Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: A Message from Uncle Randy [Re: Douglas J] #14677109 03/31/23 03:17 AM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
[Linked Image]

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: A Message from Uncle Randy [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #14677123 03/31/23 03:36 AM
H
Harleydude Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
H
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Originally Posted by WAWI
Not clicking, I'm sure it's the same bs he always spews

Recap-

If you are using FFS its a crutch in your fishing game and you are missing out on the intrinsic value of fishing.

There are plenty of bass that are not offshore chasing shad. Go catch those. The guys using FFS cannot catch them.

Ahhhh…but what about those that want to be good at both!! Such a novel idea.

Re: A Message from Uncle Randy [Re: Douglas J] #14677228 03/31/23 11:34 AM
P
prosise Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
I am not afraid to say that Uncle Randy is a wealth of info. One of a few who really give allot of info to the fishing community, and a tremendous amount of tips that work. I also have "Cheatscope" on the boat, and it's frickin amazing technology. I think the next couple of waves will be something with higher resolution ( maybe 3D), with more detail. But It is hard to listen to the same old broken record that he keeps playing. I almost feel he has gone down the path so far, he might end up stuck "in time". If you refuse to advance in tech your only hurting yourself when it comes to competition. I don't think it's fair to all high school anglers to fish against someone using LiveScope. I specifically use mine to pattern, then I have to turn it off and do my job. The LiveScope is on when I'm dialing in a pattern, and the 360 stays on when I'm running the pattern. Right now I'm up against the bank so close, neither is used. I'm casting down the bank and the bait is staying in the "juice" all the way back to the boat. Now I know the area I'm fishing so there is no surprises, but on a new lake I prob wouldn't do this. I miss the "old randy", and almost feel like he is going to start saying something like (SAVE THE FIREANTS!). Time will tell and I still watch videos from him, but I turn it off if he starts talking about FFS. I know he will prob never change his mind, but he still is "good people". Anyone who helps other anglers, and spreads the knowledge is good. Would love to sit down and chew the fat with him and play the 20 questions game. Having spent so much time fishing tournaments, and being around the old timers is fascinating.

Re: A Message from Uncle Randy [Re: Douglas J] #14677368 03/31/23 01:51 PM
Gungle Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Feed the troll!!! popcorn2

Re: A Message from Uncle Randy [Re: Douglas J] #14677410 03/31/23 02:17 PM
D
doctorb Offline
Angler
Angler
D
He is right to some extent. Really don't understand the hate.

Re: A Message from Uncle Randy [Re: Douglas J] #14677468 03/31/23 03:01 PM
T
TAFKABCF Offline
Angler
Angler
T
If you have never read Bass Wars, I highly recommend you do. Randy B is one of the featured anglers in the book. He did an interview 25 years after the book came out that is very telling about his mindset. In it he says:

Bass Wars marked the end of an era, so to speak, in terms of the loss of innocence in the sport. The years following the book, and even till today, have seen an overpopulation of anglers claiming to be “pros”, or wanting to be “pros’.

This overpopulation was created by too many tournaments and too many tournament circuits that were “for Profit” organizations.

The result of this was a small group of anglers hogging up the majority of the sponsorship pie that is out there, leaving the majority of the anglers to fend for the crumbs, and struggle, unless they are financially independent, which is the theme of today’s professional angling.

Looking back, the year Nick Taylor traveled with us was filled with excitement, anxiety and uncertainty – but it has stayed with me all these years.

Here's the link: https://bass-archives.com/more-bass-wars/

Bitter clinger

Archie Bunker was right about everything
Re: A Message from Uncle Randy [Re: TAFKABCF] #14677485 03/31/23 03:15 PM
D
Douglas J Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by TAFKABCF
If you have never read Bass Wars, I highly recommend you do. Randy B is one of the featured anglers in the book. He did an interview 25 years after the book came out that is very telling about his mindset. In it he says:

Bass Wars marked the end of an era, so to speak, in terms of the loss of innocence in the sport. The years following the book, and even till today, have seen an overpopulation of anglers claiming to be “pros”, or wanting to be “pros’.

This overpopulation was created by too many tournaments and too many tournament circuits that were “for Profit” organizations.

The result of this was a small group of anglers hogging up the majority of the sponsorship pie that is out there, leaving the majority of the anglers to fend for the crumbs, and struggle, unless they are financially independent, which is the theme of today’s professional angling.

Looking back, the year Nick Taylor traveled with us was filled with excitement, anxiety and uncertainty – but it has stayed with me all these years.

He is complaining about the thing that made him his living, tournaments.

Typical liberal mentality, "what is good for me is not good for he".

#MFGA
Re: A Message from Uncle Randy [Re: Douglas J] #14677515 03/31/23 03:44 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
STAY STRONG RANDY!!!!💪

(That was done in my best “yell at clouds old guy” impression)

Re: A Message from Uncle Randy [Re: TAFKABCF] #14677594 03/31/23 04:19 PM
M
Marmooskapaul Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
M
Originally Posted by TAFKABCF

Thanks for the link. Read the book several times and enjoyed it. Need a follow up or two.

Re: A Message from Uncle Randy [Re: Douglas J] #14677731 03/31/23 06:11 PM
W
wabash2015 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
Remember when Randy said he'd be fishing out of a Ranger tin boat to show people that you can compete on a professional level without needing a $70k+ glass boat? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Re: A Message from Uncle Randy [Re: BThomas] #14677740 03/31/23 06:16 PM
U
Used2fish Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
U
Originally Posted by BThomas
I thought this was about Randy Flowers

Be a lot cooler if it was!

Re: A Message from Uncle Randy [Re: Douglas J] #14677788 03/31/23 06:47 PM
J
JCBfromTHF Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
I use to be a subscriber to his channel. I found myself agreeing with him on only about 50% of issues but enjoyed his take on lure modifications and presentations. Lately his live scope tirade has become more than I can stomach so I unsubscribed to his channel. I tune into fishing channels for positivity, not negativity and it seems like a majority of his videos lately have been more about what is wrong with fishing rather than what is right about fishing. I have even made a few comments to him about the direction his channel was headed but it fell on deaf ears.

Re: A Message from Uncle Randy [Re: Douglas J] #14678034 04/01/23 12:19 AM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Randy B. complained about tackle costing too much before Magabass became his sponsor. Now he promotes expensive baits. He even has a video where he says to use 5 Vision 110't on an A-rig. He complained about fiberglass boats costing too much until he was sponsered by Skeeter. Randy complains too much unless someone helps him out because his career as a pro hasn't been all that good compaired to others.

Re: A Message from Uncle Randy [Re: Douglas J] #14678040 04/01/23 12:24 AM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Have said it before and I’ll say it again. He’s the most miserable person on all of YouTube.

Re: A Message from Uncle Randy [Re: Douglas J] #14678134 04/01/23 02:36 AM
4D Ranch Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I don’t follow him but he is getting a lot of internet buzz here and elsewhere. So is it just for clicks? Or is he trying to get one of the big three to notice and enlighten him with some sort of financial gain to (educate) him and have him change his stance on FFS? As with the boat and bait companies mentioned in prior posts?? He may make more of the clicks these days I don’t know! But the rants I’ve seen posted on here about how we are ruining the fisheries while he is on his way to his next tournament or driving home from the last one he sucked at is annoying as hell!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide