Page 1 of 2 1 2
Table Rock Lake #14673849 03/28/23 03:01 PM
U
Unclebubba Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
U
We are planning a trip to Table Rock Lake in MO in mid June. Has anybody fished there before? Got any advice?

Intercoastal Financial Group
www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Table Rock Lake [Re: Unclebubba] #14674002 03/28/23 05:16 PM
M
McCombs Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
What part of the lake? Lake has good population of largemouth, smallies and spots. Boat traffic will be bad but nothing like Lake of the Ozarks. Being a corps lake, not a huge number of docks but enough that you have lots of options if you like to dock fish. If you want a change of pace, you can put a bass boat on Taneycomo and catch trout. Fishing should still be decent in mid June but it will get tougher as the month goes on.

Re: Table Rock Lake [Re: Unclebubba] #14674148 03/28/23 06:55 PM
Q
Quillback Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Q
Yeah what part of the lake are you fishing/staying? I fish the upper end all the time. Mid June can be great, get out on the water as early as possible, the fish are biting then and the disturbers of the peace and quiet (wake boats, jet skis, etc.,) are not on the water in force until 10 AM or so.

C-rigs, Jigs, T-rigs, swim baits like a Keitech Fat, top water - lots of stuff will work, it is a good time of year for a lot of techniques.

Re: Table Rock Lake [Re: Unclebubba] #14674233 03/28/23 08:05 PM
U
Unclebubba Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
U
We'll be at Big Cedar Lodge (The bass pro shops place). It is on the far southeast end of the lake.

Re: Table Rock Lake [Re: McCombs] #14674237 03/28/23 08:08 PM
U
Unclebubba Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
U
Originally Posted by McCombs
What part of the lake? Lake has good population of largemouth, smallies and spots. Boat traffic will be bad but nothing like Lake of the Ozarks. Being a corps lake, not a huge number of docks but enough that you have lots of options if you like to dock fish. If you want a change of pace, you can put a bass boat on Taneycomo and catch trout. Fishing should still be decent in mid June but it will get tougher as the month goes on.

We have a guide for Trout one day. I've never touched a fly rod before in my life, so I'm going to pay someone to teach me.

Re: Table Rock Lake [Re: Unclebubba] #14674277 03/28/23 09:00 PM
4Weight Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Unclebubba73
We'll be at Big Cedar Lodge (The bass pro shops place). It is on the far southeast end of the lake.

One afternoon go down to the new Cliffs Lodge by Bass Pro. I stayed down there with my wife in 2019 and it is beautiful. Views right on the lake.

Aztec Anglers San Juan River Guide Service
www.aztecanglers.com
Re: Table Rock Lake [Re: Unclebubba] #14674316 03/28/23 09:30 PM
M
McCombs Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
That is pretty close to the dam, a lot of smallmouth in that part of the lake. Expect to find very clear water. I can’t say I know enough to give you any secrets. There are points, points and more points on the lake. You won’t see a lot of timber sticking out of the water, but there is a decent amount under the water (nothing like Fork or Toledo Bend). If you have livescope look for fish suspended in the tops of trees 20-40 feet down and try a small swimbait when you find them. You will probably have a thermocline around 45 feet. If you keep running up Long Creek you will wind up in Arkansas, just keep that in mind from a licensing standpoint. I don’t think there is any reason to fish the AR portion but I’m not an expert on TR, someone else may know more than me. There is (or at least was) a reduced cost reciprocal license add-on for AR and MO on White River lakes.

Re: Table Rock Lake [Re: Unclebubba] #14674388 03/28/23 10:29 PM
Q
Quillback Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Q
What Mr. McCombs says ^^. I don't know that end of the lake myself. Do a search on Pete Wenners, he does a weekly fishing report. And join Ozarkanglers forum, when it gets within a couple of weeks you can ask on there about the fishing.

You can get a White River System license for $10, assuming you have the MO license and that will allow you to fish the AR side of TR.

Re: Table Rock Lake [Re: Unclebubba] #14674425 03/28/23 11:21 PM
B
Barn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

We have a guide for Trout one day. I've never touched a fly rod before in my life, so I'm going to pay someone to teach me.

Do you have a trout guide or specifically a fly fishing guide? I assume you are fishing Taneycomo as mentioned above. You can catch trout on about anything in addition to fly fishing on Taneycomo. Jerkbaits, small crankbaits or 1/8 lipless, inline spinners, small spoons or 1/8 marabou jigs. Otherwise, it can be like catfishing using nightcrawlers, powerbait or corn on basically a light weight Carolina rig.

The lake record brown trout is 40.6# and 15.6# rainbow.

Re: Table Rock Lake [Re: Unclebubba] #14674501 03/29/23 12:42 AM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R

We have stayed at BCL about 10 times and it's a beautiful property, for sure. In my opinion, Table Rock is a decent fishing lake and that's about it. As stated before, get on the water as early as possible, fishing top waters, A-rigs, and lipless cranks. We always have the best luck fishing coves and rocky shorelines.

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: Table Rock Lake [Re: Barn] #14674629 03/29/23 04:01 AM
U
Unclebubba Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
U
Originally Posted by Barn

Do you have a trout guide or specifically a fly fishing guide? I assume you are fishing Taneycomo as mentioned above. You can catch trout on about anything in addition to fly fishing on Taneycomo. Jerkbaits, small crankbaits or 1/8 lipless, inline spinners, small spoons or 1/8 marabou jigs. Otherwise, it can be like catfishing using nightcrawlers, powerbait or corn on basically a light weight Carolina rig.

The lake record brown trout is 40.6# and 15.6# rainbow.

I was under the impression that it is a fly fishing guide. Now that you ask, I'm gonna have to inquire.

Re: Table Rock Lake [Re: Rayzor] #14674630 03/29/23 04:04 AM
U
Unclebubba Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
U
Originally Posted by Rayzor

We have stayed at BCL about 10 times and it's a beautiful property, for sure. In my opinion, Table Rock is a decent fishing lake and that's about it. As stated before, get on the water as early as possible, fishing top waters, A-rigs, and lipless cranks. We always have the best luck fishing coves and rocky shorelines.

We're not really there for the fishing as much as we're there because that's where my wife wanted to go. She talked me into it by saying "look, you can go fishing and there's a gun range too".

Re: Table Rock Lake [Re: Unclebubba] #14674901 03/29/23 02:42 PM
R
Rbob64 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
Big Cedar sits in Long Creek, depending on your trip and moon phase there will be still shad spawn going. If you get out look for birds early should be able to concentrate on secondary points all the back into Arkansas. Should still be decent top water bite. Table Rock Dam worth visit and fish hatchery. IF you get good with fly rod you can wade fish up by dam if there not generating. IF you hear horns which up there get off water as there opening gates.

North Texas Texoma & RR bound most days
Re: Table Rock Lake [Re: Rbob64] #14674982 03/29/23 03:44 PM
U
Unclebubba Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
U
Originally Posted by Rbob64
Big Cedar sits in Long Creek, depending on your trip and moon phase there will be still shad spawn going. If you get out look for birds early should be able to concentrate on secondary points all the back into Arkansas. Should still be decent top water bite. Table Rock Dam worth visit and fish hatchery. IF you get good with fly rod you can wade fish up by dam if there not generating. IF you hear horns which up there get off water as there opening gates.

I'm not very experienced in big water bass fishing. Up to this point in my life, it has been creeks and ponds. I've gone on quote a few Striper trips and we always followed birds. I had not thought of that for Bass other than Stripers, but it makes sense. Thanks!

Re: Table Rock Lake [Re: Unclebubba] #14675558 03/30/23 12:16 AM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Rayzor

We're not really there for the fishing as much as we're there because that's where my wife wanted to go. She talked me into it by saying "look, you can go fishing and there's a gun range too".

If there is a gun range, I don't know anything about it. But, then again, I just learned about Thunder Ridge Nature Arena.

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide