texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Barefootlender, Boop, falcon 10, Philipinlv, Maximus6!
119069 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 120,027
TexDawg 119,127
Bigbob_FTW 94,427
John175☮ 85,861
Pilothawk 83,240
Bob Davis 80,359
Mark Perry 71,844
JDavis7873® 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,036,035
Posts13,904,417
Members144,069
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Ray Roberts Tuesday April 11 #14687489 04/11/23 04:12 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 13,650
Bandit 200 XP Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 13,650
Marina parking lot full , must be a pre fishing going on , wasn't like that yesterday


Triton 200 XP
200 Yamaha 0X66
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday April 11 [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #14687492 04/11/23 04:14 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,702
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,702
Ya it has been stupid crowded, so many tournaments out here this month. I think it is the kids this weekend.


See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday April 11 [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #14687499 04/11/23 04:19 PM
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 351
Z
ZX4545 Offline
Angler
Offline
Angler
Z
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 351
Off limits for THSBA until 4/14

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday April 11 [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #14687505 04/11/23 04:23 PM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,831
B
Barn Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,831
The 2023 Texas B.A.S.S. Nation State Championship Tournament will be held on Lake Ray Roberts. Site for the tournament will be the Lake Ray Roberts Marina. Official practice days for the tournament will be Tuesday and Wednesday, April 11 & 12 with competition days on Thursday and Friday, April 13 & 14.

Texas High School Bass Association Regional is Saturday.

Lake is getting beat up.

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday April 11 [Re: Barn] #14687545 04/11/23 04:47 PM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 39,605
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
W
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 39,605
Originally Posted by Barn
The 2023 Texas B.A.S.S. Nation State Championship Tournament will be held on Lake Ray Roberts. Site for the tournament will be the Lake Ray Roberts Marina. Official practice days for the tournament will be Tuesday and Wednesday, April 11 & 12 with competition days on Thursday and Friday, April 13 & 14.

Texas High School Bass Association Regional is Saturday.

Lake is getting beat up.






Lol

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday April 11 [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #14687604 04/11/23 05:34 PM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 11,311
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
R
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 11,311
Where do people park and pick up their partners at Ray Roberts Marina? I have only been there once, but I didn't see anywhere for a partner to get in the boat after parking the truck and trailer. Are they using the small ramp across the cove? It looks like there is only parking for about 50-75 vehicles there.

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday April 11 [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #14687618 04/11/23 05:45 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,702
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,702
This is exactly why I have said so many times lakes should be issued tournament permits based on the health of the lake. Someone will say "but it took 30 to win, lake is fine". The next person in line is 23 and it drops pretty quick from there on a full moon in April with perfect water temps and very little wind Saturday. The lake is not even close to what it was or I believe can be if stocked well and allowed time to recover. There are so many lakes to choose from, simply spread the tournament pressure out a little. If we were stocked like Fork it would be different but we are not. Go hammer Lewisville or Joe Pool or Lavon for a couple of years good grief! And recreational pressure, other than during covid when no one was at work, does not even come close to 200 plus boat tournaments every weekend during the peak spawning month on the lake!


See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday April 11 [Re: Razorback] #14687619 04/11/23 05:45 PM
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 6,541
A
avid_basser Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
A
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 6,541
Originally Posted by Razorback
Where do people park and pick up their partners at Ray Roberts Marina? I have only been there once, but I didn't see anywhere for a partner to get in the boat after parking the truck and trailer. Are they using the small ramp across the cove? It looks like there is only parking for about 50-75 vehicles there.


I've seen them use the dock near the gas pumps, use the Sanger ramp, and even as far back as the ramp where the boat repair shop is.

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday April 11 [Re: Bass Buster1] #14687669 04/11/23 06:46 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 22,753
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
S
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 22,753
Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
This is exactly why I have said so many times lakes should be issued tournament permits based on the health of the lake. Someone will say "but it took 30 to win, lake is fine". The next person in line is 23 and it drops pretty quick from there on a full moon in April with perfect water temps and very little wind Saturday. The lake is not even close to what it was or I believe can be if stocked well and allowed time to recover. There are so many lakes to choose from, simply spread the tournament pressure out a little. If we were stocked like Fork it would be different but we are not. Go hammer Lewisville or Joe Pool or Lavon for a couple of years good grief! And recreational pressure, other than during covid when no one was at work, does not even come close to 200 plus boat tournaments every weekend during the peak spawning month on the lake!

You talk like you own the lake. roflmao
“We”. Haha.


Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday April 11 [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #14687674 04/11/23 06:51 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,702
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,702
Don't own it, just my back yard and want to see it pristine and the fishing great for my grandkids and their grandkids...


See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday April 11 [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #14687687 04/11/23 07:01 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,216
Minner Bucket Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,216
#growthesport

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday April 11 [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #14687736 04/11/23 07:40 PM
Joined: Aug 2022
Posts: 14
rlfhouse Offline
Green Horn
Offline
Green Horn
Joined: Aug 2022
Posts: 14
Anyone know weigh in time Friday? Planning on going out on Ray Bob Friday afternoon.

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday April 11 [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #14687743 04/11/23 07:49 PM
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 539
K
Kodyjoe Offline
Pro Angler
Offline
Pro Angler
K
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 539
Yea. Go to Fork. No tournaments down there. Ha. Every weekend fish get beat up but that's the way it is.

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday April 11 [Re: Razorback] #14687794 04/11/23 09:00 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,061
D
David Burton Offline
TFF Team Angler
Offline
TFF Team Angler
D
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,061
Originally Posted by Razorback
Where do people park and pick up their partners at Ray Roberts Marina? I have only been there once, but I didn't see anywhere for a partner to get in the boat after parking the truck and trailer. Are they using the small ramp across the cove? It looks like there is only parking for about 50-75 vehicles there.

Pick up is off the bank, usually - next to the back ramp. Partner has to walk down the hill. Parking is in the grass field by the VFA building. Many people launch at Sanger or even Pond Creek and motor over to the marina.


David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday April 11 [Re: Bass Buster1] #14687802 04/11/23 09:10 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 20,153
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
D
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 20,153
Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
This is exactly why I have said so many times lakes should be issued tournament permits based on the health of the lake. Someone will say "but it took 30 to win, lake is fine". The next person in line is 23 and it drops pretty quick from there on a full moon in April with perfect water temps and very little wind Saturday. The lake is not even close to what it was or I believe can be if stocked well and allowed time to recover. There are so many lakes to choose from, simply spread the tournament pressure out a little. If we were stocked like Fork it would be different but we are not. Go hammer Lewisville or Joe Pool or Lavon for a couple of years good grief! And recreational pressure, other than during covid when no one was at work, does not even come close to 200 plus boat tournaments every weekend during the peak spawning month on the lake!



You do realize there are around 10 million people within 100 miles or so of Ray Roberts, correct?

Do you also realize nowhere else in the country are there "good" bass lakes with that kind of population density than in North Texas?


A few tournaments a year is not what makes the fishing tough, it's the constant fishing pressure every day of the week on most lakes that makes the fishing tough.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3