you can go to Walmart here and get on in about 3 minutes after you find a person working in the sporting good section to assist you. I have mine automatically renewed every year online.
I have but 1 more time to purchase fishing license here in Alabama, after you reach 65 you do not have to renew them anymore. Wonder how that would work if you were over 65 now?

Last edited by Dogfish_Jones; 06/04/23 04:14 AM.

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14739043 06/04/23 04:29 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
My question, if 48 states are in this, how has he been getting his license so far for every tournament?

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: grout-scout] #14739046 06/04/23 04:40 AM
D
TFF Team Angler
OP Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by grout-scout
My question, if 48 states are in this, how has he been getting his license so far for every tournament?

hmmm

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14739072 06/04/23 10:22 AM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Ronnie Moore made the comment that he should be able to get a license for the last three events.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14739086 06/04/23 11:36 AM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Alabama is part of that Interstate Wildlife Violators Compact as well. I guess every state is different in how they handle violators in that agreement.

I just looked that up, wow 48 states are in this. I have never heard or talked with someone here in Alabama or Georgia that was affected by this. I know you can go to Walmart here and get on in about 3 minutes after you find a person working in the sporting good section to assist you. I have mine automatically renewed every year online.
I have but 1 more time to purchase fishing license here in Alabama, after you reach 65 you do not have to renew them anymore. Wonder how that would work if you were over 65 now?

you don't have to buy a fishing or hunting license if you are over 65 in Georgia but you have to renew that H.I.P. stamp/survey....and....you still have to buy hunting or fishing licenses in all the other states I've been to.(Texas,Ark.Miss.North Dakota,New YorkAlabama)....apparently there is no exemption for being over 65 unless you are a resident of that state...

Last edited by beartrap; 06/04/23 11:37 AM.
Re: Why did this happen? [Re: beartrap] #14739233 06/04/23 02:44 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Originally Posted by beartrap

you don't have to buy a fishing or hunting license if you are over 65 in Georgia but you have to renew that H.I.P. stamp/survey....and....you still have to buy hunting or fishing licenses in all the other states I've been to.(Texas,Ark.Miss.North Dakota,New YorkAlabama)....apparently there is no exemption for being over 65 unless you are a resident of that state...

If you were born before July 1, 1952 you can get a free lifetime license but after you get a lifetime license at a discounted rate.
https://georgiawildlife.com/lifetimelicense

See? Even in your own state you need to double check to stay legal.

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Brent S] #14739339 06/04/23 04:44 PM
D
Dan21XRS Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Brent S
Forgot to buy a fishing license? That deserves the electric chair or a public stoning.

Do we stone him before strapping him in the electric chair or after???...

I'll drive to wherever I have to to get a paper license... I am not computer/ tech savvy so I don't trust myself to do it over the internet... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Allison1] #14739606 06/04/23 10:46 PM
D
TFF Team Angler
OP Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by Allison1

If you were born before July 1, 1952 you can get a free lifetime license but after you get a lifetime license at a discounted rate.

I double check here in Alabama and 65 and older that are a legal residence do not need to purchase fishing license anymore.
One thing I never understood here in Alabama was no matter when you purchased you fishing license, everyone's ran out September 1st. I know when I lived in Georgia, it was a full 12 months from the day you purchased it, which seems like it is much fairer to get a full year and not some prorated time.
How is Texas, a set date or when you buy them??
I need to check Montana, if I can talk the wife into it, I would not mind moving there in the next few years. Find a little plot of a couple hundred acres and have a cabin built right smack in the middle of it. I will fish from any small creek on that land from then on. If not, I will stay here in Alabama.

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14739671 06/04/23 11:38 PM
78Staff Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Florida no need for license over 65... They have Sportsmans which I usually get - covers fresh/salt, hunter, archery, muzzleoader, turkey, WMA's etc... for $100 a year which is a good deal for all of it, but even better for mil/vet's it's only $20 a year. Or I should say it used to be, looks like they changed it this year when I renewed I no longer qualified, I think they changed it to Active/Retired only. frown

Last edited by 78Staff; 06/04/23 11:39 PM.
Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14739733 06/05/23 12:12 AM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Allison1

I double check here in Alabama and 65 and older that are a legal residence do not need to purchase fishing license anymore.
One thing I never understood here in Alabama was no matter when you purchased you fishing license, everyone's ran out September 1st. I know when I lived in Georgia, it was a full 12 months from the day you purchased it, which seems like it is much fairer to get a full year and not some prorated time.
How is Texas, a set date or when you buy them??
I need to check Montana, if I can talk the wife into it, I would not mind moving there in the next few years. Find a little plot of a couple hundred acres and have a cabin built right smack in the middle of it. I will fish from any small creek on that land from then on. If not, I will stay here in Alabama.

It used to be that all licenses expired after Aug 31....or you needed a new one on Sept 1 like Alabama.
Now you can do either. Expire on Aug 31 or renew for 12 months at a time. I believe the 12 month license costs a little more than the other.

If you move to Montana, Brrrrrrr.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide