Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Brent S] #14736879 06/01/23 05:58 PM
D
Dogfish_Jones Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by Brent S
Forgot to buy a fishing license? That deserves the electric chair or a public stoning.

Yes! yes! let us gather the stones for an evening of stoning to the bone...... sure beats running from those bulls in Spain..... banana

Oh and thanks for the info. We here in Alabama we just write one on a piece of paper and call it done.

Last edited by Dogfish_Jones; 06/01/23 06:00 PM.

2020 Nitro Z20, Mercury 250xp 4 stroke
"Sometimes I have to remind myself that it is called Fishing and not catching"
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14736882 06/01/23 06:00 PM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Seems very odd that not having a license in one state would keep you from getting a license in another state. I guess I just don't understand the need for that sort of law, very weird situation.

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: ChanceHuiet] #14736887 06/01/23 06:07 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet
Originally Posted by BMCD
Could be a child support issue in Texas. If you owe back child support and have not been making payments you can get denied. I believe there are other reasons too. Just guesses at this point.

If he has any issue in the state of Texas, could be reasons he is getting denied.

He literally explained why he got denied. He stated he got a ticket for no license in another state. Texas and that state are part of of a group that if you get that said ticket in one you lose license privileges for a year in all.

So be it. Mistakes DO have consequences.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14736889 06/01/23 06:09 PM
W
wh2004 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W
I don’t see the issue. Mess around and don’t get a license, then face the consequences. No is saying Stone the guy, but you don’t get to fish without a license.

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Mark Perry] #14736931 06/01/23 06:52 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by beartrap
below are my comments on the debate we had on the guy who got won the $100,000. tournamwent on wright-patman but got disqualified because of a screw-up buying his license on-line....this is probably going to cost Stracner a chance to fish the classic and and possible sponsorship losses...TPWD would not have given him a ticket under the circumstances (or a judge would have thrown out the ticket) and B.A.S.S. should have allowed him to fish....with all the screwups buying licenses going on,BASS and all tournament organizations need to get out of enforcing license purchase....

""I believe there is 7 mentions of people with license/transaction problems on BBC forum thread and couple on here...I know of 3 beside myself who had problems a few years ago here in Georgia....one of the problems in my area is that not many places sell licenses and if you go to wal-mart the sporting goods section may not have anybody on duty to write licenses....that was mentioned by the man who got disqualified and he tried at walmart but then had to try to do his icenses himself with his phone.""..

if he deliberately didn't buy a license in another state,he deserves the multi-state penalty....if it was simple oversight,IMHO the penalty is too severe....and i know there will be those who disagree because they believe failure to zip up your life jacket deserves just as severe penalty as those who are getting fish out of a basket...

Why is it always someone else's fault?

didn't say that .....am saying the penalty for losing $100,000. was too severe in the wright patman situation and simply forgetting to buy a license in another state and getting banned from fishing by several other states is too severe a penalty.......if somebody deliberately fishes without a license,they deserve a penalty but after reading the story on wired to fish,you can bet he did not intend to break the law in south Dakota.....

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: beartrap] #14736946 06/01/23 07:12 PM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
below are my comments on the debate we had on the guy who got won the $100,000. tournamwent on wright-patman but got disqualified because of a screw-up buying his license on-line....this is probably going to cost Stracner a chance to fish the classic and and possible sponsorship losses...TPWD would not have given him a ticket under the circumstances (or a judge would have thrown out the ticket) and B.A.S.S. should have allowed him to fish....with all the screwups buying licenses going on,BASS and all tournament organizations need to get out of enforcing license purchase....

""I believe there is 7 mentions of people with license/transaction problems on BBC forum thread and couple on here...I know of 3 beside myself who had problems a few years ago here in Georgia....one of the problems in my area is that not many places sell licenses and if you go to wal-mart the sporting goods section may not have anybody on duty to write licenses....that was mentioned by the man who got disqualified and he tried at walmart but then had to try to do his icenses himself with his phone.""..

if he deliberately didn't buy a license in another state,he deserves the multi-state penalty....if it was simple oversight,IMHO the penalty is too severe....and i know there will be those who disagree because they believe failure to zip up your life jacket deserves just as severe penalty as those who are getting fish out of a basket...

didn't say that .....am saying the penalty for losing $100,000. was too severe in the wright patman situation and simply forgetting to buy a license in another state and getting banned from fishing by several other states is too severe a penalty.......if somebody deliberately fishes without a license,they deserve a penalty but after reading the story on wired to fish,you can bet he did not intend to break the law in south Dakota.....

He is more likely to get busted in SD than Texas. …..it’s ignorant to think you could fish in ANY state without a license. If you make a living fishing, and break laws governing fishing, you deserve a LARGER/STIFFER fine. Just like a business would have more severe fines for braking laws.

He’s a [censored] for failing to get a license…so is the guy that lost out on his 1st place money. They should share a room and a boat. They would have a lot to talk about.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Why did this happen? [Re: beartrap] #14736952 06/01/23 07:17 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

In both cases it's 100% the fault of each guy. You don't like it then petition tge trails and states to change it but stop blaming everyone else. Like I said every other guy in those events figured out how to be compliant.

You rant in OT all the time about how people breaking rules and laws need to be held accountable then you post up here that it's wrong to hold these guys accountable.

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14736954 06/01/23 07:18 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Apparently 48 states participate in this. Rules vary from state to state and since Dogfish started the thread........

https://www.outdooralabama.com/law-enforcement-contacts/interstate-wildlife-violator-compact

It says anyone who is denied fishing privileges in a member state "may" lose the privilege in Alabama and if they lose the privilege in Alabama they can lose them in other member states.

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: beartrap] #14736957 06/01/23 07:20 PM
J
Jaredk Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
J

I honestly hope an uninsured motorist plows into your car…you’ll be ok with it because it can be really difficult to remember to get insurance before you drive

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14736959 06/01/23 07:22 PM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14736971 06/01/23 07:33 PM
S
sprigsss Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
I've never heard of anyone losing fishing privileges for simply fishing without a license.

A ticket is warranted, but a 1 year suspension is a bit steep IMO.

Seems like every case I've ever heard of involving loss of fishing or hunting privileges were due to more egregious offenses.

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14737763 06/02/23 03:59 PM
GeoFisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I am usually on the side of the "rules", but this seems pretty steep. If he failed to pay the fine for not having a fishing license, then I get it completely. If the guy paid the fine and is still being denied a fishing license from another state that participates in this consortium of cooperating states, that is simply wrong. Seems like double jeopardy to me if he has already paid the fine originally issued for not having a license. What about the rest of the Elite tourneys in other states?

Everything on your bass boat is broken......You just don't know it yet.
Re: Why did this happen? [Re: GeoFisher] #14737774 06/02/23 04:08 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by GeoFisher
I am usually on the side of the "rules", but this seems pretty steep. If he failed to pay the fine for not having a fishing license, then I get it completely. If the guy paid the fine and is still being denied a fishing license from another state that participates in this consortium of cooperating states, that is simply wrong. Seems like double jeopardy to me if he has already paid the fine originally issued for not having a license. What about the rest of the Elite tourneys in other states?

It's a state issue though. Nothing BASS can do about it.

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #14737783 06/02/23 04:23 PM
2014NITROZ-7 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
I think because he is a "Pro" he should get a bye and not have to follow the rules a perch jerker has to abide by.

Re: Why did this happen? [Re: Mark Perry] #14737788 06/02/23 04:26 PM
GeoFisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by GeoFisher

It's a state issue though. Nothing BASS can do about it.

I get that. I am all for following the rules. Someone help me out.....Does Tx have this law in place? (1 year suspension of license if caught without a license?) If so, then I digress and have no beef here. If not, then TPWD is enforcing another state's law right? Just seems a bit odd to me that my elected (appointed) governing body is enforcing a non native law from a state 1000 miles away with a population 1/30th the size of Tx.

Everything on your bass boat is broken......You just don't know it yet.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide